LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

honestly no, i don’t think so. maybe i would like to have started more convos with different zc guys. but i was too wrapped up in the convos with the ones i was talking to!

heck, i don’t even regret the texas sized hangover i had on wednesday. sure it affected how i felt, but i had so much fun going out that i don’t regret it at all.

Salsa and Send it?

heck, i don’t even regret the texas sized hangover i had on wednesday. sure it affected how i felt, but i had so much fun going out that i don’t regret it at all.
It was a necessary evil. And, a fate that was shared among a few of your teammates. The pre-nest is a thing now. Not that I would recommend it.

Salsa and Send it?

nope. that burrito was delicious. and honestly i don’t know what happened during the night, i’m just assuming it was a diabolical plan executed to perfection by @JasonFinleyCG

#AssCapRecap Part II

If you missed Part I, you can read it here https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...daddy-with-callaway-golf.8910385/post-9014723

I decided to not to recap each team member individually for several reasons:
1. We have been on this journey as a team, not individuals. While each of them have been on an individual journey, the collective is what made us special.

2. It's not fair IMO. They all had a hand in how this event was viewed, all hit good and bad golf shots, all were able to experience this in their own way. Each carried themselves well and represented THP better than I could have asked for. Each will provide their perspective on how things unfolded so there is not need for me to do a roll call.

3. Before we all left California, I let each one know how much I appreciated them and what they did for this event.

That being said, this is a special group. @McLovin had a vision and I told him from day one I had his back. Whatever he needed, however he needed it, I was there to help make it happen. @bigskyirish @JourdanInMich @radiman @tomcat @JMB3 @clarkgriswold @badolds @j_sizzle9 @zbeekner4 @NoShanks @Snickerdog all brought the best of themselves to the event. Each did it their own way, some with questionable food choices, but in the end, when we were all together that first day, it was like a reunion and not an awkward meet and greet. As you can imagine we had all kinds of personalities, Introverted, Extroverted and somewhere in between. Naturally some gravitated to others, but it didn't matter because we had each others back and vowed to not leave anyone out of conversations or feel left out. (Leaving @j_sizzle9 at the hotel doesn't count)

Each one of these men made sacrifices that will never been seen by the forum, but I greatly appreciate it. Before anyone rolls their eyes and thinks "yeah right, sacrifices to go on a week long golf trip for free" by that I mean @JB @McLovin and I asked a lot of them. We will continue to ask a lot of them as part of the post event commitments we have. Schedules were juggled, family events missed, newborns left at home with momma, they all made some sort of personal sacrifice to prep and participate for which I am forever grateful. I've said it before this event is different for each of us and just because I have the attachment I do, doesn't mean someone else will. @tequila4kapp said it best "The Grandaddy only ends if you let it" and that could not be a more truer statement. I don't know what will come in the months ahead. I don't know how many will hold this event in deep regard like I do a year from now. I do know there are 12 guys that will make this forum and Callaway proud with their post event responsibilities. I do know I have 12 names added to a list of guys I can call for anything life throws at me and I'm better for it.

So for now "Thank You" is all I've got. It's simple, but powerful. Thank you to this team for all that you've done, and all that you will continue to do. Thank you for the THP community who took the time to follow us for a few days. Your support means more than you know and it was felt all the way in California.

Now let me step aside so these guys can continue to take the THP community down memory lane with their recaps.

another unexpected post grandaddy moment

i went to the practice green this morning to work on pitching with my new jaws md5 60* in x grind. and i brought a ball. can’t say much more about this ball at the moment.

there was a guy giving another guy some instruction. so we are sharing the green. at one point the instructor walks up to the green to collect their balls. only he picks up one of mine. full on panic mode ensues.

i walk briskly over and politely inform him of his mistake, and request my ball back. he didn’t respond kindly, insisting he didn’t pick up my ball. normally i’d just let it go, but we can’t have what may or may not be a pre release item floating out in the wild. so he had to dump out his shag bag and we picked through to find my ball. it was awkward, but necessary!
I hope the instructor was more than humble after being shown that he was in the wrong... Good move on your part!

you are correct that i was playing erc and liked it a lot. you are also correct that i am now playing a different ball, and i like it a lot more!

i need more time to definitively answer how the ball I'm playing differs than anything else. and there’s also that pesky little embargo date that may be affecting my ability to wax eloquently about what i may or may not have in the bag.

i’ll just say this: for those who say tech is “maxed out,” you can keep your old tech. i’ll go ahead and blast it past you with my new sh1t.

How big a supply did they send you home with and do you think it will last long enough until you can procure more of them?

How big a supply did they send you home with and do you think it will last long enough until you can procure more of them?

we were given our pick of a ball, erc soft, 2019 grandaddy truvis, or ‘18 csxtt. and we were limited to 4 dozen. so i grabbed 2 dozen gd truvis, and 2 dozen of the ball. i don’t think i’ll put the gd truvis into play because i don’t want to lose them! i believe i have about a dozen, maybe 15 of the ball left. i hope it lasts as long as needs to. once i can buy more, i’ll be stocking up!

This will serve as my recap of the Grandaddy event. I will not go too deep but know more than anything this event means a lot to me, always has and always will. As I sit back and think about what we pull off at the end of it, I am proud but more than anything else, the three things that stand out the most to me are:

-Team THP – we had a great group of guys that came together as a group, represented this community (and themselves) very well and above all else were very appreciate and thankful for what they were able to experience. I look forward to reading the recaps and reviews as we move into the new year.

-The Hideaway crew – from Lehua the incredible Pro and her staff to our incredible hosts, they play a huge role in this and owe a lot to them. They open their (very) Private enclave to us and even Al opened his home to host the Tuesday night party. The team at Hideaway continues to allow us to come back for some reason and the members have really embraced what our vision for the event is and help to make it what it is today. Not sure many other private clubs anywhere in the world would allow something like this to happen.

-The Callaway crew – From top to bottom, we have a great crew. With a lot of new faces on our team and helping out, everyone has a piece of making this happen and come together, even many who do not get to be at the actual event itself. Penny is a huge part of this behind the scenes and a great help for me on the details no one wants to deal with. Please make sure to support her Penny Candle Company efforts. The travel team, fitters, cafeteria team, tour builders were all a huge help in making this possible. The Zoo Crew not only played well enough to get (another) dominating win but all were incredible hosts and ensured everyone else was having an incredible time along with them.

Personally for me, I am always really happy getting off the bus and heading home after a long couple days but as I move into the following days, bummed that it will be another year until we get to do it again. And, as has been mentioned from here on, we will be thinking about how we can make next years Grandaddy even better. So, I will be following along and looking forward to all feedback about what you liked, didn’t like and thought we could do to make it better.

Thanks to everyone who followed along and all the support of this great event!

The whole trip is amazing from start to finish. Not really time to fit a lot else in there.

I thought the horse race was a neat addition. Only suggestion I can come up with is to find a way to get the hosts involved in the afternoon competition. That could be fun.

we were given our pick of a ball, erc soft, 2019 grandaddy truvis, or ‘18 csxtt. and we were limited to 4 dozen. so i grabbed 2 dozen gd truvis, and 2 dozen of the ball. i don’t think i’ll put the gd truvis into play because i don’t want to lose them! i believe i have about a dozen, maybe 15 of the ball left. i hope it lasts as long as needs to. once i can buy more, i’ll be stocking up!

I also got 2 dozen GD Truvis and put them in play during singles. These balls flat out perform.

The new ball flies long, feels great and is easy to control!

For my other 2 dozen I went with 1 dozen each of csxtt and new ball.

I also got 2 dozen GD Truvis and put them in play during singles. These balls flat out perform.

The new ball flies long, feels great and is easy to control!

For my other 2 dozen I went with 1 dozen each of csxtt and new ball.

Looks like my resupply for 2020 will be put on hold until this new ball is available!!

I promise that I'll have some more recaps tonight. Apparently, I'm actually expected to work after this. I don't think they understand how amazing this trip really was.

In the meantime, I'll leave this as a teaser to Tuesday night and the Pre-Nest festivities.

View attachment 8918244

View attachment 8918245

that dance move is called the mvp shuffle. it’s all the rage with the 70 and up patrons at the nest.

Looks like my resupply for 2020 will be put on hold until this new ball is available!!

While we obviously can't give any details, I would definitely wait.

I got 2 dozen G Truvis balls like everyone else and 2 doz "balls of some sort" Unfortunately, I did not return with as many "balls of some sort" that I planned. But, I have a good few left. Then, the G Truvis. But, I don't know if I will ever play them for as silly as it sounds. I can't picture myself swinging freely with one of those puppies on the line.

This X1000. Well worth it. I witnessed many shots just stop on a dime on the greens last week.

I will play thru what I have left, and as soon as ordering starts I will order 4 dozen without hesitation.

Recap 3 Bus Ride/Al’s House

5773681E-E65E-4E96-A791-FFD867FD328D.jpeg

Off to the desert! Once we finished with tours, we loaded the bus for the 3 hour ride to the hotel. The bus ride was a blast and where we really got to build relationships with both our teammates and much of the Callaway team. Beers were flowing, snacks were being passed out, and the gifts just kept coming3CF357B1-68B0-4980-B902-C4440DEEA738.jpeg. @J_sizzle presented the whole bus with coozies just for the bus ride and t shirts for every member of team THP.

DF9221E3-70F5-406D-BDE2-52BF19697D1D.jpeg@McLovin was presented with his captains gift which was a framed print to commemorate the event from Good Boy Originals. Everyone also got a specially made copper ball marker from @mikeg and @JourdanInMich. Such a fun ride in preparation for the next few days of competition.

71CBFCA2-55E5-4CA8-BD9A-2AD6004F0D84.jpeg

Once we arrived at the hotel in the desert, we changed and got into our attire for Al’s. For THP that meant some wild Christmas shirt designs underneath our matching team navy blue cardigans with a granddaddy G logoed patch sewn on the pocket. They looked so classy!

8E515F23-3DF6-482B-91D6-719B4A1CA713.jpeg

Arriving to the hideaway at night is so unique cause we know the course is there but it disappears in the dark. But Al’s house is insane. Massive, beautiful, and perfect for hosting big parties. And you couldn’t ask for a better host. He greets each person at the door with a hug and welcomes you as if you’re an old friend.

DB6891CA-9441-4412-A127-16CBF7233B77.jpeg

The Italian food was delicious and my personal favorite was the Bolognese sauce. We got a chance to meet and talk with with our host members for the next 2 days who were thrilled to be there almost as much as us! Al, Danny, Lars, Renee and Kerry, and Stu were all so kind and welcoming. We shared some laughs and heard of stories of playing Pine Valley, Augusta, and some other very exclusive clubs....loved speaking with each of them and learning their backgrounds.

9AC19482-95BF-4979-B946-6F9659037982.jpeg
B2FA4487-7442-403B-AC45-E2E6897A68F1.jpeg
@j_sizzle9

The real fun started with the pairings, MC-ed by none other than Al himself. This guy is a riot. He introduced each one of his host members and entertained us with funny stories about them. Stu apparently has made 2 hole in ones...both coming less than a week apart and at the hideaway of course. Danny is a hideaway multiple time club Champion. Renee is the women’s club champion and I got to see her play on Wednesday and she is a baller! The stories were impressive and hysterical which led right into the pairings and are pictured below. I was paired with @tomcat who was the highest cap and getting a ton of pops which we thought would work well in our favor. (Which it kinda did)

2CEBFB5B-87C8-4C97-A99D-E9C25705DF3E.jpeg

A7A51225-ECE5-49F4-AEE6-DBF65CB2CF17.jpeg

We finished the evening with a few speeches from our captain @McLovin and the new format changes from @JasonFinleyCG. The horserace sounded fun when he explained it but I think most of us underestimated how much fun it would be the next day! A few more drinks and a couple laughs and we were back at the hotel. It was a special night and one I won’t soon forget. But we had competition to prepare for so most of us went to bed...most of us ?.

05CDC4D2-97CC-4FDF-B533-7E63D460D4D6.jpeg
@HeyPeteCG @radiman @McLovin

Now that you all have had a few days to look back on the adventure, I asked last years group and now will ask you guys: Anything you would have done differently AT the event?! Q&A's, fittings, team strategy, conversations, Nest fun, etc. Some of you have already snuck a few hints in some posts but always curious about this question after the event is over.
I know it sounds silly, but I didn't get enough pictures with the Callaway guys. It always seemed like time was going so fast, even on the bus rides both ways. I did make sure I took time to talk to as many of them as I could but would forget a pic.
Other than that, I have no regrets at all. I enjoyed my time to the fullest and smiles the whole time.

Recap 3 Bus Ride/Al’s House

View attachment 8918260

Off to the desert! Once we finished with tours, we loaded the bus for the 3 hour ride to the hotel. The bus ride was a blast and where we really got to build relationships with both our teammates and much of the Callaway team. Beers were flowing, snacks were being passed out, and the gifts just kept comingView attachment 8918261. @J_sizzle presented the whole bus with coozies just for the bus ride and t shirts for every member of team THP.

View attachment 8918259@McLovin was presented with his captains gift which was a framed print to commemorate the event from Good Boy Originals. Everyone also got a specially made copper ball marker from @mikeg and @JourdanInMich. Such a fun ride in preparation for the next few days of competition.

View attachment 8918262

Once we arrived at the hotel in the desert, we changed and got into our attire for Al’s. For THP that meant some wild Christmas shirt designs underneath our matching team navy blue cardigans with a granddaddy G logoed patch sewn on the pocket. They looked so classy!

View attachment 8918263

Arriving to the hideaway at night is so unique cause we know the course is there but it disappears in the dark. But Al’s house is insane. Massive, beautiful, and perfect for hosting big parties. And you couldn’t ask for a better host. He greets each person at the door with a hug and welcomes you as if you’re an old friend.

View attachment 8918264

The Italian food was delicious and my personal favorite was the Bolognese sauce. We got a chance to meet and talk with with our host members for the next 2 days who were thrilled to be there almost as much as us! Al, Danny, Lars, Renee and Kerry, and Stu were all so kind and welcoming. We shared some laughs and heard of stories of playing Pine Valley, Augusta, and some other very exclusive clubs....loved speaking with each of them and learning their backgrounds.

View attachment 8918265
View attachment 8918269
@j_sizzle9

The real fun started with the pairings, MC-ed by none other than Al himself. This guy is a riot. He introduced each one of his host members and entertained us with funny stories about them. Stu apparently has made 2 hole in ones...both coming less than a week apart and at the hideaway of course. Danny is a hideaway multiple time club Champion. Renee is the women’s club champion and I got to see her play on Wednesday and she is a baller! The stories were impressive and hysterical which led right into the pairings and are pictured below. I was paired with @tomcat who was the highest cap and getting a ton of pops which we thought would work well in our favor. (Which it kinda did)

View attachment 8918268

View attachment 8918266

We finished the evening with a few speeches from our captain @McLovin and the new format changes from @JasonFinleyCG. The horserace sounded fun when he explained it but I think most of us underestimated how much fun it would be the next day! A few more drinks and a couple laughs and we were back at the hotel. It was a special night and one I won’t soon forget. But we had competition to prepare for so most of us went to bed...most of us ?.

View attachment 8918267
@HeyPeteCG @radiman @McLovin
I knew I was in this picture somewhere, Lol.

1575930490999.png

Now that you all have had a few days to look back on the adventure, I asked last years group and now will ask you guys: Anything you would have done differently AT the event?! Q&A's, fittings, team strategy, conversations, Nest fun, etc. Some of you have already snuck a few hints in some posts but always curious about this question after the event is over.
Absolutely nothing. I heard the responses from alumni who answered this same question and basically took notes. Wish I would’ve played better, sure but I can’t say it’s something I could’ve done differently, if that makes sense. Loved every second while I was there. Wouldn’t change a thing ?

Back