LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Gosh, watching the Amex really makes me miss being in the desert.

Yep...I even played PGA West on Rory McIlroy on the Xbox just to simulate...

I don’t know why I am doing this to myself. Probably the snow again.......it’s literally down the street. So those Mountain Views are pretty much the same as we had. I have yet to see any chaco tacos though.

1579481946028.jpeg

I was just telling my father in law this exact same thing. It’s gorgeous on tv. Breathtaking in person.

I was just telling my father in law this exact same thing. It’s gorgeous on tv. Breathtaking in person.
Yeah such a great area. Let’s go back!!!

It’s unreal in person....just magical but that might be the vodka lemonades talking :oops:

Every day I take just a couple minutes to think back on the experience and where we golfed. Just amazing!!!!!

So for all the guys, what club out of your old bag are you going to miss the most, now that your bags have been overrun with Callaway goodies?

So for all the guys, what club out of your old bag are you going to miss the most, now that your bags have been overrun with Callaway goodies?

none, man. i say that in 100% honesty. i was always going to give these clubs a fair shake over the course of a year, but i wasn’t ready to part with my old bag that i loved. after the rounds in ca i knew there was no need to keep the old stuff. an opportunity presented itself pretty quickly and now i have nothing of the old brigade.

none, man. i say that in 100% honesty. i was always going to give these clubs a fair shake over the course of a year, but i wasn’t ready to part with my old bag that i loved. after the rounds in ca i knew there was no need to keep the old stuff. an opportunity presented itself pretty quickly and now i have nothing of the old brigade.
I would be surprised if anyone said anything to the contrary.. Getting fit by those pros with the latest & greatest.. You'd have to be insane not to be in love with your clubs!! No regrets!!

Honestly I don't think I will miss any of them. The fit has been good, I have managed probably 10 rounds since we got back and have hit everything without issues. \

I would be surprised if anyone said anything to the contrary.. Getting fit by those pros with the latest & greatest.. You'd have to be insane not to be in love with your clubs!! No regrets!!

Looking back at it, I should have phrased it better:

What club out of your old bag did you think you would miss, but definitely do not now, with the new Callaway goodies in your bag.

What club out of your old bag did you think you would miss, but definitely do not now, with the new Callaway goodies in your bag.
5 iron. We put a hybrid in its place and has worked out just fine.

I was just sitting there earlier, thinking, man, that course looks like trash compared..... :cool:

what club out of your old bag are you going to miss the most

Probably the most unsure about was just the transition from one length to progressive, since I played OL for two years. So far, I've not had any issues. No other "missed" clubs. :)

driver. i really loved my g400 max. but she gone!

Definitely my G410 and my Mullen 2 putter. Those were my best and most consistent clubs in 2019 and I thought I’d miss them. But the results speak for themselves. I didn’t know it was possible but I gained ball speed and a straighter ball flight with the new Mav SZ driver (might be shaft related also).

And transitioning to a SL putter with the graphite shaft felt totally different at first but has really improved my tempo and ultimately given me more consistent putts.

Any part of your bag that you’re especially needing to change in 2020?

driver. i really loved my g400 max. but she gone!
I think the confidence that would be inspired by having a full set fitted by the likes of the Callaway guys would override and thoughts of what "was" in my bag. Congrats @McLovin for having been involved and the updates along the way.

Definitely my G410 and my Mullen 2 putter. Those were my best and most consistent clubs in 2019 and I thought I’d miss them. But the results speak for themselves. I didn’t know it was possible but I gained ball speed and a straighter ball flight with the new Mav SZ driver (might be shaft related also).

And transitioning to a SL putter with the graphite shaft felt totally different at first but has really improved my tempo and ultimately given me more consistent putts.

Any part of your bag that you’re especially needing to change in 2020?

I thought you'd be pining for your old trusty hybrid.

Only club that I was head over heels about was my epic flash sz 3 wood. I liked my driver. I thought my irons were alright. My wedges were old and unmemorable. The Mavrik SZ 3 wood blew by my efsz without blinking in my testing.

So, the short answer is none of them :)

I thought you'd be pining for your old trusty hybrid.
That thing has been so good for so long but truthfully it struggled in 2019. I have no idea why but it was in my bag as ole reliable forever, so I was sorta happy to see it go!

That thing has been so good for so long but truthfully it struggled in 2019. I have no idea why but it was in my bag as ole reliable forever, so I was sorta happy to see it go!

That's fantastic. That was an awesome alternate tee club for you. Glad you got fit into something exponentially better

That's fantastic. That was an awesome alternate tee club for you. Glad you got fit into something exponentially better
even after the fitting, I was nervous about the hybrid cause I had that old one in my bag for 5 years. FIVE! Wasn’t sure if id get along with the new one....
Boy was I wrong

@McLovin @mikeg_74 @bigskyirish @JourdanInMich @radiman @zbeekner4 @clarkgriswold @Snickerdoodle @tomcat @badolds @JMB3 @NoShanks @j_sizzle9

If you had $300 to spend on Mavrik Fariway or Triple Track putter which would you buy? and if not asking too much, why?
I am not a triple track user. So, my choice would be the fairway wood. I am not discounting the tech or what it can do. It is just something I didn't gravitate to. Plus, the fairways are crazy good. If I were a triple track user, I probably would go with the putter.

Back