Check social media...Browns fans :oops:
Social media, especially twitter, is always a fun time after events like this. Happens with every teams fans, but this is one where the act itself can't be defended. Even he knows that.

Garrett should definitely be out for the for the rest of the season if not a full calendar year.I’ve taken a hit to the head like that has caused me long lasting neurological issues and seizures. Rudolph may not have been injured but It could have been a lot worse

Social media, especially twitter, is always a fun time after events like this. Happens with every teams fans, but this is one where the act itself can't be defended. Even he knows that.

Agreed. I'll take a minority stance here too. While I think Rudolph has handled this extremely poorly, I dont think he was kicking him in the franks and beans. I think he was a fish out of water after getting drilled late and was flailing. Now running back out there, and then post events, brutal, but I think this is pretty much on Garrett.

Agreed. I'll take a minority stance here too. While I think Rudolph has handled this extremely poorly, I dont think he was kicking him in the franks and beans. I think he was a fish out of water after getting drilled late and was flailing. Now running back out there, and then post events, brutal, but I think this is pretty much on Garrett.

I agree with this completely. I do think Rudolph came across as a punk afterwards and was foolish for rushing Garrett, but I was surprised at all the, "well look at what Rudolph did..." It doesn't matter. It really doesn't. You just can't bash a guy over his exposed head with a helmet--no matter what.

I agree with this completely. I do think Rudolph came across as a punk afterwards and was foolish for rushing Garrett, but I was surprised at all the, "well look at what Rudolph did..." It doesn't matter. It really doesn't. You just can't bash a guy over his exposed head with a helmet--no matter what.
Is this perspective being taking to defend Garrett's actions, or to consider supplemental discipline for Rudolph?

Early to bed, early to rise, I seem to always miss the crazy stuff on these evening games.

Garrett - see you next year. Browns may have won the game, but they look like a team poised to lose the war from the inside out. Pittsburgh is simply talent depleted from both loses and injury. They'll be back with some reloading.

Is this perspective being taking to defend Garrett's actions, or to consider supplemental discipline for Rudolph?

Not my perspective, so I don't know, but it certainly could be the latter. I would be fine with Rudolph being disciplined, even suspended, as I mentioned last night. I was just surprised with how much conversation focused on Rudolph's actions and not what was one of the most egregious things I've ever seen on a field/court. Maybe that was because there wasn't a lot to add to "well, Garrett is done for a long time."

On social its in defense by a LOT of Browns fans people.

Not my perspective, so I don't know, but it certainly could be the latter. I would be fine with Rudolph being disciplined, even suspended, as I mentioned last night. I was just surprised with how much conversation focused on Rudolph's actions and not what was one of the most egregious things I've ever seen on a field/court. Maybe that was because there wasn't a lot to add to "well, Garrett is done for a long time."
I think, especially for those commenting in here, is it's that last part pretty much. Not much to add to what Garrett did. he did it, and there's no denying that and not much to discuss there. Should be out for the year at least.

I've seen plenty of both on twitter today, though the former seems to have come mostly from Browns fans.

I think Garrett's most likely done for the year but there's no real consistency with fines/suspensions so who knows. Pouncey will be interesting. I can see why he'd lose his head seeing what Garrett did, but going for a guy on the ground like that doesn't look good at all.

Yeah, the Garrett decision is pretty cut and dry. Makes sense that most of the conversation on Rudolph is how many boxes you can tick to validate a suspension for him as well.

Yeah, the Garrett decision is pretty cut and dry. Makes sense that most of the conversation on Rudolph is how many boxes you can tick to validate a suspension for him as well.
Kicking Garrett in the balls and trying to take his helmet of should check a lot of them.

I've seen plenty of both on twitter today, though the former seems to have come mostly from Browns fans.

I think Garrett's most likely done for the year but there's no real consistency with fines/suspensions so who knows. Pouncey will be interesting. I can see why he'd lose his head seeing what Garrett did, but going for a guy on the ground like that doesn't look good at all.
That's what is interesting to me. People can see why Pouncey reacted the way he did because of what Garrett did, but aren't seeing why Garrett reacted the way he did because of what Rudolph did. Kind of needs to be both there, doesn't it?

IMO this whole incident started with a late hit/driving the QB to the ground after the ball was gone and because of that I won't be surprised if Rudolph doesn't get any suspension. In the first frame, the receiver is already catching the ball and Garrett continues the play well after the receiver has turned upfield. #53 wisely followed the rules and released Rudolph after the ball was gone. Garrett cleary did not. Rudolph reacted to the late hit like a lot of other NFL QB's would have.

If this late hit from Garrett was to Aaron Rodgers or any other top QB, he would have been easily been flagged.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 8.38.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 8.39.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 8.39.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 8.39.59 AM.png

Last edited:
I think, especially for those commenting in here, is it's that last part pretty much. Not much to add to what Garrett did. he did it, and there's no denying that and not much to discuss there. Should be out for the year at least.

And that makes sense.

Don’t use up all your energy just yet on this folks. Once the suspensions are handed down we will also have to dissect the racial injustice of why Garrett and Pouncey were punished more severely than Rudolph!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a guy who played O-line for a long time and coached it longer, Pouncey did what he should have, and had someone NOT gone after Garrett and I was the coach, heads would have rolled. You always defend your QB, always, regardless of the repercussions. And he will get suspended, he threw hands.

Just tuning into the social media. ☕ I love the perspective that the mean QB was picking on one of the most badass defensive ends in the NFL. Uh huh. Makes Rudolph look like a tough guy, which is at least something for a young QB who isn't looking very good on the field. And I'm sure that's the image Garrett wants. :rolleyes:

IMO this whole incident started with a late hit/driving the QB to the ground after the ball was gone and because of that I won't be surprised if Rudolph doesn't get any suspension. In the first frame, the receiver is already catching the ball and Garrett continues the play well after the receiver has turned upfield. #53 wisely followed the rules and released Rudolph after the ball was gone. Garrett cleary did not. Rudolph reacted to the late hit like a lot of other NFL QB's would have.

If Garrett did this to Rodgers he would have been easily flagged.

View attachment 8914885

View attachment 8914886

View attachment 8914887

View attachment 8914888
I'm not sure that trying to rip a players helmet off and spiking them in the nerds is the path most NFL quarterbacks would have gone... Not to mention running after the lunatic while helmet-less after said spiking.

Absolutely agreed that the excessive take down was the beginning of the altercation, but there are three separate samples of where Rudolph escalated it.

As a guy who played O-line for a long time and coached it longer, Pouncey did what he should have, and had someone NOT gone after Garrett and I was the coach, heads would have rolled. You always defend your QB, always, regardless of the repercussions. And he will get suspended, he threw hands.
I'm really interested in your perspective on DeCastro. Do you like how he handled it or from this perspective, should he have gone after Garrett?

That's what is interesting to me. People can see why Pouncey reacted the way he did because of what Garrett did, but aren't seeing why Garrett reacted the way he did because of what Rudolph did. Kind of needs to be both there, doesn't it?

For me, what Rudolph did was nothing compared to Garrett's reaction. It's a fairly common for a QB to get in a guys face after what they consider a cheap hit (especially with how much QB's are protected these days) and I saw his kick more as just him flailing trying to get Garrett off him rather than anything more malicious.
I can definitely see how it's being interpreted the other way though so will be very interested to see the outcome.

I'm not sure that trying to rip a players helmet off and spiking them in the nerds is the path most NFL quarterbacks would have gone... Not to mention running after the lunatic while helmet-less after said spiking.

Absolutely agreed that the excessive take down was the beginning of the altercation, but there are three separate samples of where Rudolph escalated it.

My take is its easy. I dont think he did kick him. I think Garret hit a QB WAY late (after WR caught the ball) and drove him into the ground. QB flailing around like an idiot kicking and screaming (@GolferGal sees the same). DE ripped his ******* head off and beat him with a helmet. Since that time, Rudolph has been the dumbest player on the planet.

Freeze frame and slow mo are showing some interesting perspectives, but I dont think they are real personally.

I don't disagree. Rudolph should have reacted differently but he's a rookie and will learn from this. I'm just saying that had Garrett released him a second or two earlier, none of this would have happened. IMO the fact that it all started with a late hit will prevent a suspension for Rudolph.

Antonio Smith's might be the closest to this sample. Gets provoked big time, rips the helmet off, takes a big swing. I think I read he got two preseason games and one regular season game for this;

That's precedent that the league will not be proud of. And precedent that they will ignore in reaching a penalty for Garrett.

Back