2019 Odyssey EXO Putters Thread

Lag putting last night in the basement, walked off 12 feet and started with the Exo 7s, then switched over to the SL 7s. EXO is definitely hotter off the face, and my misses were a little further past the hole, but everything was consistently around the same area. Carpet had a little break that I was too lazy to move. I think I put it perfect on a spot by a little bump in the carpet since anything left of it moved more left and anything starting go towards that spot moved right. I don't expect to make many 12 footers but 3 putting is a no-no, so keeping it within 1-2 feet is something I was happy with, with the occasional draino!

Are you taking the same stroke length with each?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you taking the same stroke length with each?

I wish I could say yes but I’m sure they are slightly different. Maybe the first stroke with the other putter is the same then I adjust for the rest of the putts once I see the ball end up a little further from or past the hole. I think I end up putting slower with the EXO and keep stroke the same length but that’s just a guess.

Be a fun experiment to see how it works, maybe throw some tape on the ground to mark the start and stop points of the head along with getting a metronome app to keep the pace the same....hmmmn my thinking gears are turning now.

I wish I could say yes but I’m sure they are slightly different. Maybe the first stroke with the other putter is the same then I adjust for the rest of the putts once I see the ball end up a little further from or past the hole. I think I end up putting slower with the EXO and keep stroke the same length but that’s just a guess.

Be a fun experiment to see how it works, maybe throw some tape on the ground to mark the start and stop points of the head along with getting a metronome app to keep the pace the same....hmmmn my thinking gears are turning now.

Gotcha. I mentioned it before here and Cbaker responded that probably due to the higher MOI in the exo model, using the same stroke length with each putter, would result in the putts made with exo running out longer than SL.

Blue hen- you're dealing with the same battle I am with putters. Do you think the exo being hotter would be an issue on fast greens?

I don't necessarily think it would be a problem, as long as you have good touch with the putts, but I've always had good success on faster greens, maybe since my usual miss is short.

Gotcha. I mentioned it before here and Cbaker responded that probably due to the higher MOI in the exo model, using the same stroke length with each putter, would result in the putts made with exo running out longer than SL.

I think the extra MOI is playing a big part of the additional roll too. It's a fun battle for me having to decide on which putter to use each time out, whether it's on the course or just practicing.

I just got an EXO Mini 7 with SL a few weeks ago and probably played 5 rounds with it, transitioning from an O-Works 7. I have been noticing more lip outs. However, on the plus side I have made a few that just got in the front door which would probably have come up short with the old putter.

Had my first not good putting round with the Exo Mini, but as is usual with this game it was all on me. I had 4 3 putts, and all because I got really aggressive trying to make the 1st putt and left myself 6'+ coming back. Then on those I got way to big of an arc and pushed 2 and pulled the others.

Crazy thing is I still had 6 1 putts, a few from distance. My set up is getting dialed in, but if the stroke gets too big of an arc than I can miss both ways and start having distance control issues because I am hitting the ball all over the face. Even as forgiving as these are, they can't fix a cut across heel strike or a pulled toe shot.

I added an EXO marxman to the putter collection this last weekend. Took it straight out for a round and was very impressed with the results. The lag putting was great and i felt super comfortable on 4-6 footers. Had a practice putting session on Sun working long lag putts since i am never that close on an iron shot in lol. The feel that these putters provide is fantastic. The stroke lab just flat out works.

Just picked up an EXO Marxman on ebay for a significant discount. The price was almost too good, so I went back and forth a lot on it. In the end, based on the pictures and the seller's feedback, I decided it was more than likely a genuine putter and not a knock-off. Can't wait to get it in hand.

Just picked up an EXO Marxman on ebay for a significant discount. The price was almost too good, so I went back and forth a lot on it. In the end, based on the pictures and the seller's feedback, I decided it was more than likely a genuine putter and not a knock-off. Can't wait to get it in hand.

That’s great! That’s the one thing that scares me about eBay and clubs. Have to really be sure about the authenticity. Especially on what seems like good deals.

2019 Odyssey EXO Putters Thread

Wow. Heck of a deal there! And if it has the oversize grip, it would be exactly the one I’m looking to buy. A little jealous :) Great find!

Last edited:

On the stroke lab putters I think they all have a serial number on the heel so that is a good place to check. Not sure if that is always the case, but all 8 of us at the OE had it on ours and I know my Exo 7 mini does as well.

Another solid round with the 7 Mini, 32 putts 1 3 jack (too be fair I was about 100' away) and 5 1 putts, including 2 birdies. 1 of the birdies was a double breaker from 45-50'.

Overall I cannot imagine anything else I would want in a putter.

Another solid round with the 7 Mini, 32 putts 1 3 jack (too be fair I was about 100' away) and 5 1 putts, including 2 birdies. 1 of the birdies was a double breaker from 45-50'.

Overall I cannot imagine anything else I would want in a putter.

You are making it really hard on me to hold off.

Mini was my best purchase of the year so far. It took time to adjust to the weight distribution of the SL tech but now it’s just silly easy and fun to putt with.

With the rain yesterday, today, and possibly tomorrow, makes me leaning towards using the EXO in tomorrow's hopeful round! Played so well with the SL last time out, but really need to put the EXO through the test all 18 holes. Gonna be that guy and bring both to the practice green though just to see how it rolls, but EXO is on the lead right now due to lack of on course use.

I've finally got some confidence with the Marxman S. I was really struggling and wondering if I made the right choice going with the S version but the last 4 rounds I can say I've putted lights out in a variety of green conditions. Today I carded a 79 with 31 putts for my best round of the season.

For me it was a tempo issue. As soon as I slowed the take away and made sure I was following through i started burning edges and some of them are just falling. I love how the marxman sets up and now that I've found some tempo the stroke lab has come alive. Glad I stuck with it. Hopefully I can keep the positive progress going.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On the stroke lab putters I think they all have a serial number on the heel so that is a good place to check. Not sure if that is always the case, but all 8 of us at the OE had it on ours and I know my Exo 7 mini does as well.
Something like this?

f9e622d3e8aeb45556d96feefaab41ff.jpg

It wasn't scheduled to come in until tomorrow, and I'm playing 9 tonight, so I'm definitely excited it came a day early. I'll give my early results/thoughts after my round tonight.

Think so, need to check mine to see if it is 10 digits as well, but looks the same to me.

I checked a Rossie at the pro shop this evening and it looked identical to mine (font, spacing, placing, etc). I'm pretty sure mine is genuine.

After 9 holes I'm neutral on the Marxman, but I'm obviously still getting used to it. I had 18 putts, with two 3-putts. One 3-putt was due to a bad miss-hit on the first putt. It was my first long putt of the day and I wussed out. The last 3-putt was on the 9th hole and it was multi-level and I was annoyed at my route to the green (topped 3-wood, hybrid into a bunker, thinned PW past the green, duffed chip from awful lie, chip that rolled waaaaay past the hole to the lower tier) so I just didn't care at that point. I had a few putts lip out or just miss, so hopefully those will start falling as I get used to it. I've used a blade my entire golfing career so this is a pretty big change for me.

All that said, the putter is absolutely beautiful.

I've still been struggling with my marxman s and am thinking now that I should have stayed away from the s model. I swapped out the stock oversize grip for a Superstroke traxion and it helped some but I'm still not where I want to be. I was lights out with the demo one I tried but the struggle is real on the course.

I've been contemplating trying to trade the s for a regular marxman or 7 mini but I'm going to go test them again and see if there is any improvement. I can say that my speed is much improved with the EXO and stroke lab it's just the alignment and stroke issues I'm fighting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I had trouble with a S model last year and I think that you'll have better results changing to a standard model than with changing grips. I need to install a larger grip with my standard model, but it feels much better regardless.

How can you overlook new tech?

If you're really good with something current/older, it can be difficult to break in something new.

This cool little thing came in today...
5cc615089f1a224925894b6054a3f98a.jpg

Although I’m (jokingly) unsure of which putter I have...
3f03b3bc971c572770d7d59ef511677b.jpg

Back