One can only speculate. Helmet to helmet hits during game, rivalry game, 4 interceptions, some of the factors to consider .
Helmet to helmet happen week in week out, I buy that guys were chirping and a rivalry game, but that went sideways on a pretty basic play at the end of the game

As much as it pains me to say it.....If Rothlisberger was in the game that whole situation would never have happened. Even if it were the exact same circumstances.
Agree, but that is a 15 year vet who would have just laid down after getting hit and I'm sure if they were chirping during the game it wouldn't be the same type of chirping and certainly the presser wouldn't have gone the same way

I was reading on social and was surprised that more were not reacting to Baker basically calling out Garrett before they even got into the locker room.

Is that typical in the NFL? Some guys (former NFLers) weighed in similar to my mentality where you defend your guys or don't comment. Anything else is poor leadership.

And that's the sad part. Garrett drops the helmet and decks Rudolph with a fist and we're all in here laughing at how stupid Rudolph is.

Ruining my fun, Myles.
I need more emojis for this one.... ???? I will say that I'm surprised Rudolph was concussed after a shot he took a couple games ago.... with his helmet on, but wasn't concussed after being hit with his own helmet is a bit ironic :p

Rudolph's comments were stupid and juvenile and he should know to bite his tongue. But idiots can't do that, obviously.

But Garrett violently swinging a helmet at a person's exposed head could certainly be interpreted as a cowardly act. I'd sure say it is.

Surprising that people are putting more into words than the actual act. You all know that Rudokph couldn't have possibly said anything before, during or after that could justify Garrett swinging a helmet at his exposed head, right?

Not at all a case of "getting what he deserved," as has been intimated here. I could only hope we know this.

I was reading on social and was surprised that more were not reacting to Baker basically calling out Garrett before they even got into the locker room.

Is that typical in the NFL? Some guys (former NFLers) weighed in similar to my mentality where you defend your guys or don't comment. Anything else is poor leadership.
Apparently Baker and Mason are buddies so maybe that weighed on his perspective

Generally that’s true but this was just an indefensible situation. Baker, Landry, OBJ, Kitchens all immediately called it “inexcusable” or “embarrassing.” Seems like Myles agrees. Terrible act that will taint his reputation, but I was impressed with how he took responsibility. He knows he messed up and regrets it.

Apparently Baker and Mason are buddies so maybe that weighed on his perspective
Maybe, but he'd get skewered in the NHL for not defending or keeping his mouth shut. Just doesn't happen.

I liked Tomlin not biting on it. Let the league make a decision and then maybe offer some feedback then.

I need more emojis for this one.... ???? I will say that I'm surprised Rudolph was concussed after a shot he took a couple games ago.... with his helmet on, but wasn't concussed after being hit with his own helmet is a bit ironic :p

I thought he was dead after that hit, he was knocked out cold.

Generally that’s true but this was just an indefensible situation. Baker, Landry, OBJ, Kitchens all immediately called it “inexcusable” or “embarrassing.” Seems like Myles agrees. Terrible act that will taint his reputation, but I was impressed with how he took responsibility. He knows he messed up and regrets it.
Easy call on his part, but I agree. You don't do something like that and then try to defend yourself haha!!

Sooooo if this happened...still doesn’t justify using a helmet as a weapon. But it be going ballistic if another dude and full grown ass man “kicked me in the groin” intentionally

Easy call on his part, but I agree. You don't do something like that and then try to defend yourself haha!!

i don’t know if you’re going to be suspended for awhile you mine as well make it worth it haha, should have said “I wish I hit that b*tch harder” haha.

Sooooo if this happened...still doesn’t justify using a helmet as a weapon. But it be going ballistic if another dude and full grown ass man “kicked me in the groin” intentionally

Wow, he really did spike him in the nuggets.

1573799334867.png

i don’t know if you’re going to be suspended for awhile you mine as well make it worth it haha, should have said “I wish I hit that b*tch harder” haha.
If he'd taken that stance, I'd edit every single post I've made in here tonight hahaha

Maybe, but he'd get skewered in the NHL for not defending or keeping his mouth shut. Just doesn't happen.

I liked Tomlin not biting on it. Let the league make a decision and then maybe offer some feedback then.

I agree about the NHL, Happy Gilmore took off his skate and tried to stab someone and his teammates had his back.

Crazy ass end of a game. It was wild to see first hand we sat in the first row behind the Steelers bench. Next thing you see is benches clearing...C081FEBB-35DC-43DD-9C70-236EAEFA1CD5.jpeg

rudolph will get a fine and garrett will be suspended for 6 games and appeal it down to 4

If he'd taken that stance, I'd edit every single post I've made in here tonight hahaha
how about if he took that stance after hearing what Rudolph said?

as bad as that whole situation was, I still think when Haynesworth stomped on the guys exposed face on the ground with his cleats was worse. Swinging a helmet at someones head obviously can do a lot of damage, but for me, a 350lb dude with cleats stomping on someones face was way worse! Haynesworth got off easy for that only 5 games

Garrets swing look way more vicious I think, but haynesworth was flat out cowardly

Have I been hit with a helmet? Yes. Definitely.

Is the bottom of a helmet equitable to a brick? No no. If it was, Rudolph would be on the ground bleeding.

You’re right. I only saw it in real time last night. Just watched the replays, there are a lot of people at fault. I think Pouncey looks worse in hindsight. Garret’s still a punk.

I'm not condoning it, but if it was the result of being kicked in the balls, fair enough. But to call it a fight is embarrassing. Google "best fights in the NRL" and see what a footy fight is all about. Those boys don't muck around.

Garrett will be done for the year, Pouncy will get 3-4, and what’s being lost here is Rudolph isn’t innocent, he will get 1-2.

Garrett lost his effing mind and will get what he deserves which should be the season, but for Mason to act holier than thou is hilarious.

I'm super surprised there is literally any sort of justification for this. The Delanie Walker punch was fine, it happens. The Simian hit you could maybe make the case it was all part of quick action, despite being pretty late. This was downright disgusting.

And people think its acceptable because he was kicked? WTF? That was up there with the worst in the history of the game and a total embarrassment by a young and rising star that absolutely lost control. His own coaches know it. His teammates have said it. He could have ended a career instantly and possibly worse.

It's a violent and still beautiful game, and sadly events like this have to take place. There were a LOT of helmet to helmet hits last night, but I thought both teams showed decent restraint at times. This was a total embarrassment and he should absolutely be gone.

Not sure if that was to my comment or not....if it was, I’m not justifying anything. Dude needs to be suspended for the season. That was crazy and assault.

But to act like Rudolph was 1000% innocent in everything is just as crazy. He needs to sit a game or two as well, and the videos show it.

No place for Garrett ending it the way he did, but the him being the only guilty party in any way shape or form is pretty hilarious.

Back