LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Where's all the east coast guys...I know there is no way your still sleeping haha
I've been up since 4am this morning, mostly due to work but got here early so I could sit in my car and catch up!

Okay, so I wasn't able to even look at this thread yesterday, but have now caught up with all 36+ pages (admit to some skimming). Everything is so overwhelming, and I'm just following, can't imagine what it's like to be there participating.

By the way, I'm in CA, and already at work, so let's get this started Team THP, it's not that early!

SpanishThoroughIbex-small.gif

Just caught up from last night 200+ posts
Brings back so many memories.
The Redacted Info Drop, the dinner at Callaway and the Scripted Swag.
Big day today, The fittings, the bus ride and Al's.

Great gifts for @McLovin and @mikeg_74 Just Killer!
Love the "G" hats.

Have fun Gents. Take it all in.

It’s The Grandaddy. No reason to sleep ?
I will second this! While at the event you don't really sleep. You are so pumped about what is happening, sleep falls by the wayside, lol.

Team THP - since a lot of you are up early, what are you most interested to learn during the fitting today? Any part of your bag you're especially not confident in fit and looking forward the fitters to dial you in on?

I am curious to see if they can tame my spin with the driver. I have a negative angle of attack that does not respond well to change. When I attempt to hit up on the ball my dispersion goes way off the chart. I had to go back to my stock shot for the Grandaddy to keep it near the fairway so I would love to see the fitters get me below 3000 rpm with my swing.

I’m the most curious what the boys wind up with fairway wood wise, and if some even put one in the bag. It’s a fickle club for most

I am curious to see if they can tame my spin with the driver. I have a negative angle of attack that does not respond well to change. When I attempt to hit up on the ball my dispersion goes way off the chart. I had to go back to my stock shot for the Grandaddy to keep it near the fairway so I would love to see the fitters get me below 3000 rpm with my swing.

I know some of our guys who were similar had success with the Sub Zero model. I’m pretty low spin overall and we didn’t even try it for me. I think I remember seeing some pretty big drops in spin. My guess is they’ll get you sorted out just fine.

I’m the most curious what the boys wind up with fairway wood wise, and if some even put one in the bag. It’s a fickle club for most

It’s funny you say that - it’s a club that was absolutely abysmal for me during the event, but that I’ve absolutely come to love once I settled in to it. That’s such a weird spot in the bag.

I'm interested to see what you guys end up with after the putter fitting compared to what you've been using or thought you might get fit in to.

The guys at Callaway are very excited about the 2020 fairway woods. I will check today to see what info I can share but this will be the hottest face they have ever put out. I will definately have a 3 wood!!

The excitement builds....Fitting day is awesome then the infamous bus ride which is in a class by itself...then dinner at Al's!!! What a day in store for you boys!
Just getting to know all of them last night at dinner and finding out just a little bit was amazing. Today should just be amazing

I love that G hat so much!!

Question for the Callaway folks:

Any chance someday we'll see microelectronics and sensors in the golf clubs for data gathering to an app via Bluetooth? This is something I've thought about for the last 25 years. Like, grip pressure sensors or accelerometer in club head for speed and g-force. Don't know if it's practical but at some point with nanotech, it might be able to be fit in at low mass.

Thoughts?

Don’t know but I know Callaway will do it first and best if it makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s funny you say that - it’s a club that was absolutely abysmal for me during the event, but that I’ve absolutely come to love once I settled in to it. That’s such a weird spot in the bag.

She’s fickle but also an awesome weapon when you learn how to hit them

Is there a way I can make one of those G hats fall of a truck and end up at someone's house? Asking for a friend...

Question for the Callaway folks:

Any chance someday we'll see microelectronics and sensors in the golf clubs for data gathering to an app via Bluetooth? This is something I've thought about for the last 25 years. Like, grip pressure sensors or accelerometer in club head for speed and g-force. Don't know if it's practical but at some point with nanotech, it might be able to be fit in at low mass.

Thoughts?

@DNevsCG - bumping this question, any input?

Where's all the east coast guys...I know there is no way your still sleeping haha

best I’ve slept in 4 months without being woken up by a hungry baby. LFG!!!!!

Looking foward to reading about everyones fitting process and what they get into. IMO its cool to read when someone goes through this type of fitting and come out learning something about their swing they had no clue about in the past. Not to mention equipment they probably didn't think they could be fit into.

Yes! Will follow as much as I can.

Interested to see if anyone makes an unexpected change through the process. They literally have access to the best expertise and latest greatest available. This is #1 the most interesting part of the GD to me. Access. ?

What are the odds on @Snickerdog putting the biggest mallet in his bag.....? :ROFLMAO:

Lookin’ good NoShanks

Back