Freeze frame and slow mo are showing some interesting perspectives, but I dont think they are real personally.

That's easily one of my biggest frustrations in sport on social media. Like with selective stats, you can easily steer the narrative in the direction you want with some carefully selected freeze frames.

For me, what Rudolph did was nothing compared to Garrett's reaction. It's a fairly common for a QB to get in a guys face after what they consider a cheap hit (especially with how much QB's are protected these days) and I saw his kick more as just him flailing trying to get Garrett off him rather than anything more malicious.
I can definitely see how it's being interpreted the other way though so will be very interested to see the outcome.
I can appreciate the freeze frame perspective, but he wasn't flailing when he was trying to rip off Garrett's helmet off. There was obvious intent there.

I'll agree that intent on the kick/spike is highly speculative, but it happened nonetheless. Like with any sport, you're responsible for your actions out there.

Agreed. I'll take a minority stance here too. While I think Rudolph has handled this extremely poorly, I dont think he was kicking him in the franks and beans. I think he was a fish out of water after getting drilled late and was flailing. Now running back out there, and then post events, brutal, but I think this is pretty much on Garrett.

if garret didn’t swing that helmet, it would just been a normal team scuffle and everyone goes about their ways. Maybe he’ll get a small fine and same with Rudolph too.

but yeah that helmet swing pushed this to another level.

I think the bigger thing being lost in this one is there were less than 10 seconds left in the game, Cleveland is up by 2 scores, why are you blitzing/applying pressure there anyway??? I think this is the decision that is getting overlooked that put all of this into play.
How about dont run a play at all....cant put it on the defense for playing the play out. Thats silly.

"Mason Rudolph started it."-Browns fans
Wouldnt lump us all in one crappy pile....

Check social media...Browns fans :oops:
Theres some really stupid people in every city and even more stupid fans of every single team out there.

The bottom line here is there is NO WAY IN HELL that this falls back on any coach. It doesnt fall back on another players actions. Once that helmet gets ripped off Mason's head, if Myles would have dropped it or chucked it down field people would be saying he showed restraint and they're both culpable. When he rares back and swings the helmet at another player and then makes contact...........nothing else that happened before that to instigate it makes any difference whatsoever. Do you guys remember the melee in the Palace? Detroit Pistons? once those players entered the stands to fight people and start swinging, nothing else prior to the instigating matters.

As much as Id like to sit here this morning and feel great about this win and where we are headed as a team......I cant. I'm embarrassed as a fan of the Cleveland Browns. Everyone here knows where my allegiances fall. I'd like to be considered one of the biggest Browns fans out there, but I cant do that if I dont take time to acknowledge how ridiculous Myles Garret's actions were last night. Could you imagine a baseball player rushing the mound with a bat in hand and swinging.....AND MAKING CONTACT? Or maybe even a more relatable THP analogy. How about a PGA golfer going after someone or something with an iron? Unconscionable.

and I dont want to hear...."its the Browns" or "typical Cleveland." For F@&ks sake! Theres idiot fans all over the place and most of them are entirely drunk. Those people arent football fans, their entertainment and trainwreck junkies who feed off of carnage. #GOBROWNS

I don't disagree. Rudolph should have reacted differently but he's a rookie and will learn from this. I'm just saying that had Garrett released him a second or two earlier, none of this would have happened. IMO the fact that it all started with a late hit will prevent a suspension for Rudolph.
Couldn't you make the same argument for Pouncey, then? And Ogunjobi?

As a guy who played O-line for a long time and coached it longer, Pouncey did what he should have, and had someone NOT gone after Garrett and I was the coach, heads would have rolled. You always defend your QB, always, regardless of the repercussions. And he will get suspended, he threw hands.

Pouncey will be suspended although not as long as Garrett.

Pouncey's likely suspension will be the result of him kicking Garrett as Garrett lay on the ground with DeCastro on top of him. The fact that Pouncey threw punches at Garrett would be enough to warrant an ejection and likely fine but the kicking will cost him game checks. Throwing punches at someone wearing a helmet and face mask is flat out stupid.

How about a PGA golfer going after someone or something with an iron?

Elin, the most famous iron swing in the history of women's golf :ROFLMAO:

Elin, the most famous iron swing in the history of women's golf :ROFLMAO:
hahaha. she didnt even get charged...

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I can appreciate the freeze frame perspective, but he wasn't flailing when he was trying to rip off Garrett's helmet off. There was obvious intent there.

I'll agree that intent on the kick/spike is highly speculative, but it happened nonetheless. Like with any sport, you're responsible for your actions out there.

lol @ trying rip Garrett's helmet off.

He's definitely not blameless in the incident at all, but up until the helmet swinging it was a fairly standard scrap. If it had ended there it wouldn't have resulted in much more than a couple of fines imo.

She technically MADE money on that one hahahaha

Yea. Somehow that situation worked to her advantage to the sum of like $100mill or some stupid number

Yea. Somehow that situation worked to her advantage to the sum of like $100mill or some stupid number
So you're saying Garrett should get 100 million dollars.

Signed,
The Internet

why is that an lol?
Quite simply because that is not what happened and comes across as you're homer/Ohio/Browns bias trying to defend the reaction from Garrett.

I saw the video and yes, Rudolph grabbed his helment. No he didn't try to "rip it off".

Frankly, don't be surprised if Miles Garrett is arrested and charge with misdemeanor assault.

We can debate the severity of any suspensions and give our respective opinions as to what we think but it's s going to be interesting to see how all this plays out for the NFL. With the league under the microscope because of documented failures to properly address the issue of concussions, they are faced with a high profile (happened on a nationally televised game) incident wherein a player could have received a serious head injury. And it was from a player swinging a helmet as a weapon so it is removed from the typical helmet on helmet contact that occurs during the course of play.

Also, it will be interesting to see how the NFLPA reacts because they are going to be forced to defend a player for assaulting another. Fortunately, Rudolph was not seriously hurt. But his union is going to have to represent his attacker.

I'm really interested in your perspective on DeCastro. Do you like how he handled it or from this perspective, should he have gone after Garrett?
I think they all should have gone after Garrett, IF they respect Mason as their QB, which imo is still a big if.

Quite simply because that is not what happened and comes across as you're homer/Ohio/Browns bias trying to defend the reaction from Garrett.

I saw the video and yes, Rudolph grabbed his helment. No he didn't try to "rip it off".

Frankly, don't be surprised if Miles Garrett is arrested and charge with misdemeanor assault.

I definitely see him trying to rip Garett’s helmet off, from a couple different camera angels. He tried several times to pull Garett’s helmet off.

I think they all should have gone after Garrett, IF they respect Mason as their QB, which imo is still a big if.
After that post game interview show he put on, that's going to be a tough sell moving forward methinks hahaha

Couldn't you make the same argument for Pouncey, then? And Ogunjobi?

Absolutely. They could have not engaged with fists and kicking. Although growing up in football there is a "code" or set of unspoken rules that they live by and protecting their QB is almost an instinct for them after playing their whole lives. Especially after one of the most egregious acts any of us have ever seen on an NFL field in the last decade.

Fortunately, for Garrett and the NFL, the fact that Rudolph was not injured by the helmet will likely preclude any determination as to whether Garrett's actions rose to the level of being a misdemeanor.

After that post game interview show he put on, that's going to be a tough sell moving forward methinks hahaha
He comes by that naturally for being a Choke State Plowboy.

Back