2019 PING G410 Drivers

Nope. That is the single weight. The 410 only has one place to screw the weight in at the center position. Now you could go Savage style (animal style is soooo played out) by adding another weight in the fade side, heel side or all 3.

oh man, you're exactly right. stupid observation by me. the weight is much longer side-to-side than i'm used to seeing. picture deleted lol

Nope. That is the single weight. The 410 only has one place to screw the weight in at the center position. Now you could go Savage style (animal style is soooo played out) by adding another weight in the fade side, heel side or all 3.

Another less elegant option with the G410 weight track is to add some lead tape to the surface of the track in between the Fade, Neutral, or Draw holes. If you use several regular weights and/or lead tape in the track area, you should be able to fine-tune the G410 just about any way you want. The way the track is designed, it lends itself to using lead tape in spots that can contribute to MOI, fade/draw adjustments, and protecting the tape from abrasion.

I know we're talking about the track above, but had a lesson yesterday - and my guy had the Epic Flash and Ping 410+ shafted up with TPT 14.5 Shafts. That model is beyond my skill level --- but he said a strong player had come in earlier and was getting 176 in ballspeed from the Epic .... 180 from the Ping. Surprised me. But it's just one example that says - "get fit."

I also saw the Tour Model of the Flash Subzero -- there was no line behind the face from heel to toe - very attractive head.

Demoed the 410 today with Alta Red reg flex shaft. One word: WOW!! Such a forgiving, long and nice sounding driver. No way it is in my budget, but it was a beast for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Another less elegant option with the G410 weight track is to add some lead tape to the surface of the track in between the Fade, Neutral, or Draw holes. If you use several regular weights and/or lead tape in the track area, you should be able to fine-tune the G410 just about any way you want. The way the track is designed, it lends itself to using lead tape in spots that can contribute to MOI, fade/draw adjustments, and protecting the tape from abrasion.

Since it takes very little to change swing weight, you could probably find an allen-head bolt to screw in to either or both of the open ports. I don't know the thread size, but I'm sure Ping would even supply extra screws that are used on the weight and they can be be threaded in. If anything, just to fill up the holes. Of course lead tape always works, but it just looks awful.

Since it takes very little to change swing weight, you could probably find an allen-head bolt to screw in to either or both of the open ports. I don't know the thread size, but I'm sure Ping would even supply extra screws that are used on the weight and they can be be threaded in. If anything, just to fill up the holes. Of course lead tape always works, but it just looks awful.

I wouldn't start with lead tape since there are fixed spots to screw in weights, but if you want to place some weight in between the fixed holes in the G410 track to fine-tune shot shape, then lead tape in the track is functional and does not mess up the look of the bottom of the club head.

Of course you wouldn’t jam lead tape in to the screw holes - just acquiring the screws themselves to add weight would be the way to go. Otherwise the tape can just get added somewhere to the sole or in the track adjacent to the ports if someone preferred a cleaner look.

Of course you wouldn’t jam lead tape in to the screw holes - just acquiring the screws themselves to add weight would be the way to go. Otherwise the tape can just get added somewhere to the sole or in the track adjacent to the ports if someone preferred a cleaner look.

Exactly! I was mentioning the lead tape in the track because some people have been criticizing the G410 for not including a full sliding weight in the back like Callaway and others have done. Ping clearly wanted to allow shot-shape adjustment without reducing MOI. If the fixed weight positions don't work perfectly for a player, lead tape can be hidden in the area between weight ports for more fine tuning.

Took the g410 SFT demo to the course today.
Front 9 was trash as I was taking divots with driver which is not ideal.
Much better on the back. Once I got it going I felt like I hit it well and found a decent amount of fairways on back. Distance eyeballed (and 0 roll and L take of wind) seemed on par if not longer than my g400, but the did an amazing job improving the sound as it was solid and addicting.

Took the g410 SFT demo to the course today.
Front 9 was trash as I was taking divots with driver which is not ideal.
Much better on the back. Once I got it going I felt like I hit it well and found a decent amount of fairways on back. Distance eyeballed (and 0 roll and L take of wind) seemed on par if not longer than my g400, but the did an amazing job improving the sound as it was solid and addicting.

And the top of the head too!!!

So proud of you, Michael.

I can confirm the need to loft up with the G410 Plus driver. I'm a slow swinger (86 mph SS) and the Plus felt like the G400 LST. Once I added 1.5* of loft to the Plus, I got the launch I was looking for.

I’ve been demoing the 410 12* with Alta red R flex. Swing speed on my little blue radar says 92-94 mph with it. Just wasn’t seeing the results I wanted. Like write it off bad.

Since the fitting place got more shaft options in, I tried it with the Tour 65R today and it woke it up. Much better ball flight (actually higher than the Alta) and more consistent. The sound and feel seemed better too. Ended up with weight neutral and +1*/Flat lie setting.

Next trip I’m trying the Orange Tensei R and Evenflow Black 5.5.

Back on the ponder list.

That Ping Tour 65 R is a great shaft. I had the same results as you when I got a fitting from the Ping Tour Van.

Hit the G410 plus today with the Alta 65 S shaft. Hated it. I don't know exactly why other than feel. It felt really heavy and hard compared to my 400Max. Numbers were good but not better, and there is no way I'll consider it until the LST comes out.

Demoed the 410 today with Alta Red reg flex shaft. One word: WOW!! Such a forgiving, long and nice sounding driver. No way it is in my budget, but it was a beast for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I had a similar experience as well. Was at Club Champion and demoed the 410 plus. Wow is the perfect word. Spin rate dropped and my club head speed jumped up to 110+ regularly over the 106-109 SS with the M6/PXG/TS2/Flash. Pretty surprised it was THAT good.

Plus it was with a $200 up charge shaft. Like you said, its out of my price range but I think with those kind of numbers, I might just have to pony up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you guys compare to the 400 Max?
Which is more forgiving?

Thanks!

So the only advantage is the movable weight?

Hotter face, better sound, longer.

I popped the weight into the draw position and it was a revelation for me today. The ball flight was so predictable I knew where ever drive was going. I was all about the flash when it came out but I think this is going to be staying in the driver slot.

Gotta get fitted soon...we’ll see what happens between the Max and the 410. I’m more concerned with the forgiveness.

I certainly loved the G400 Max but hate the sounds that come out of it especially when hit on the screws, it literally sounds like a gun shot. The 410 sounds so much better for sure so I concur with Jourdan.

Welp, looks like I’m trying something new today. Wasn’t planning on switching out of the TS2 and was going to keep trying to make it work but the numbers (on multiple separate days) were way too good to pass.

410 plus with Atmos Black TS 7x getting me crazy good spin/launch numbers. The biggest standout was clubhead speed. Compared to TS2, Epic Flash, M6, and PXG, my speed jumped about 3-4mph with this club. Pretty nuts.

b51f1df833b51682275757c98619889f.jpg

Went in for my driver fitting and the Ping G410 in 9 degree tour shaft came up the winner. I am coming from a Ping G and this club just seemed to let me go after the ball harder and was super forgiving so this is the club that is getting ordered. I just didn’t get along with the Cobra or the Epic Flash as I was hitting them off the heel, and then he handed me the Ping and it was flushed so we went from there and it’s real good!

Back