LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

What a first day. I had expected some in depth info on the new clubs for 2020, but had no idea we’d get two hours of it. DNevs, Luke, and Finley did a great job of getting us really excited about hitting the new line in the morning.

The dinner at HQ was a great way to start things off, as it gave everyone a casual time to just move around the room and meet our hosts for the week. Looking forward to getting more time with them and hear their stories.

Barely able to keep the eyes open so we’ll see you in a few hours.

Staying awake is easy. Sleep is the hard part.
Lol. This is truth. I'm so frickin tired right now. But, don't know how in going to manage to sleep. I'm sitting here in ny hotel room making sure all my shirts fit. And I have to say, no matter how nice this travis Mathew apparel is, the Callaway branded 1/4 zip is probably my favorite.

I'm hanging on a thread right now. I have a fitting schedule bright and early tomorrow though. Bad travel be damned.

I truly wish I was more available today for you all. Truth be told, I made it just in time to find out that the golf ball will evolve this year. I unfortunately missed ther rest.

The good news is, I'll have a very good understanding of the new product come tomorrow. Given what I've seen (which isn't much) , it's extremely promising.

Wow, what a fast paced day as soon as I landed in SD!

the presentation by dnevs, Luke, and Finley was amazing and super engaging. I am very impressed with what’s to come and I cannot wait for you guys to learn about it!

Tonight has been amazing meeting the team in person and meeting the zoo crew at the HQ. I’m still processing all of it!

It’s time to try to get some sleep as I’ve been up for almost 24 hours! Tomorrow is fitting day!

my hand hurts from taking so many notes. and my brain bone is bruised from thinking too much.

if you thought what callaway did with ai in 2018/2019 was cool, just WAIT until you see what they achieved in 2019/2020. efficiency breeds productivity, and boy howdy did they produce some amazing things.

tonight was also a great reminder to avoid leaked pics. in hand, the entire lineup is so CLEAN. it will be fascinating to see what our guys get fit for.

we learned about golf balls. but we talked a good bit about process, and the evolution of renovation, progress and innovation. nothing callaway is implementing was affected by challenges faced in 2019. they were open about the issues, but quick to remind us that they have invested $50 million in their chicopee plant to bring it where they want it to be. they are the only oem implementing many qc processes that will benefit us all. but something big resonated with me: you don’t gain the market share callaway has by putting out a product that doesn’t perform. consumers wouldn’t buy it. infer from that what you will, but i heard the message clearly.

tomorrow is fittings and some more info. so stay tuned!

Uh, yup. I'm jealous!

Enjoy the ride

Safe to say this has been the single best golf experience in my life so far and we haven’t even swung a single club yet. We’ve held them, seen them from every angle, and wow. The breadth of of coming options is wild.

While we must be sparse with detail, what we’ve seen so far was quite impressive. Options, variations, more options, oh and then there is even options within the variations. Whats coming soon in the woods category has me most excited so far and can’t wait to share my feedback with you all after the fitting. Time to get some sleep if possible.

Just got caught up with everything

Looks as amazing as always and I can't wait to catch up on day 2 when I get the chance

WHY ARE THERE NO UPDATES RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!?! :mad:

Lousy timezones:cautious:

(Looks proper special as always, lads. Drink it all in...including the drinks.)(y)

Just ordered some candles from Penny - never met but just seems like the right thing to do.

you fellas are killing it - thanks

Sean Toulon just walked in and asked who the “chirper” was....everyone pointed to @Snickerdog.

Then he asked who Clark Griswold was and said that is f****** awesome!:LOL:
Sean is the man!

So happy you like it McLovin! Lot of Grandaddy love went into making it...Asst Cap Mike G was a massive help too!

I’ll make ya another if you whip @JasonFinleyCG’s ass too

Good luck boys, I’ll certainly be following along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yo AJ! The man with the best b-day around!!!!

We can provide details on 1/14/20, but we are armed with enough information to answer some questions and still stay true to embargo/NDA.

I will say this, they’ve taken A.I. to the next level across all woods and irons .
AI irons sounds like a game changer.

Awesome day 1 fellas, great gifts for our boys, off-the-chart swag, inside knowledge...soak it all in, you know your brothers at THP are...Enjoy!

my hand hurts from taking so many notes. and my brain bone is bruised from thinking too much.

if you thought what callaway did with ai in 2018/2019 was cool, just WAIT until you see what they achieved in 2019/2020. efficiency breeds productivity, and boy howdy did they produce some amazing things.

tonight was also a great reminder to avoid leaked pics. in hand, the entire lineup is so CLEAN. it will be fascinating to see what our guys get fit for.

we learned about golf balls. but we talked a good bit about process, and the evolution of renovation, progress and innovation. nothing callaway is implementing was affected by challenges faced in 2019. they were open about the issues, but quick to remind us that they have invested $50 million in their chicopee plant to bring it where they want it to be. they are the only oem implementing many qc processes that will benefit us all. but something big resonated with me: you don’t gain the market share callaway has by putting out a product that doesn’t perform. consumers wouldn’t buy it. infer from that what you will, but i heard the message clearly.

tomorrow is fittings and some more info. so stay tuned!

awesome post....cant wait to see what today brings with the fittings. i bet sleep is hard to come by!!!

soak it all in!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whoa, that was some heavy updating guys. Fantastic job day 1. Hope everyone is getting sooome rest- big day with fittings, bus rides and a Hideaway welcome party!

Love how good/at ease the team looks already. Have fun today gents!

So happy you like it McLovin! Lot of Grandaddy love went into making it...Asst Cap Mike G was a massive help too!

I’ll make ya another if you whip @JasonFinleyCG’s ass too

Good luck boys, I’ll certainly be following along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two years in a row with some awesome gifts! Thanks for the help AJ!!

Back