2019 PING G410 Drivers

I am a huge fan of this driver. As someone who typically struggles off the tee, it's been a revelation. Long and straight (except for the occasional big pull). I love the launch I get out of this driver paired with the EvenFlow Black. Don't wait on the the possibility of the MAX, get this thing in the bag now!

Well the Bay got me last night, even though i am in the process of breaking in a Cobra F9 Driver, i have had my eye on the G410. Had a watch on a Ping G410 with Tensi Orange at 359.00, well at 10:00 last night i took a chance, and got it at 359.00 was a bit shocked, and yes having some buyers remorse this morning, but still excited.

Today I was...underwhelmed by the 410 plus.

Not a great sound, I like the look, but it was just kinda so so. Not the immediate standout the Max was for me.

Today I was...underwhelmed by the 410 plus.

Not a great sound, I like the look, but it was just kinda so so. Not the immediate standout the Max was for me.

I think it sounds phenomenal, but I went back to the max for performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it sounds phenomenal, but I went back to the max for performance

We sir, have very different definitions of “phenomenal” lol

Phenomenal is not how I would rate it. Step backwards from g400 is putting nicely.

I hit the 410 lst up against the M5 and the performance and sound lost by wide margin in both categories. I was a bit surprised because of all the good things I have heard.

Kinda hoping for a 410Max with higher loft offerings. Would love to try it against my PXG Gen2 XF 14*

Phenomenal is not how I would rate it. Step backwards from g400 is putting nicely.

I just put a G400 in the bag and love it. I was really interested in the 410+ but sounds like I should just stick with the 400

I thought the 410 LST felt and sounded incredible. I’m gaming an M6 mostly because I tried my buddies and it performed great for me.

I used the G400 SFT reg Alta all of last year and it was great driver as far as dispersion and distance...I now have the G410 SFT with stiff Alta and I gotta say, the Ping G drivers wanna go straight...think the stiff fits me better as distance seems to be abit better...but more than anything, these G400 and 410 drivers wanna go straight and very easy to hit...easier to hit and get airborne when comparing to my previous driver Epic SZ...the Epic SZ maybe a tad longer but a lot harder to get airborne.

Well got my first hits with the G410 Plus, and well it's a very good driver, but not sure yet if it's leaps and bounds better than my cobra F9 right now, but i think if i had time and a LM i am sure i could get the right settings to beat out the F9. Sound is a solid crack, not sure the negative feedback there, ball flight is strong, and the flat setting has my name written all over it.

Been pondering a G410 Plus or SFT for a few weeks. Not a need right now, but after watching a buddy hit his the other day it's got me thinking and that is not a good thing.

Hoping the Golftec next door to work gets finished remodeling soon and I can give one a try.

Yesterday was my initial outing with the 410 and it went very well. Never would have even tried it if it wasn't for someone canceling out on Ping demo days at my local course. On two holes I had my personal best distance's but what really stands out was the accuracy on a club I used for the first time. The flat settings really tamed my draw into a manageable flight path and the Tensei Orange seems like it was made for me.

It was a sad day retiring my gamer from a manufacture that I've used for 5 years but I was so confident with the 410 plus after demo days I knew it would eventually be in the bag. When my local Golf Mart had a Labor Day promo of trade in plus 50%. it was just too much temptation for me to resist...

I've hit the 410 plus twice now on a monitor and wow I really like it. finally hit the LST yesterday too and loved it also... I worked at golf store last year and hated the 400. I didnt expect to find any success when hitting the 410 but its soooooo good! I had a lot better and consistent strikes with the plus vs the LST. most of that I think was the shaft...but I was able to keep the plus consistently in the 2300 - 2800 backspin range. The LST I hit some crazy long ones with sub 2000 spin but I know that's not desirable and could get ugly.

There were some really good options in the pre-owned section for $100 off that im very tempted to grab....but realizing its mid September im hesitant to buy anything until next year. I could really see myself gaming this over my current driver

Went and tested the LST model with a few different shafts, the tour65 in stiff worked quite well. They didn't have an extra stiff which I'd be interested in trying out as well. It's maybe a couple yards longer than the G400 LST that I've been pondering as well. Either way I'll be getting one of them over this winter!

I tested out the Epic Flash Sub Zero as well and it was 10-12 yards shorter than the G410, which I found quite interesting. Tried 3 shafts in that one as well to try and make it work, but it just didn't groove for me.

IMG_2419.jpg

I played my first round with the G410 driver yesterday, and all I can say is WOW! I purchased the 12.0* model, adjusting it to 11.0*/flat lie, and aside from a couple of OTT pull hooks, I couldn't miss the fairway with it!

I now have a 9* lst head & a Diamana zf on the way for it. It will have the starting position in the bag for 2020 unless the something else catches my eye over winter

I wanted to get a new driver early this year and never did. Tried several and liked the G410 plus but I was swinging poorly at the fitting and just gave up. Considered the LST but the open face doesn't fit me. Didn't like it at address. Ended up getting G410plus with the alta CB in stiff. First time out and it was a day with a hard consistent wind from one direction. I set the 9 degree driver up a degree because I was afraid of having it low and didn't bring the tool to adjust mid round. In the past, I have hit my 10.5 degree driver on the low side. End result was I was hitting the ball really high and on a windy day, that wasn't a good thing.

Regardless, I hit 8 drives. One I pulled so bad it went OB. The other 7 were perfectly straight. I have never hit 7 drives perfectly straight before. By the last hole, it was almost laughable that I could just aim and swing. Need to dial the height way down and even with the height, the distance wasn't bad. Kind of funny:
1: 240 yards total, side wind. Fairway.
2. Duck hook OB.
3. 240 yards total, into wind. Fairway.
4. 250 yards total, into wind. Left rough barely.
5. 320 yards total, with wind downhill. Fairway. Probably the second longest drive I have had in my life with massive help. Reached a 570 yard par 5 in 2 and I have never been close before.
6. 230 yards total, into wind. Fairway.
7. 240 yards total, into wind. Fairway.
8. 270 yards total, with wind. Left rough barely.

Overall, it was one of my best driving days ever. . . . with the driver noticeably in the wrong settings. . . . and a shaft that may or may not fit me. I kind of question the fitting process because my results on course were nothing like what I got on trackman to the point where it discouraged me from buying it. Will be fun playing around with it over the winter. I feel like I can really go after this club and not have to worry about it.

I wish I had got the G400max last year because the difference in forgiveness is more noticeable than I thought possible. I was watching where I was contacting it and had a few toe-ey shots that went totally straight with no noticeable loss in distance.

I know this isn’t the most popular driver on this forum but all I can say is it’s been a godsend for me. The percentage of fairways I hit with the G410 plus is by far the best in my lifetime.The forgiveness talk about Ping drivers is for real (y)
It’s a great driver and I loved the sound and feel of it. Glad it’s working for you!

I hit the G400 Max. I haven't hit the 410. The 400 felt like a shoe box on a stick. How does this compare? From what I understand, the 400Max might be a little more forgiving, but the 410 is longer?

Been loving my G410. I’m gonna adjust it down a bit. Got the 10.5 and despite personal best drives I’m really launching it very high.

I hit the G400 Max. I haven't hit the 410. The 400 felt like a shoe box on a stick. How does this compare? From what I understand, the 400Max might be a little more forgiving, but the 410 is longer?

surprised you didn’t like the sound of the G400. That one was highly regarded for its sound and feel.

Back