LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

my goal someday to play in this

Great stuff staying engaged still. Side not if I ever get to a grandaddy. All the ice cream sandwich talk sounds glorious. Even if ice cream doesn’t go well with me.

If you followed this thread during the event, or even after the fact, you know that a handful of us were fit for clubs that they didn't have in stock. I just wanted to say that since the conclusion of the event, Callaway has insured that we all had everything that we were fit into, and I believe that most all of us (if not all) still had the product in hand prior to the public release. Huge thanks to @TylerSheanCG and the entire crew at Callaway for all they've done! ?

If you followed this thread during the event, or even after the fact, you know that a handful of us were fit for clubs that they didn't have in stock. I just wanted to say that since the conclusion of the event, Callaway has insured that we all had everything that we were fit into, and I believe that most all of us (if not all) still had the product in hand prior to the public release. Huge thanks to @TylerSheanCG and the entire crew at Callaway for all they've done! ?
Just one of many reasons this event is perfection. The Callaway guys pull out all of the stops. Crazy what they are willing to do for a group of hackers!!

In case any of the new guys/gals are wanting to know about The Grandaddy, this is a good read to try to understand a bit about it all.

Yeah, I watched the 2019 recap live and re-watched the 2018 live update threads. This is beyond amazing, what the crew at Callaway do for the this community and how supportive, and giving the whole team is to THP. Always an amazing (and jealousy inducing!) ride to follow

In case any of the new guys/gals are wanting to know about The Grandaddy, this is a good read to try to understand a bit about it all.

I've been going through this thread again, as time allows. Exciting to read and see everything again, so I can't imagine what it's like when you do that!

One other point I'd make is the THPers also drive a lot of the fun with their updates. Having the right people willing to share their experiences with strangers online while giving their updates makes following the event so much more fun.

I can definitely sense their anticipation, excitement, and camaraderie throughout the weekend. The pictures and stories of the bus ride and the fitting are phenomenal to watch (even though often times they seem to be swinging shafts with no heads on them.... Callaway must have some truly advanced fitting gear!)

View attachment 8917121
Awesome night night hanging with the Callaway people!

View attachment 8917122
Swag on Swag on Swag!

Sean Toulon even made a promise that is Team THP wins we each get a Toulon Garage!

Amazing night with amazing people!

So bummed we didn’t bring the belt home and win that Toulon Garage! What a great experience! Looking forward to meeting the 2020 team!

So bummed we didn’t bring the belt home and win that Toulon Garage! What a great experience! Looking forward to meeting the 2020 team!

I completely missed the promise of a Toulon Garage for a win. They a formidable foe and many have tried and only 1 team has won. Cool offer tho!

I completely missed the promise of a Toulon Garage for a win. They a formidable foe and many have tried and only 1 team has won. Cool offer tho!

sean Toulon made the promise. apparently he likes to give lots of sh1t away for free haha

sean Toulon made the promise. apparently he likes to give lots of sh1t away for free haha
Lol, in all fairness, I don't think he was too concerned about having to follow through with that.

Although, I often think about the Garage Chicago that could have been! Team 2020 will have to be out for blood.

Lol, in all fairness, I don't think he was too concerned about having to follow through with that.

Although, I often think about the Garage Chicago that could have been! Team 2020 will have to be out for blood.

yeah it would have been cool. but I freaking LOVE my puTTer. no Toulon foms for me.

yeah it would have been cool. but I freaking LOVE my puTTer. no Toulon foms for me.
Really enjoying both of my puTTers, but need a Chicago in my life as well.

Really enjoying both of my puTTers, but need a Chicago in my life as well.
I don't think I'll ever be able to not at least have a milled option on hand. I do plan on trying out a SL Ten puTTer eventually. Honestly though, that bladey mallet you have has been growing on me.

I don't think I'll ever be able to not at least have a milled option on hand. I do plan on trying out a SL Ten puTTer eventually. Honestly though, that bladey mallet you have has been growing on me.
It will be hard to decide between the Ten and the Double Wide.

Did anyone test the Project X Hulk shaft while at ECPC?

Is that one that starts out as a regular flex and if the shanks show up, transforms into a x stiff?

Is that one that starts out as a regular flex and if the shanks show up, transforms into a x stiff?
I think so! Haha

I actually had one in play last year. Let me know if you have any questions on it.

I actually had one in play last year. Let me know if you have any questions on it.
Did you have it in the EFSZ? Are you seeing the same ball flights with your current shaft?

Did you have it in the EFSZ? Are you seeing the same ball flights with your current shaft?
I did have it in the EFSZ. I have only hit the new stuff indoors aside from the two rounds in December. But, the Ventus Red is like a polar opposite to the hzrdus green. The hulk has a super stiff tip and mid section. Ventus Red has a softer tip and is really designed to get the ball up in a hurry.

So, with that said, I'm hitting the Ventus Red high. Borderline too high. I'll really have to see how it performs outside. The hzrdus green was just tight and uniform. Could handle anything you could give it.

Back