LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

New guy here, following along for all 178 pages, all day long, for 3 days straight. I enjoyed all the photos, the information, the banter and most of all, how much effort went into setting up an event like this. Callaway, THP, the Hideaway and a cast of dozens making everything happen. Very cool! and well done!

I can say that the longest I was away during the day was 3 hours and I played hell catching back up, because new pages were being added, as fast I could digest the ones in arrears I was reading. :)

One suggestion, from the FNG here... I really appreciated the folks that posted pictures of people and identified them. The ones with no ID information.... most of the time, I had no idea who it was. I can't be the only one that doesn't know, who is who, in the zoo. ;)

It is 7:40 pm Central Time, I have 30 pages of updates to go through, and the first unread post is the opening tee-shot this morning!!!

Lets get this evening started!!! No Spoilers Please!

I had so much fun this week. The adventure is coming to an end. I am confident in our teams ability to come together as a squad and rep the event. I know that my guys all did their very best to make the most out if the event. I am so proud to have been a member of this team.

These guys are my brothers. We went to battle and I think we won. It wasn't the belt we sought, but i have 12 friends that I'd do anything for that i didn't have 6 months ago. Top that off with the zoo crew. These guys are amazing. The generosity is unrivaled. I'm claiming Luke Williams as my honorary brother from another mother.

I have some digesting to do and I'll have some more "profound" takes that aren't typed on my phone. I hope you guys had a good follow. I hope you realize how much your support meant to us. My Grandaddy journey is coming to a close in some regard. In a few months, yours may be just starting. I'll be here for you. I will keep in any way I can.

Dude. You get it. This makes me so happy. I love reading people’s thoughts after this trip, and yours are well written, and express so many of the feelings I had. Enjoy the rest of the ride.

Such a great job, you all killed it. Enjoy that bus ride back. Each year, for a few days, following this thread brings me right back there. I’m actually starting to get post event blues for you all, lol.

I have some digesting to do and I'll have some more "profound" takes that aren't typed on my phone. I hope you guys had a good follow. I hope you realize how much your support meant to us. My Grandaddy journey is coming to a close in some regard. In a few months, yours may be just starting. I'll be here for you. I will keep in any way I can.
"In some regard". You are a part of a fraternity now. The journey only truly ends if you let it.

Today on a par 5 with second shot about 254 in the rough, I used my 17* super hybrid and carried it into the green for a 15 foot eagle putt.

hit one drive yesterday on the screws that went 325 yards. That’s when I knew the driver is no joke.
The Super hybrid is legit....looks like it may be more legit in your hands than mine, but still legit!

There are 2 things BigSky does not do.... wear hats and talk... going to be an interesting listen.

He might be the one person that talks less than I do.

These guys are my brothers. We went to battle and I think we won. It wasn't the belt we sought, but i have 12 friends that I'd do anything for that i didn't have 6 months ago.

Well said, Radiman... That's what THP is all about!!!

There are 2 things BigSky does not do.... wear hats and talk... going to be an interesting listen.

Oh come on now. @mancest says I talk a lot. You're right about the hats though.

Thought it was fitting that I held a small ceremony to lay my current bag to rest.

You served me well in your time. Now you're off to a better place. Just kidding, you're being put in the furnace room.

View attachment 8916946

Sorry, when I first read this I saw " you'll be put in the furnace soon".

"In some regard". You are a part of a fraternity now. The journey only truly ends if you let it.
“Some regard” ? From the outside it would seem to be a real fraternity! Heck I think until this last year or this it was more exclusive than being a Masters Champ. There has been only 53 of them! I think I’m correct in remembering the Grandaddy participants have not always been 12. 8, then 10, then 12.
You guys are in a effing pretty exclusive club. I’d call it a fraternity for sure ?

It’s amazing that all of this only cost these guys an Albatross Club membership. ?

Think about that.

If you haven’t joined you, you’re missing out. Shout out to @JB & @GolferGal for access to such a great cause that opens up the door for trips like this.

“Some regard” ? From the outside it would seem to be a real fraternity! Heck I think until this last year or this it was more exclusive than being a Masters Champ. There has been only 53 of them! I think I’m correct in remembering the Grandaddy participants have not always been 12. 8, then 10, then 12.
You guys are in a effing pretty exclusive club. I’d call it a fraternity for sure ?
It’s a pretty cool thing to be a part of. Best part? In 2020 more will join it!

This group killed it, the perfect attitude, and the right mentality.

This years thread relit a spark for me in a lot of ways as it goes with this event.

Back