LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Man... blown away and freaking crazy setup.

New Driver - 9* Ventus Black 70s
New 3+ - ventus blue 70s
New 5w - ventus blue 70s
4-PW - epic forged 4-P bent 3* weak - modus 105S
50-54 md5 s grind
58 md5 low bounce w
New double wide putter

New 3+ - ventus blue 70s
New 5w - ventus blue 70s
50-54 md5 s grind
58 md5 low bounce w
New double wide putter
Looks great!!

I think I've asked this in previous years, but I'm always curious, what is the one thing about the fitting process that surprised you for your results? Maybe it's a shaft you never thought of trying before, maybe a setting or spec that was out of the ordinary to you. Maybe it was a huge swing revelation, but what stood out to you personally the most after getting fit by some of the best in the world!

the super hybrid. being low launch and low spin i wouldn’t have thought it would work. but it worked perfectly for the gapping. never something i would have picked for myself.

When are signups for the Odyssey experience? I need in on that from the sounds of this.
This is the exact reason why I want in this event as well. Fitting from the great minds in the putting industry would be second to none! (y)

Here's a quick summary of my fitting:

Overall, my swing wasn't very good. I was fighting a heely fade, which isn't really my normal miss. But I sprinkled a few solid shots in and John was awesome. The morale of the story is that he had to do whatever possible to fight spin for me. Here is my new WITB:

New driver. Tour adapter so that I can loft it down to 7*.
New 3 wood - playing it at 13.5*
New hybrid - lofted down if possible.
New irons - 4-AW - lofted down 1*
54* Jaws bent to 53. S grind.
58* Jaws C grind
New putter

Curious if ball fitting is a part of this year's setup...

we talked about it, but it wasn’t a part of what we specifically discussed. he confirmed erc soft made sense for me.

My fitting results:
Driver- new ‘20 driver 10.5* Riptide 50g
FW - ‘20 offering in 3, 5, and 7 - Riptide 60g
Hybrid - ‘20 offering in 4, 5, and 6 - Catalyst 65
Irons - ‘20 offering 7i - AW - Catalyst 65
Wedges - mD5 52* 58* - S200
Putter - SL Black Ten

New 3+ - ventus blue 70s
New 5w - ventus blue 70s
50-54 md5 s grind
58 md5 low bounce w
New double wide putter
Why the 3* weak? For the gapping? :unsure:

Fittings were amazing. Everything about it. @badolds is an animal guys. Spent some time watching him put on a stripe show.

Great update so far you guys keep them common, just incredible, can’t wait for the 4th so we can actually see what you guys have. The new shoes really have some interest and all of the new Club Tech. Definitely need to get back somehow probably to the odyssey event I did not get a chance to go through the putter fitting when I was out there last year we are really behind in getting people to their stations. Looks like you guys are all getting the full A15 experience even in just one hour per area you’re getting a lot of information.

Just finished my fitting at Ecpc and it was the most awesome experience of my golfing life.
My fitter put me into the apex pro with Modus 120 shafts. They feel SO GOOD!! Jaws wedges in s grind and 58 x grind. Two super hybrids in 20 and 23 with the stock tensei orange. And I cannot tell you about the 3 wood that went 270 yards or the driver.

Wow, the fitting was so fun. Happy that my swing showed up after chunking a few and taking some steak sized divots. Ended up with all unreleased gear except for the new (3) Jaws wedges with S400 shafts and an X-forged 21 degree UT as a driving iron.

New 3+ - ventus blue 70s
New 5w - ventus blue 70s
50-54 md5 s grind
58 md5 low bounce w
New double wide putter

???(y)

My fitting results:
Driver- new ‘20 driver 10.5* Riptide 50g
FW - ‘20 offering in 3, 5, and 7 - Riptide 60g
Hybrid - ‘20 offering in 4, 5, and 6 - Catalyst 65
Irons - ‘20 offering 7i - AW - Catalyst 65
Wedges - mD5 52* 58* - S200
Putter - SL Black Ten

That's 15 clubs. :)

Just finished my fitting at Ecpc and it was the most awesome experience of my golfing life.
My fitter put me into the apex pro with Modus 120 shafts. They feel SO GOOD!! Jaws wedges in s grind and 58 x grind. Two super hybrids in 20 and 23 with the stock tensei orange. And I cannot tell you about the 3 wood that went 270 yards or the driver.
There is a Super Hybrid!!!

Here's a quick summary of my fitting:

Overall, my swing wasn't very good. I was fighting a heely fade, which isn't really my normal miss. But I sprinkled a few solid shots in and John was awesome. The morale of the story is that he had to do whatever possible to fight spin for me. Here is my new WITB:

New driver. Tour adapter so that I can loft it down to 7*.
New 3 wood - playing it at 13.5*
New hybrid - lofted down if possible.
New irons - 4-AW - lofted down 1*
54* Jaws bent to 53. S grind.
58* Jaws C grind
New putter
I fight spin like crazy too. What shafts did you end up with your irons? Or are they redacted as well?

image.jpg
Lunch at HQ

Wow, the fitting was so fun. Happy that my swing showed up after chunking a few and taking some steak sized divots. Ended up with all unreleased gear except for the new (3) Jaws wedges with S400 shafts and an X-forged 21 degree UT as a driving iron.
How crazy is that UT?! So good. Can’t wait to hear about the rest when we can!

Sounds like you were swinging well! Congrats - what an experience!

Back