LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

I can't recall how many times I've said "The coolest thing about this is..." in this thread, but I'll add another one. The coolest thing about this is that knowing its coming back next year, and knowing that even if you aren't one of the lucky few selected, that you still get to live it out vicariously through those that are. Without the updates and involvement from each and every participant this year, my week would have been trash. So while you thank us for the support, let us thank you for a glimpse into what makes THP, Callaway, The Grandaddy and golf in general so special.

Sorry if this was asked already but for the guys that got epic forged irons what shafts did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have played one or two dye courses, and to me this one was not as mean as dye can be.

Thats good to hear. He’s got a short-ish par 4 dogleg right here at Old Hickory where if you miss the fairway right, there is no rough, only railroad ties that launch your ball OB.

The Hideaway is such a beautiful setting - I was hoping there wasn’t any of that sort of trickery. Sounds like there wasn’t. Too cool.

Modus 105s in mine

Nice. Did you hit them with the stock steel fibers? Curious how you thought those shafts compared to each other?

Nice. Did you hit them with the stock steel fibers? Curious how you thought those shafts compared to each other?

Ha - I am very anti steel fiber so probably not the person to ask. I hit them once and I was definitely not a fan. Think recoil 95 would be a MUCH better stock option.

Sorry if this was asked already but for the guys that got epic forged irons what shafts did you go with?

The Epic Forged were “sub” clubs for the 2020 irons that were out of stock, but I really loved them. I went with the Catalyst 60 5.5 shafts. Super smooth.

Ha - I am very anti steel fiber so probably not the person to ask. I hit them once and I was definitely not a fan. Think recoil 95 would be a MUCH better stock option.
Recoil 95 is money

Thank you. I am loving my EF irons and was just curious how heavier shafts reacted with for flight and distance

I think I’m the only one who ended up the steel fibers. The first few swings, they felt a little different to me than the Elevate 95s I was playing, BUT I adjusted pretty quickly and hit some great 8 and 9 irons, launching them quite high. I saw better spin numbers with this combo than I did with my Apex/Elevate set, and those demos had not even been weakened like my final set had.

Thank you for the replies guys. Glad to see the EF getting some love.

Excited to see what the 2020 irons are. If they are as good as the rougue pros were then they will be a home run

Love the flight with the modus - we did bend 3* for launch and spin conditions, but even at standard I had great flight. 7 was going too far tho.

That makes me think of another question. When you bent them weak how do you feel it effected your turf interaction? 3 degrees would change the bounce a decent amount I would think?

That makes me think of another question. When you bent them weak how do you feel it effected your turf interaction? 3 degrees would change the bounce a decent amount I would think?

Didn’t have any issues with turf interaction - quite liked them! Will for sure do some comparisons with my combo set in that regard.

You’re a good man, Radi. ?
Thanks brother. If there was one thing I'd change about the experience at all would be wishing I could play with all of you guys. That last 18 was a blast playing with you man.

The eyelids are getting mighty heavy now. I was rolling the #10 on the carpet next to my Spider X. #10 was hands down the better performer and feel for me.

I am glad that one is out and something I can dive right into and start discussing. Same with the wedges and Epic Forged.

Landed in Connecticut safely with clubs intact. So many emotions today. Really sad it’s all over but also can’t wait to see my wife and little guy.

It’s been such a high for 4 straight days and the buildup has been almost 7 months that it’s gonna take a while to come down out of the clouds. Although this cold weather isn’t helping much!

The gear reviews are coming for the pieces that are already released. For the items that aren’t, we will certainly be ready when the embargo lifts in the new year.

ummmm......ME!!

one of my favorite things leading up to the event was when someone would say “wow that sounds amazing. how did you get in?” and my answer would be “i just said i wanted to get in.” that’s honestly not much of an oversimplification, and one of the most special things about the event is that it can happen for any albatross club member!

there’s a guy standing next to me waiting to be picked up from the airport. he has an epic forged hat on. a callaway golf bag full of callaway clubs. and i’m just standing here leaning on my ogio travel bag full of PRE RELEASE gear i can’t tell him about! do you know how hard that is??? i could blow that guys mind right now. just grandaddy things...

"In some regard". You are a part of a fraternity now. The journey only truly ends if you let it.
I heart you and this message, Frank, so it needed bumped.

It’s amazing that all of this only cost these guys an Albatross Club membership. ?

Think about that.

If you haven’t joined you, you’re missing out. Shout out to @JB & @GolferGal for access to such a great cause that opens up the door for trips like this.
It's unreal, isn't it?!

Just left the guys and just want to drop a note and say thank you to this team. What a great group of guys this is and they did this week right. Their way, but the THP way.

Wonderful time, with some fantastic THPers and they are all smiles. What a week and so glad we are going to do it all again.
So grateful for all of it and every time it comes back, it feels like a miracle with a side of making the impossible possible.

@Snickerdog was letting it all hang loose tonight after getting back to the hotel. Yes, his tshirt is tucked into his sweatpants. This guy is one of my favorite people. Exuding optimism and dairy at every turn!

View attachment 8917804
LOL. I think I'm still looking forward to teeing it up with Snicks on Sunday! :LOL:

ladies and gentlemen, my tank is officially empty. the last 4 days have been the best golf experience of my life. i have so much to tell you about. pictures of the swag callaway gave us. pictures of my hideaway haul. pictures from the courses. pictures of TWO more gifts my team gave me this evening. a recap of the views behind the woodshed where @JasonFinleyCG took me in our singles match. and the gear, my goodness the GEAR.

tomorrow will begin the gathering of my thoughts. i have an early wake up call and a long day of travel. my parting thought tonight is that there is no finer group of men and women who care so much about each other and our community as callaway golf. we were treated like royalty. their mission was to treat us like kings. there is no way to say thank you that can adequately express the gratitude our team feels. we cannot wait to tell the world about the 2020 lineup. it’s SO good.
Well done, man! ? We are stoked to hear all about it.

Back