This is pretty interesting.

067bc22bfbb9d5a3cf2c6be3b12851e6.jpg
Crazy.. Cousins would be my vote for most overpayed.. Lol. ? (sorry JB). There are sums steals for those on their rookie contracts who are playing incredible

This is pretty interesting.

067bc22bfbb9d5a3cf2c6be3b12851e6.jpg

Just wait until Jackson, Mahomes and Watson sign their next contracts. And Tannehill will get paid also.

Watch out for the vikes. V. 9ers. Garopolo. has never played a playoff game.

Watch out for the vikes. V. 9ers. Garopolo. has never played a playoff game.
I hope the niners don't overlook the Vikings.. They are a complete team!

I like the Nolan hire by the Cowboys, Now I’m just hoping they are able to keep Kris Richard on staff too.

Rhule going to the Panthers means one thing.... This man may be coaching the NY Football Giants.

@Nate what say you??

LOL the NY Giants are really overreacting by that hire. I am not even sure what to think or how they think this guy will be the solution that they need.

Not sure I like the Rhule hiring? We’ll see!

Not sure I like the Rhule hiring? We’ll see!

That's another one where they reached imo. So many better choices with HC NFL experience. One thing people forget college coaches can't motivate these guys like they can college kids.

That's another one where they reached imo. So many better choices with HC NFL experience. One thing people forget college coaches can't motivate these guys like they can college kids.
Tepper wanted a modern offensive coach. Personally, would have liked the OC from KC or the OC or DC from the 49ers.

Tepper wanted a modern offensive coach. Personally, would have liked the OC from KC or the OC or DC from the 49ers.

I think Eric Bieniemy (KC) or Brian Dabol (BUF) would have been perfect for Carolina given how the roster is constructed.

I think Eric Bieniemy (KC) or Brian Dabol (BUF) would have been perfect for Carolina given how the roster is constructed.
I'm not sure you want Dabol. His (and McDermott's) playcalling can be pretty suspect.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LOL the NY Giants are really overreacting by that hire. I am not even sure what to think or how they think this guy will be the solution that they need.

That type of hire has worked out pretty well for the Ravens and Steelers, time will tell if it works for the Giants.

Pulling for a superbowl matchup of the Chiefs and (in the following order):
Vikings (rematch of SB IV)
Packers (rematch of SB I)
49ers

I'm not sure you want Dabol. His (and McDermott's) playcalling can be pretty suspect.

I would argue Carolina has better skill players and could open up what they can do offensively. I think the play calling in BUF was a direct result of not giving Allen better WR's.

That type of hire has worked out pretty well for the Ravens and Steelers, time will tell if it works for the Giants.

It has, but I don't think Judge is on their level. You are correct that time will tell, but I think he is in way over his head and rumors of wanting Garrett to coach the OC tells me they want a seasoned coach in the building to help him

Remember Buffalo is Carolina 2.0! McDermott was the D.C. in Charlotte. So, no way Tepper hires someone from Buffalo. Pittsburgh yes!

It has, but I don't think Judge is on their level. You are correct that time will tell, but I think he is in way over his head and rumors of wanting Garrett to coach the OC tells me they want a seasoned coach in the building to help him

I don't mind them wanted to bring a guy with experience when hiring a young coach as we have seen it before and it appears to have helped stabilize those coaching staffs in the early years (Phillips with McVay/Rams is probably the most recent example). I think part of the Garrett thing is they would like to have him help develop Jones.

I like Judge for the fact that he comes from strong coaching trees (Bama/Patriots) over the past decade. He must have blown the Giants away in terms of his leadership and coaching outlook, so we'll see if those characteristics show themselves as a head coach. As a Cowboys fan I hope he does an awful job and sets the Giants back for years haha but Belichik guys have a pretty good track record of doing well when given the chance to be a head coach.

I don't mind them wanted to bring a guy with experience when hiring a young coach as we have seen it before and it appears to have helped stabilize those coaching staffs in the early years (Phillips with McVay/Rams is probably the most recent example). I think part of the Garrett thing is they would like to have him help develop Jones.

I like Judge for the fact that he comes from strong coaching trees (Bama/Patriots) over the past decade. He must have blown the Giants away in terms of his leadership and coaching outlook, so we'll see if those characteristics show themselves as a head coach. As a Cowboys fan I hope he does an awful job and sets the Giants back for years haha but Belichik guys have a pretty good track record of doing well when given the chance to be a head coach.

I think the Belichick offensive coaching tree ins't as strong as some would like to believe. Houston is a prime example of a team winning in spite of the coach. I think if you said "defensive coaches" from the Belichick tree the argument gets stronger with Flores and Vrabel doing well.

I think the Belichick offensive coaching tree ins't as strong as some would like to believe. Houston is a prime example of a team winning in spite of the coach. I think if you said "defensive coaches" from the Belichick tree the argument gets stronger with Flores and Vrabel doing well.

I don't know if I would say Houston is winning in spite of their coach, that team has a pretty mediocre defense from a personnel standpoint and a shaky offensive line with a couple throwaway RBs yet he still seems to get them to the playoffs (4 of past 5 years) and they are still alive in the playoffs this year. I really like Watson/Hopkins so he does have those weapons to work with.

I don't know if I would say Houston is winning in spite of their coach, that team has a pretty mediocre defense from a personnel standpoint and a shaky offensive line with a couple throwaway RBs yet he still seems to get them to the playoffs (4 of past 5 years) and they are still alive in the playoffs this year. I really like Watson/Hopkins so he does have those weapons to work with.

but his management of this roster bc he is the defacto GM is why the personnel has issues. As a coach he has mismanaged the clock numerous of times and has made some decisions that left me wondering if we are watching the same game.

Granted i'm the arm chair fan and have the luxury of hindsight, but in game he has come up small at times where you would think your coach should be better.

but his management of this roster bc he is the defacto GM is why the personnel has issues. As a coach he has mismanaged the clock numerous of times and has made some decisions that left me wondering if we are watching the same game.

Granted i'm the arm chair fan and have the luxury of hindsight, but in game he has come up small at times where you would think your coach should be better.

You are correct from the personnel standpoint, I forgot he also pretty much had GM duties. That is one thing I'm not a fan of, coaches should coach and GMs should be making the personnel decisions. Doesn't usually end well when those two functions are combined.

I agree that Judge must have done something that indicated to Giant's ownership that he was the man for the job. There were other candidates they could have interviewed and it's not like Judge had other offers like Ruhle did from Carolina. I'm not a Giants fan but I do live in the NY market and we get a daily dose of the GMen on local sports talk and local news. And I read the NY Post and Daily News sports frequently. I don't know what to make of this hire. I just hope it's not because he's from NE. Belichick may be the GOAT but his tree hasn't exactly produced great coaches. There are a couple that have been or are showing signs of being good but overall his assistants have not been good head coaches

We'll have to see. But after two disappointing hires to succeed Tom Coughlin (McAdoo and Shurmur). Giants fan have to hope this is different. It may not matter that he coached for Saban and Belichick; he has never been a head coach or a coordinator. Plus, the teams future is currently hitched to young QB who showed promise but had significant fumbling issues and to Sequon Barkley. The current team as constructed is not very good defensively and the GM other than drafting Jones and Barkley has been less than impressive in his drafts and free agent signings.

I would argue Carolina has better skill players and could open up what they can do offensively. I think the play calling in BUF was a direct result of not giving Allen better WR's.

Other than McCaffrey and maybe Olsen (when healthy) they look pretty comparable. Brown and Beasley match up with the top 2 Panther WRs.
Dabol would call some great plays and then just go completely conservative. The end of the first half against the Texans when they flat out played for the FG was aggravating. Those decisions might be as much McDermott's as Dabol though.

Other than McCaffrey and maybe Olsen (when healthy) they look pretty comparable. Brown and Beasley match up with the top 2 Panther WRs.
Dabol would call some great plays and then just go completely conservative. The end of the first half against the Texans when they flat out played for the FG was aggravating. Those decisions might be as much McDermott's as Dabol though.

I think Moore and Samuel are a little more dynamic than Brown and Beasly. Olsen should have retired last year and let them develop Thomas, but that didn't happen.

Either way I think Dabol would have been better than Rhule at this point given the experience, but time will tell.

Back