LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Delayed also. Not too bad though. Pro move, slide a tile tracker in your club bag. Currently we are in the same city. Let’s hope it follows me to the next.

Whats your range? Mine is only like something up to 500 feet

@McLovin - I am really sorry that you are spending the day walking in my shoes from last year.

you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister! :)

the hard truth is my game went the wrong direction all year. @JB had a front row seat to it when we played before the event. i just didn’t have enough time to play as many rounds as were needed to adjust the handicap properly. i put in a lot of work, and saw great stuff in practice that never showed up on the course. not before or during the event. the good news is i have a bag of custom fit clubs that i will put to a lot of use and get back to where i hope to be. and a week of memories to keep my smiling for the rest of my days.

My mind is blown every year by this event. I'm insanely happy for everyone who takes part in this - and makes it so much fun for us to follow along.

and we were insanely happy to learn of its return! so, who wants to get in?

The snow ramp I'm the gallery? They had snow made and had a sledding hill for the kids on Thanksgiving.
Would it have been frowned upon to make use of it?

I’m still thinking about @radiman pulling driving iron on the horserace.......

1575668463066.gif

Got the first leg out of the way and in Houston. Next stop Wichita KS and then another 1 1/2 hour drive home. Will be happy to be in my own bed tonight but would rather be playing another round of golf. ?. Maybe tomorrow if the weather allows.

Just love your spirit. Live it up McLovin.

i’m in an airplane, going the wrong direction because california is farther away by the second. i have tears in my eyes reading your words.

i love this site, forum and community. so much. i’ve seen what it does for people. forming bonds of brotherhood. giving perspective when it is needed most. and changing lives for the better.

i am so happy that the passion our team has, and the deep appreciation and gratitude we all feel to be blessed with this experience, translated for all following along. with everything we are, we thank you and the entire community for your support.

far be it from me to tell anyone how to experience this amazing event; it’s up to each participant to control how they walk their journey. but i’ll say this: if you hang your satisfaction and positivity on whether you win or how you play, you’re putting yourself in a tough spot. victory is possible, but not without its challenges. while you cannot control your opponent, you can absolutely control your attitude and perspective. our team did not win, but we had the times of our lives. i wouldn’t trade that for anything.

I've said this type of thing a bunch of times since coming back.

Until you've experienced it, it is *really* hard to understand the role the competition part plays in the event. After you've been there, you realize how little it matters.

That said, I would give almost anything to have another crack at the Callaway folks. :devilish:

dont skim, its worth the full read
Honestly I've been through all 191 pages this week, and I saw that it was back, I was curious about the hunt for a captain or team, sorry for the confusion, in the end it's great news that this event is back.

But did I miss something about selection for 2020?

Well done man!

What’s your opinion of what the most difficult part of the hideaway is? Each course separately...

in my opinion, neither course is particularly unfair. the dye wasn’t as challenging off the tee as i expected. if you hit a bad drive, yes you’re going to be punished as it is somewhat tight off the fairway. but the fairways are still generous. the rough doesn’t look bad, but it is very sticky and tough to get through. the fairway bunkers can be tough. so i guess i would say neither is a scrambler’s course; both reward straight and consistent. the greens are tricky with subtle breaks, but not overly fast. if you can keep the ball in front of you, you can score.

in my opinion, neither course is particularly unfair. the dye wasn’t as challenging off the tee as i expected. if you hit a bad drive, yes you’re going to be punished as it is somewhat tight off the fairway. but the fairways are still generous. the rough doesn’t look bad, but it is very sticky and tough to get through. the fairway bunkers can be tough. so i guess i would say neither is a scrambler’s course; both reward straight and consistent. the greens are tricky with subtle breaks, but not overly fast. if you can keep the ball in front of you, you can score.

I remember a photo revealing 5 tee boxes. Which set did you all play ?

Okay, Team THP, what was your best shot of the last 2 days?

i’m terrible remembering hole numbers, but i think it was 18 on the clive. it’s a super long hole, with an elevated green that has trouble everywhere. i had a sidehill lie with the ball below my feet. i has 5w from like 220 adjusted and hit a high cut onto the green for a birdie look inside 20’. it was phenomenal by my standards.

I've said this type of thing a bunch of times since coming back.

Until you've experienced it, it is *really* hard to understand the role the competition part plays in the event. After you've been there, you realize how little it matters.

That said, I would give almost anything to have another crack at the Callaway folks. :devilish:
I definitely got lost in the moment in Wednesday’s round. Weather was awful, new sticks, and couldn’t find a groove. I was a bit mad for sure. @mikeg_74 did what Mike G does and out his arm around me when he saw I was visibly upset and really helped me calm down and gain perspective. Took a breath, realized where and why I was there.
Had an awesome night after that witnessing @EthanatorCG ‘s Mexican Restaurant food and drink extravaganza - dude, where does it go???

yesterday was one of the best days I’ve ever had golfing. The Grandaddy is the freaking best.

i’m in an airplane, going the wrong direction because california is farther away by the second. i have tears in my eyes reading your words.

i love this site, forum and community. so much. i’ve seen what it does for people. forming bonds of brotherhood. giving perspective when it is needed most. and changing lives for the better.

i am so happy that the passion our team has, and the deep appreciation and gratitude we all feel to be blessed with this experience, translated for all following along. with everything we are, we thank you and the entire community for your support.

Look, you put up with me for almost 9 months, so those are tears of joy getting rid of me and my emotional attachment to this event.

You killed it dude. You did it your way, with your style and everyone bought into it. From the beginning I told you this is your team and I’m here to make sure you get to experience this event like a participant and not have the “captain” duties take away from your “participant” experience.

I hate the word deserve, but you deserve to be proud of what this team accomplished.

Back