2019 Odyssey Use on Tour

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We sit down with Luke Williams from Odyssey Golf to talk about their tour usage with the new Stroke Lab and how 2019 has gone so far.

Cool video. I gotta admit that I sometimes forget about Odyssey putters. I might need to remedy that someday soon.

I find it interesting how Luke says this is the first year of the technology and sets them up for next year. I think both AI and Stroke Lab shafts will be incorporated with new upcoming products. Just wonder how much more the putter can change.

Could we ever see an Odyssey Putter with Stroke Lab and AI face?

Absolutely one of the best guys in the business. It is great to see Stoke Lab dominating the tours. Fuffle i would bet that is a good guess sir why not?

The Stroke Lab putters do seem to be in a lot of winners hands this year. I think it is one of the best tech stories of the year in golf. It definitely made a difference with my putting.

The success speaks for itself. The tech works. Really cool to see how well it's translating.

I cant wait to see where they take Stroke Lab and putter design in general. The face and the balance of the putters now is so good, topping will be interesting to see.

It's great that Odyssey has two very visible tech features now, with stroke lab and the ever obvious white insert.

Luke was great in sharing their 'position' so to speak on tour play.

The story behind the tech was mind blowing, and even better when I saw my putting improve so much, and it's been great seeing the impact on the tours too.

Not sure how they can improve on this, but very excited to see what they have in store for everyone.

I honestly don’t see how anyone can play a non-Stroke Lab putter. The technology works. Not having SL just means you have an inferior product in your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Toulon Las Vegas with Stroke Lab. Embraced the new tech and really wanted to like it. But unfortunately it’s just not as consistent for me as the steel shaft. I just don’t like the weight, feel or balance of SL.

tequila4kapp;n8875857 said:
I honestly don’t see how anyone can play a non-Stroke Lab putter. The technology works. Not having SL just means you have an inferior product in your hands.

Cost is a huge factor for me. Hard to justify a $400 putter when I'm putting pretty good with a $100 one.

tequila4kapp;n8875857 said:

If you prefer a heavier putter or more balance in the head of the club then non SL is your best bet. Other than that, using SL is a no brainer

I remember seeing two different Titleist players with Stroke Lab putters in their bags today at the BMW Championship. I didn’t do a total count but there were a ton of Stroke Labs in play today.

Great video and love hearing how quick the tour is adopting stroke lab. Only thing missing in that video was Luke verbally disemboweling someone.

Back