Garret suspended indefinitely and pouncey with 3 games. No words on mason yet.

Quoting for @blugold. Not sure how you're seeing anything else.

Also, not a Browns fan. Tried and failed per usual. Not a Steelers hater either.

Reading more of the reaction, apparently many others agree that Rudolph quickly escalated the situation by grabbing Garrett's head, I agree that he grabbed Garrett's head. I will give you that Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off. But none of that justifies Garrett swinging and striking Rudolph with the helmet. That's inexcusable.

Reading more of the reaction, apparently many others agree that Rudolph quickly escalated the situation by grabbing Garrett's head, I agree that he grabbed Garrett's head. I will give you that Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off. But none of that justifies Garrett swinging and striking Rudolph with the helmet. That's inexcusable.
I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue that.

Another take from Nate Burelson that I like.

Plenty of blame on both sides and Mason deserves a fine and/or suspension as well. A lessor one than Garrett, but still some punishment, IMO.

Plenty of blame on both sides and Mason deserves a fine and/or suspension as well. A lessor one than Garrett, but still some punishment, IMO.

Thanks for sharing that! I agree completely.

Just out:

Myles Garrett: Indefinitely, for at least the rest of this season, plus a fine
Maurice Pouncey: 3 games, plus a fine
Larry Ogunjobi: 1 game, plus a fine

The Browns and Steelers have been fined $250K.

At most a fine.

Helmet to helmet happen week in week out, I buy that guys were chirping and a rivalry game, but that went sideways on a pretty basic play at the end of the game
[
Maybe it’s as simple as a guy throwing 4
Just out:

Myles Garrett: Indefinitely, for at least the rest of this season, plus a fine
Maurice Pouncey: 3 games, plus a fine

I really didn't see the Ogunjobi suspension coming. Honestly, I really didn't understand why he was ejected. Was he the one that kind of chest bumped Rudolph to the ground? If so, this is stupid, Rudolph did worse.

I really didn't see the Ogunjobi suspension coming. Honestly, I really didn't understand why he was ejected. Was he the one that kind of chest bumped Rudolph to the ground? If so, this is stupid, Rudolph did worse.

Rudolph deserved something there but keeping him in at QB is punishment enough.

Antonio Smith's might be the closest to this sample. Gets provoked big time, rips the helmet off, takes a big swing. I think I read he got two preseason games and one regular season game for this;

I remember seeing that play when it happened and laughed thinking Smith should have swung it at Incógnito’s man region..... clearly because of Richie’s reputation ?

Agreed with that. Rudolph's actions were WAY worse than a knock down.

im expecting 1 game and a fine.

also expecting garret to appeal for just to be suspended for the year and come back next year.

for some reason after that game as a browns fan, I feel our season is done. The locker room morale will be shot.

And Twitter is already blowing up over the lack of Rudolph suspension. Many are calling it “white privilege”. Here we go again....

I think it’s the league being overly protective of its QB’s. He should’ve been suspended.

Just out:

If the league is smart they would enforce that on week 13. And if the Steelers are smart Rudolph will be inactive on week 13. He should have gotten something too.

While I dont see it that way, this is going to turn into a race war sadly, which is absurd.
I haven't been on social media yet, because I am editing video, but I know its coming.

after seeing this replay, like 50 times this morning I think it was because Ogunjobi came back into the fray, the hit or bump was minor to say the least, but he was away from the play initially....

Again, after seeing this replay.... 50 more times, I give a lot of credit to DeCastro and Feiler for keeping their collective cool.... I heard Max Kellerman initially say DeCastro was the one who put Garrett on the ground.... DeCastro was the one, but you can see him literally lay on top of Garrett trying to keep him out of the fray.

Rudolph is culpable and is a punk for the post game comments and should be suspended, but the guy is absolutely fortunate that he was able to walk off the field after a shot like that.

There is still more discipline coming from the NFL - my guess is Rudolph will get fined and more players will have actions taken against them for leaving the bench during the skirmish. As usual everyone is quick to overreact on social media when the review/discipline is not complete yet.

While I dont see it that way, this is going to turn into a race war sadly, which is absurd.
I haven't been on social media yet, because I am editing video, but I know its coming.
Ugh...

And Twitter is already blowing up over the lack of Rudolph suspension. Many are calling it “white privilege”. Here we go again....

I think it’s the league being overly protective of its QB’s. He should’ve been suspended.

The white privilege thing was so predictable. Goodell should have been smart enough to factor that in and even without that it's easy to justify suspending Rudolph for a game or two.

All this aside, Rudolph is not a good QB. This is as much attention as he will ever get. Hopefully Big Ben is healthy next year, has a shower and a shave and we see some good stuff from the Steelers next season.

fed5c597b462e523f29470f5f9525c0f.jpg

All this aside, Rudolph is not a good QB. This is as much attention as he will ever get. Hopefully Big Ben is healthy next year, has a shower and a shave and we see some good stuff from the Steelers next season.

fed5c597b462e523f29470f5f9525c0f.jpg

This post along with the one from @Canadan about the last swinging helmet guy getting 3 games is the perfect test case about two things.

1. The current NFL is very different from a handful of years ago.
2. Time heals all wounds evidently.

Big Ben's alleged rapes, would have had him banned from the NFL in current scope.

It's a different time for sure. This one was only a 2 game suspension in 1986.

Browns statement and comments from the owners: (glad they said what they said the tone of how they’ve said it)

The NFL on Friday suspended Browns defensive end Myles Garrett indefinitely, barring him for at least the remainder of the 2019 season and playoffs, after a late-game incident Thursday that marred Cleveland's win over the Steelers.

"We are extremely disappointed in what transpired last evening at the end of our game," Dee and Jimmy Haslam said. "There is no place for that in football and that is not reflective of the core values we strive for as an organization. We sincerely apologize to Mason Rudolph and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Myles Garrett has been a good teammate and member of our organization and community for the last three years but his actions last night were completely unacceptable. We understand the consequences from the league for his actions."

Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi was also suspended one game for his role in the skirmish between Garrett and Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph. Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey was suspended three games.

Garrett must meet with NFL commissioner's office before a decision is made on his reinstatement. He's also been fined an undisclosed amount.

Ogunjobi was suspended for an unnecessary roughness penalty he drew for shoving Rudolph to the ground.

Additional discipline for other players is forthcoming through the NFL's standard accountability process.

With 8 seconds to play, Garrett grappled and shoved with Rudolph before ripping off the quarterback's helmet and hitting him over the top of the head with it. Players from both sidelines filed onto the field and the game was significantly delayed as officials sorted out the fracas.

"That is not who Myles wants to be," Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said Thursday. "That is not who we are going to be. You have to be able to maintain your composure in times like that and under no circumstances, we will need anything to do with anything like that. I am embarrassed. Myles is embarrassed. It is not good. He understands what he did. He understands it is totally unacceptable, and we got to get through it."

Back