LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

I know some of the equipment can not be talked about in detail yet but for those that got the 2020 driver can you talk about the sound, feel, foregivness and distance

there is a lot to unpack with this new driver and woods line so it’s tough to dance around it. I will say Callaway built this one to damn near perfection for me and imo many others. It’s not a “fix” to EF bc the new driver it is it’s own beast with new tech, but based on some comments when EF came out I think a lot of people will be happy with the new line.

This is waiting for me at home, not bad

1575664663100.jpeg

Probably the 278th post thanking this team, this community’s leadership and Callaway for allowing us to experience this insanity through your lenses. It was brilliantly executed, and the team approached the event in a very special way.

Look forward to the thoughts on the upcoming gear, the tech story, and how that translates to your games. Great job again!

there is a lot to unpack with this new driver and woods line so it’s tough to dance around it. I will say Callaway built this one to damn near perfection for me and imo many others. It’s not a “fix” to EF bc the new driver it is it’s own beast with new tech, but based on some comments when EF came out I think a lot of people will be happy with the new line.

That is great to hear. Can’t wait until the embargo is lifted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting here in DFW head still spinning from this amazing experience! Huge thanks to @JasonFinleyCG and all the Callaway ZooCrew for welcoming us to the Grandaddy family and truly rolling out the red carpet.

Big shoutout to @JB for all he does and to @McLovin and @mikeg_74 for leading us though this event!

The MVP was a total surprise and an amazing end to the week for me. I hope I represented THP well and made all of you guys proud.

I have competition day recap videos taken but I’m having trouble getting them loaded up at the moment. I’ll have them posted later tonight.

Thanks to all of THP for following along and cheering us on!

I spoke too soon...Comp Day 1 loaded up!

Sitting here in DFW head still spinning from this amazing experience! Huge thanks to @JasonFinleyCG and all the Callaway ZooCrew for welcoming us to the Grandaddy family and truly rolling out the red carpet.

Big shoutout to @JB for all he does and to @McLovin and @mikeg_74 for leading us though this event!

The MVP was a total surprise and an amazing end to the week for me. I hope I represented THP well and made all of you guys proud.

I have competition day recap videos taken but I’m having trouble getting them loaded up at the moment. I’ll have them posted later tonight.

Thanks to all of THP for following along and cheering us on!

#SizzleGonnaSizzle

Freakin Finley.

his golf game is very good. when he misses he almost always misses in the right spot. and when it matters, he rises to the occasion. you can tell he thrives on competition. that’s not my thing, i honestly just wanted to experience those courses and enjoy my time with him and the zoo crew. mission accomplished, and i will remember my time fondly.

his golf game is very good. when he misses he almost always misses in the right spot. and when it matters, he rises to the occasion. you can tell he thrives on competition. that’s not my thing, i honestly just wanted to experience those courses and enjoy my time with him and the zoo crew. mission accomplished, and i will remember my time fondly.

That last part is all that matters and that it was achieved in spades.

Wise man
I would wear a Grandaddy defeat like a badge of honor, since you know, it would mean I got to experience the awesomeness

far be it from me to tell anyone how to experience this amazing event; it’s up to each participant to control how they walk their journey. but i’ll say this: if you hang your satisfaction and positivity on whether you win or how you play, you’re putting yourself in a tough spot. victory is possible, but not without its challenges. while you cannot control your opponent, you can absolutely control your attitude and perspective. our team did not win, but we had the times of our lives. i wouldn’t trade that for anything.

I know some of the equipment can not be talked about in detail yet but for those that got the 2020 driver can you talk about the sound, feel, foregivness and distance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All subjective of course, but it’s the best sounding/feeling callaway driver since xr16 in my opinion.

@JasonFinleyCG

There is a rumor going around that you purposely doubled bogied the Par 3 12th so you could hang the 8&6 on @JDax for all eternity. Care to comment?

true story: i asked him if he had any interest in conceding a longish putt to me to keep the 8&6 legend intact. his answer was short and direct: “nope.” so i made the putt. and breathed a deep sigh of relief.

Last edited:
Delayed also. Not too bad though. Pro move, slide a tile tracker in your club bag. Currently we are in the same city. Let’s hope it follows me to the next.

Back