2019 OGIO Golf Bags

Alez367;n8893891 said:
I dont understand if people are so happy with the silencer bag, why such a hurry to replace it with another bag?

Mine is pretty beat up....so I want a nice new one! That's my excuse.

BTW, surely you won't be buying any more golf clubs right? Nothing wrong with the ones you have now......and good thing steel last for years! lol....

DNice26;n8893904 said:

BTW, surely you won't be buying any more golf clubs right? Nothing wrong with the ones you have now......and good thing steel last for years! lol....

This is one of the funniest/best responses I have ever seen.

DNice26;n8893904 said:

but i'm willing to buy another model of product if i decide to get something new whereas it seems people wont purchase another bag because they're waiting for the next release to drop whenever that will be. Just my .02 though.

Alez367;n8893917 said:
but i'm willing to buy another model of product if i decide to get something new whereas it seems people wont purchase another bag because they're waiting for the next release to drop whenever that will be. Just my .02 though.

Personally, I'd happily buy another bag if I liked one as much as the silencer and the tech it brings to the table. Sadly, there is no other bag tech that scratches that itch for me. I have other golf bags (Ping hoofer and TaylorMade stand bag), I just prefer the silencer tech.
I'm going to assume your generalized posts here about "people" are not directed toward me, although you quoted my post.

DNice26;n8893946 said:
Personally, I'd happily buy another bag if I liked one as much as the silencer and the tech it brings to the table. Sadly, there is no other bag tech that scratches that itch for me. I have other golf bags (Ping hoofer and TaylorMade stand bag), I just prefer the silencer tech.
I'm going to assume your generalized posts here about "people" are not directed toward me, although you quoted my post.

Correct. Not aimed at you at all just referenced your post as it had the silencer mentioned in it. I’m surprised another company has tried to take on that market for a bag like it. But that’s for another thread.

Alez367;n8893956 said:
Correct. Not aimed at you at all just referenced your post as it had the silencer mentioned in it. I’m surprised another company has tried to take on that market for a bag like it. But that’s for another thread.

I'm astonished as well.....seems like a reasonably legit tech so to speak to try and copy or improve on. I'm VERY picky about the condition of my clubs because I tend to sell them fairly quickly if I don't get on with them, so ROI on the resale is important to me.
And of course having iron covers is well.....ya know.....not what the cool kids do.

Alez367;n8893956 said:

I would a) want to see the sales numbers on the silencer, b) what the margins were on that bag

I am guessing that the answer to both are smaller than what you would expect. Usually companies stop making products because they don't make enough money on that product to justify producing it anymore. Like Ford getting out of most of their sedan business because they weren't selling enough of them or the margins on what they did sell weren't high enough.

Part of that is I think their might be higher than acceptable failure on the clips leading to replacement/QC issues. Just a guess on my part but I would guess that is why they have stopped making them for at least a bit as they try to find something that is cheaper and/or works better.

mancest;n8894021 said:
I would a) want to see the sales numbers on the silencer, b) what the margins were on that bag

I am guessing that the answer to both are smaller than what you would expect. Usually companies stop making products because they don't make enough money on that product to justify producing it anymore. Like Ford getting out of most of their sedan business because they weren't selling enough of them or the margins on what they did sell weren't high enough.

Part of that is I think their might be higher than acceptable failure on the clips leading to replacement/QC issues. Just a guess on my part but I would guess that is why they have stopped making them for at least a bit as they try to find something that is cheaper and/or works better.

given the materials used in the RTC alpha line up and shadow fuse, it makes me wonder if the next possible generation of "silencer" model bags would be same material or something more rigid.

Alez367;n8894038 said:
given the materials used in the RTC alpha line up and shadow fuse, it makes me wonder if the next possible generation of "silencer" model bags would be same material or something more rigid.

Given the price of the Alpha line, adding in the silencer on each divider is going to make that what, a $400 bag? More? I just don't see moving a lot of units in that range, but I could be way off.

mancest;n8894049 said:
Given the price of the Alpha line, adding in the silencer on each divider is going to make that what, a $400 bag? More? I just don't see moving a lot of units in that range, but I could be way off.

gees didn't even think about possible numbers yet of what it would cost to incorporate the silencer tech.

Alez367;n8894058 said:
gees didn't even think about possible numbers yet of what it would cost to incorporate the silencer tech.

yup, and then you have a probably 9-10 lb bag. Again, these are just my guesses as to why a new model hasn't been released. They want it to meet their standards for an Ogio product, but put it out at a price that will sell units and be profitable.

The 2018 Silencer is still available at Budget Golf.

Bumping this thread to see if everyone that picked up a RTC bag is still enamored with it. I read that some people complained about the cart strap sleeve is not lining up with a cart strap and in some carts, the bottom doesn’t fit in the cart.

Bumping this thread to see if everyone that picked up a RTC bag is still enamored with it. I read that some people complained about the cart strap sleeve is not lining up with a cart strap and in some carts, the bottom doesn’t fit in the cart.

Maybe on a push cart there’s some issues but in riding a cart, there’s been no issues especially once you tuck away the strap.

I bought one a few months ago and love it. The bottom fits well enough, and the cart strap sleeve does cause the strap to bend back out towards the latch. I resolved that issue on the drivers side by not passing the strap though the left sleeve. When on the passenger side, I just angle the bag face a bit towards the center of the cart. It’s basically a non issue for me. I love this bag, and the MOD pouch is my favorite feature of any golf bag ever.

I bought one a few months ago and love it. The bottom fits well enough, and the cart strap sleeve does cause the strap to bend back out towards the latch. I resolved that issue on the drivers side by not passing the strap though the left sleeve. When on the passenger side, I just angle the bag face a bit towards the center of the cart. It’s basically a non issue for me. I love this bag, and the MOD pouch is my favorite feature of any golf bag ever.
Thanks for you insights @Alez367 and @BigDill - Now I just have to pull the trigger......

Last edited:

No issues like this for me, my only complaints are a) the rain hood and b) wish it had the sleeve for alignment sticks like Callaway bags have. But both are very minor. Have only needed the hood once, on a push cart this alignment is better but on a riding cart it is awful. And for all the other organization the lack of a sleeve for the alignment sticks would be putting gravy on a great bag.

Back