LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

I'm all in on family time today and running errands. I'll sit down tonight once the kids settle and type out some thoughts. And by some thoughts, it probably means a novel.

oh yeah I remember that shot! I hit my 5 iron from about 215 and over turned it bc I was nervous about the water. I knew I didn’t have much green to work with on the 3rd shot so I opened the face to flop high to land softly. I credit the help to the jaws wedge and the ball ;)

that putt was perfect.

it was a hard fought And fun battle between @TylerSheanCG and me. I was 2 up at one point and it’s been up and down. I loved watching Tyler hit the ball, that guy can smash it. I tried to keep up with him and the new driver definitely helped me ??
That's a match I would have loved to been a fly on the wall for! Enjoyed tracking with you this year.

Lol, twisting the knife. We tried hard. That counts for something right? Thanks for the amazing week, to you and your entire team. I'll be comparing everything else going forward to this experience.

I regret to inform you that you’ll now be somewhat “broken“ for the rest of your golfing life

B87ECD0A-900D-49FC-B1AC-DB60FF9B496B.jpeg
My pro shop items I picked up. They didn’t have blue or red 1/4 zips I was hoping for, but had this incredible Foot Joy white and gray pullover. A couple of polos, mugs, a hat, and a Dye Course coin.

Also, was unpacking and found out that I brought some of the actual Hideaway home with me. ?

5899FB74-78BB-4068-8711-16150D51560E.jpeg

We are under embargo, we have alternate headcovers to use until it is lifted, and we have to use our discretion. We are allowed to play them, but will be careful of exposure.

This is one thing we may not have covered enough. So, to be a buzzkill for a moment.....

Remember back to my video talking about next year. As long as you guys don't........well, info or PICTURES getting out are definitely a part of that potential. We have a launch plan and cadence we are planning and working against so be cognizant of that, please respect that and please think about that and what you are doing. Things like leaving clubs at a bag drop, etc are very risky and could screw it all up......

This is one thing we may not have covered enough. So, to be a buzzkill for a moment.....

Remember back to my video talking about next year. As long as you guys don't........well, info or PICTURES getting out are definitely a part of that potential. We have a launch plan and cadence we are planning and working against so be cognizant of that, please respect that and please think about that and what you are doing. Things like leaving clubs at a bag drop, etc are very risky and could screw it all up......
Not a buzzkill - we are all on the same page and understand how important it is!

season’s over here, but will always be aware when I have them out!

Watching the hero championship as Henrik Stenson is now being referred to as Clark “the terminator” Griswold by the announcing team. Pretty surreal after a week of being out there and staring at brand new bag of clubs with the same name on it. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

@jeffneubarth holiday commercial/tour truck skin opportunity right there

So, is it weird that I've had a golf club in my hand nearly all day? Man, I need to find a way to hit some balls very soon! Screen golf looks to be my only outlet for now.

Was just doing some post event laundry. Kind of just sunk in on how high end the apparel we got really is. Those Travis Mathew pullovers and polos may be the nicest fitting golf clothes I own now. And, not to mention, the Callaway pullover is ridiculously comfortable. And, with the seam construction, could be the most freely moving pullover I own. I hate layering because of the restriction. There will be more of these purchased. Oh, and the Cuater shoes!! I am going to take my time and write up some organized thoughts on those and post them in the appropriate thread. They were super impressive.

Participants, please use this thread for your reviews and thoughts on the Cuater footwear.

The one nice part about living where I do. I know for a fact that no one will snag a picture of my clubs out on the course right now :)

Participants, please use this thread for your reviews and thoughts on the Cuater footwear.

Speak of the devil! Thanks for posting that.

And participants, please use this for Callaway Apparel.

And participants, please use this one for Travis Mathew apparel reviews.

Year after year, I get drawn back to a thread where you don't get to see any of the new gear.

Why?

The competition, that camaraderie, and getting to follow along from afar but still feel like you are a part of something!

It’s something that’s taken for granted, but fitting day is/was huge for these guys. That’s arguably imo when the nerves or anticipation are pretty high and can wreak havoc on swings. Each year I noticed guys struggling on fitting day because nerves didn’t allow them to have their best swing so they spent a lot of time trying to find their swing at the detriment of getting fit. This costs the guys valuable time and it was one thing I guarded them against prior to the event. I told them you cannot get to fitting day trying to find a swing. You’ll get frustrated, lose time, but most importantly you’ll settle on equipment bc the fitter has to fit to what they are seeing to help you play golf the next two days.

I’m beyond happy to report all 12 of the guys had amazing fitting sessions. There were some bad swings, but each guy brought their gameday swings and got fit for exactly what works for their games. No one settled, let me repeat that, No One Settled when it came to the equipment they have and that is huge for an event like this.

the best fitting I saw, and this isn’t taking away from anyone else, was the fitting for @NoShanks Bc he was dialed in pretty early and made the fitters job really easy. He was hitting it so good that the fitter moved him out of the pro model irons into the Apex MB’s.....Yes Apex MB’s! :oops::oops::oops:

I don’t think I had a bigger smile on my face than at the end of fitting day. All the guys got exactly what they wanted bc they brought their best swing that day & were rewarded for it

Haha thanks Mike, I appreciate it! I gave him a background of my game and what I was looking for in an iron and we started with Apex Pros and I enjoyed them, and we tried the MBs and the rest was history. He said my numbers with the 6 iron mb was perfect; smash factor, ball speed and spin numbers, distance etc. I was hitting it 190-195 on the dot in tight dispersion which is exactly what I was looking for. Distance and control predictability. We knocked them out pretty quick. I was happy that I was swinging well that day. More to come on the recap!

I've tried to catch up in here about 6 different times while on vacation here and failed, but I want to say thanks. All you guys killed it with the updates, pictures, videos, and responses during the happenings. Happy you all got an amazing experience and big props to Callaway, THP, and everyone else involved for making it happen. This thread is solid gold.

Just to immortalize it...

Apparently Sean Toulon is a prophet. Throwing that carrot out there knowing he would never have to pay that debt!

Amazing event with amazing companies, amazing location and most importantly amazing people!

1C2462A5-0DFC-44BB-8B6A-108A3A9E27B5.jpeg

been catching up family all day. this week was tough on my wife and kids. incredibly supportive, but still tough to be down a man on defense. and tonight is my office christmas party. i’m enjoying reading the teams feedback and recaps so far. i’ll take anything i can get to remind me of the perfection i just experienced.

Haha thanks Mike, I appreciate it! I gave him a background of my game and what I was looking for in an iron and we started with Apex Pros and I enjoyed them, and we tried the MBs and the rest was history. He said my numbers with the 6 iron mb was perfect; smash factor, ball speed and spin numbers, distance etc. I was hitting it 190-195 on the dot in tight dispersion which is exactly what I was looking for. Distance and control predictability. We knocked them out pretty quick. I was happy that I was swinging well that day. More to come on the recap!
I thought about stealing your bag after the round and just quitting that job. ? Those are so sick. Bag looks like a jewelry box. I play mp-18mb 5-pw from couple years back. Those you just got are something else. When I cleaned them, I could see my face in em. Pure little divots too. I should have asked to stripe one off those pure fairways. You’re match was so close, I forgot to. Just like you, I play them for predictability. Maybe some feel on mishits, but nobody wants to feel those anyways and pure shots feel good off any club, in my opinion.

Back