Throwing an out patten to Zeke on 4th down......good grief.

Why not throw multiple hail mary's? Why throw a 3 yard pass? Or even the deep out on the first play?

Delving Cook was the best RB on the field tonight. 97 yards rushing and 86 yards receiving. Fun game to watch.

What happened to the Rams offense and the genius coach? Is Goff just sucking or is this team taking a step back perhaps from losing all their offensive coaches.
Rams fan here. Yes and yes.

But the biggest reason is the O-line. They're putrid. The loss of Saffold at G is enormous and to a lesser extent, Sullivan at C. Regardless how he was manhandled in the SB, he was/is far superior to Allen at C.

Now Allen is down, Noteboom at G already out... their 1's on the interior line have sucked so darn bad, enter the 2's and well, turn the lights off on your way out.

Abysmal.

Still, Goff's happy feet, poor pocket presence and inability to effectively extend a play are being exposed. He cannot adequately improvise, even fails to allow a simple screen to develop. Yet in light of the line's utter ineptitude, I can't exactly blame him.

But overshadowing all of this is Mcvay's impulsive panic mode when in tight games. I saw the cracks last season, even when down by just one, suddenly he abandons the run and goes pass heavy.

Line sucks this year but an NFL team in tight games passing at a 2:1 or even 3:1 ratio is absolutely inexcusable. Going one dimensional in allowing D's to pin their ears back vs a suspect line plays right into their hands.

Today was another case in point. In a close game throughout decided by one score, the Rams ran 21 times (12 carries for Gurley) on designed plays and threw 41 times.

Nonsense.

But this is what you get. Because of their flamboyant aerial attack last season, people erroneously think/thought this is a passing team. False. The run always opened up the pass and from there, play-action offered big play opportunity through the air.

They undervalued O-line and are now paying a terrible price in the short term. The salary cap and lack of 1st and 2nd round picks over the next few seasons may very well hasten their demise.

How a team in a win now mode can ignore O-line is absolutely, stunningly, beyond me...

Rams fan here. Yes and yes.

But the biggest reason is the O-line. They're putrid. The loss of Saffold at G is enormous and to a lesser extent, Sullivan at C. Regardless how he was manhandled in the SB, he was/is far superior to Allen at C.

Now Allen is down, Noteboom at G already out... their 1's on the interior line have sucked so darn bad, enter the 2's and well, turn the lights off on your way out.

Abysmal.

Still, Goff's happy feet, poor pocket presence and inability to effectively extend a play are being exposed. He cannot adequately improvise, even fails to allow a simple screen to develop. Yet in light of the line's utter ineptitude, I can't exactly blame him.

But overshadowing all of this is Mcvay's impulsive panic mode when in tight games. I saw the cracks last season, even when down by just one, suddenly he abandons the run and goes pass heavy.

Line sucks this year but an NFL team in tight games passing at a 2:1 or even 3:1 ratio is absolutely inexcusable. Going one dimensional in allowing D's to pin their ears back vs a suspect line plays right into their hands.

Today was another case in point. In a close game throughout decided by one score, the Rams ran 21 times (12 carries for Gurley) on designed plays and threw 41 times.

Nonsense.

But this is what you get. Because of their flamboyant aerial attack last season, people erroneously think/thought this is a passing team. False. The run always opened up the pass and from there, play-action offered big play opportunity through the air.

They undervalued O-line and are now paying a terrible price in the short term. The salary cap and lack of 1st and 2nd round picks over the next few seasons may very well hasten their demise.

How a team in a win now mode can ignore O-line is absolutely, stunningly, beyond me...

That Ramsey trade at the deadline made no sense.
Maybe they tried and no one was available but surely they had to get o line help.

The bye week might have been the Redskins best week of the season so far with the Jets and Dolphins winning. Now heading towards a top 2 pick, hopefully that will be enough for Allen to finally be fired.

I don't think you can pick-and-choose when to play the analytics game. If he's going apply it, he needs to go for 2 on the first (and every) TD, too.

If you are going to selectively do it, wait until the last possible opportunity, at least.

Actually no. According to this segment it’s the analytics play when down 14 in the 4th quarter. So in essence you do pick and choose, or at least the analytics do.

Just heard someone describe the Browns redzone woes as the following:

“It’s a mental thing now. It’s like they have all of these 2 foot putts that they keep rolling 5 feet past the hole.”

“Or like shanking a 2 footer 5 feet left.”
Very true. Very very true.

Nice to see every NBC "analyst" get their Dallas pick over Vikings wrong last nice. lol

Could they have shown Ezelial's ugly -ss any more than they did last night? Every time they cut to break they threw his ugly mug on the TV screen.

Nice to see every NBC "analyst" get their Dallas pick over Vikings wrong last nice. lol

Could they have shown Ezelial's ugly -ss any more than they did last night? Every time they cut to break they threw his ugly mug on the TV screen.

When they all picked the Cowboys I told my wife that it was likely a good predictor that Dallas would lose, lol.

Just heard someone describe the Browns redzone woes as the following:

“It’s a mental thing now. It’s like they have all of these 2 foot putts that they keep rolling 5 feet past the hole.”

“Or like shanking a 2 footer 5 feet left.”
Very true. Very very true.

Is the stat I just heard real?
That through the same amount of games, Manziel was superior in QB Rating and every measurable to Mayfield? Can't be.

Is the stat I just heard real?
That through the same amount of games, Manziel was superior in QB Rating and every measurable to Mayfield? Can't be.

Well Baker broke the record for rookie tds thrown so I’d find it hard to believe that could even be remotely true.

Probably threw less INTs....but then again he rarely threw the ball. 100% guarantee the attempts aren’t anywhere near the same. I’m sure it can be twisted however the stats want them to be twisted for a narrative one way or the other lol.

Well Baker broke the record for rookie tds thrown so I’d find it hard to believe that could even be remotely true.

Probably threw less INTs....but then again he rarely threw the ball. 100% guarantee the attempts aren’t anywhere near the same. I’m sure it can be twisted however the stats want them to be twisted for a narrative one way or the other lol.

Sounds like they are talking about QB rating and efficiency and I think its actually true. That is pretty shocking.

Sounds like they are talking about QB rating and efficiency and I think its actually true. That is pretty shocking.

I’m excited to research that one.

When they all picked the Cowboys I told my wife that it was likely a good predictor that Dallas would lose, lol.
The Vikings let off the gas pedal after they went up 14-0.

They need to work on keeping their foot on the gas pedal.

Back