2019 Odyssey EXO Putters Thread

It sure how much longer I’ll be able to hold out on the EXO Marxman

Give in to the dark side. Exo line up is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give in to the dark side. Exo line up is

Ha! Im sure I’ll cave eventually, but the cheap ass in me wants to wait until CPO has some

Ha! Im sure I’ll cave eventually, but the cheap ass in me wants to wait until CPO has some

Solid move. Shouldn’t take long

d9791765ba7917059c012c7e70b9bec8.jpg

Lag putting last night, walked off 18 feet in basement and made a 2 foot diameter circle to putt into. 4 rounds of 6 putts per round.

Rd 1: 5/6 (left it short & right)
Rd 2: 6/6
Rd 3: 6/6
Rd 4: 5/6 (left if long & left)

My next round can't come soon enough!

First round in with the Exo 7 Mini and it wasn't perfect, but it was quite good. 33 putts, no 3 putts.

It was a strange round, first time I have played in the NCGA team match play, you play 2 on 2, and in each group there are 2 single matches and then a fourball match. So 3 matches at once, you are in on 2 of them. I was giving 2 and on the 9th hole had to make an 8' putt for par to tie... center cup and that set the tone for me to win my single match 4 & 2.

First time I have ever played that course with no 3 putts, which was more impressive for me as we had several really hot days and the greens were quite fast.

The 7 mini is just a really great shape and the first 7 that I have really been drawn to. Going to try and get some practice in with it and the tuttle side by side but so far I am impressed.

I finally had 2 rounds with my marxman s that I'm getting confident with it over the last week. When I tested it out against my old #7 o-works I was making way more putts with the EXO. On the course was a different story. Took me quite a few rounds to get used to the roll of the EXO and the stroke lab combo. I swapped a SS traxion grip on and that made a noticeable improvement in my alignment. I really slowed my tempo down and that is when I started getting some confidence.

Still have a ways to go but lining up the marxman is incredible. I just have to keep working on the pace. The face seems hotter than my old o-works so I've been sending alot of putts past the hole and missed a fair share of 4-6 footers. Got rained out today but was putting well before we called it a day. Happy that I've been able to improve.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

First round in with the Exo 7 Mini and it wasn't perfect, but it was quite good. 33 putts, no 3 putts.

It was a strange round, first time I have played in the NCGA team match play, you play 2 on 2, and in each group there are 2 single matches and then a fourball match. So 3 matches at once, you are in on 2 of them. I was giving 2 and on the 9th hole had to make an 8' putt for par to tie... center cup and that set the tone for me to win my single match 4 & 2.

First time I have ever played that course with no 3 putts, which was more impressive for me as we had several really hot days and the greens were quite fast.

The 7 mini is just a really great shape and the first 7 that I have really been drawn to. Going to try and get some practice in with it and the tuttle side by side but so far I am impressed.

Did you adjust the lie angle on the mini at all or straight stock specs?

Did you adjust the lie angle on the mini at all or straight stock specs?

nope, just custom length/grip. I have never adjusted lie angle on a putter, I am sure there was a different lie angle on the Edel but I never looked up what it was.

And the Exo 7 mini might have just cemented its place in the bag. 29 putts yesterday, no 3 putts and 7 one putts. Not at my home course, and in match play I didn't miss anything inside of 6', plus a couple lengthy ones to tie holes where I had to make it to halve the hole in a match I won 1 up on 18.

And the Exo 7 mini might have just cemented its place in the bag. 29 putts yesterday, no 3 putts and 7 one putts. Not at my home course, and in match play I didn't miss anything inside of 6', plus a couple lengthy ones to tie holes where I had to make it to halve the hole in a match I won 1 up on 18.

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts once you get the custom Toulon vs the EXO mini or other SL.

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts once you get the custom Toulon vs the EXO mini or other SL.

I honestly don't think the Toulon will really be in contention for regular use. I went with aesthetics over function (for my stroke) 100%.

Got out today and the Marxman just continues to perform for me. I had 33 putts w/ only one 3-putt and two nice long bombs.

Can’t wait to test this vs my soon to be Toulon Vegas once I have the right measurements. I am playing an Inch and half too long and standard vs my fitting of 1° flat.

I honestly don't think the Toulon will really be in contention for regular use. I went with aesthetics over function (for my stroke) 100%.

Sean’s Pebble Beach just too good looking not to copy? I couldn’t blame any of you all.

Yea the Exo 7 mini S is one I will forever ponder unless one comes up on an insane deal in the future. With the garage coming in I can’t justify it at the moment, but damn are they good

Sean’s Pebble Beach just too good looking not to copy? I couldn’t blame any of you all.

His Palm beach helped to finalize what I was already planning on. I love that shape and seeing it in person tipped me to where I wanted to go.

Yea the Exo 7 mini S is one I will forever ponder unless one comes up on an insane deal in the future. With the garage coming in I can’t justify it at the moment, but damn are they good

Mini is hands down the sleeper pick of the exo line up for 2019. the smaller profile and balance bar combined with the higher moi is just stupid easy to roll and gain confidence with.

Mini is hands down the sleeper pick of the exo line up for 2019. the smaller profile and balance bar combined with the higher moi is just stupid easy to roll and gain confidence with.

You should have seen Austie’s then. Proto mini 7s they were trying to get phil into that’s even a bit smaller with a longer flow neck. Absolute beauty

I was thinking Rossie then I saw the mini 7 and couldn’t get it out of my mind... as is my MO I caved and ordered it and am really happy I did.

I was thinking Rossie then I saw the mini 7 and couldn’t get it out of my mind... as is my MO I caved and ordered it and am really happy I did.

I thought for sure I would stay with marxman but the mini with DB shaft was just from every distance. So happy to have it in the bag.

I've still been struggling with my marxman s and am thinking now that I should have stayed away from the s model. I swapped out the stock oversize grip for a Superstroke traxion and it helped some but I'm still not where I want to be. I was lights out with the demo one I tried but the struggle is real on the course.

I've been contemplating trying to trade the s for a regular marxman or 7 mini but I'm going to go test them again and see if there is any improvement. I can say that my speed is much improved with the EXO and stroke lab it's just the alignment and stroke issues I'm fighting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lag putting last night in the basement, walked off 12 feet and started with the Exo 7s, then switched over to the SL 7s. EXO is definitely hotter off the face, and my misses were a little further past the hole, but everything was consistently around the same area. Carpet had a little break that I was too lazy to move. I think I put it perfect on a spot by a little bump in the carpet since anything left of it moved more left and anything starting go towards that spot moved right. I don't expect to make many 12 footers but 3 putting is a no-no, so keeping it within 1-2 feet is something I was happy with, with the occasional draino!

Blue hen- you're dealing with the same battle I am with putters. Do you think the exo being hotter would be an issue on fast greens?

I’m not BlueHen, but having used the EXO 7 mini on fast greens I can attest to it not being an issue on fast greens. At least not for me. YMMV

I’m not BlueHen, but having used the EXO 7 mini on fast greens I can attest to it not being an issue on fast greens. At least not for me. YMMV

It’s freaking amazing on fast greens (11+ on stomp).

Back