LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

And here’s one of the Dye!

Outstanding, just bloody effing outstanding, not sure i've seen a more picturesque track, thanks for sharing!!

I would like to thank @badolds for giving me an early holiday present, which was the gift of humility. He throttled me (though he was a gentleman about it) and really golfed his ball. He was pounding the driver and absolutely CREAMED a three wood on hole 7. Even if I’d had my best stuff he likely would have taken me down. He was super steady all day. My hat is off Dan!

As I mentioned earlier, @zbeekner4 was impressive with his ice cream treat consumption, but also in his effort to keep pace with Tony T, who did not make it easy. I think he also hit the biggest drive I have ever seen on number 9. Stu, our member host, lives on that hole and he said he doesn’t see too many balls where @zbeekner4 put his drive.

A fun second day. Now to try to catch up on the forum and stave off the inevitable and unfortunate return to reality...

@EthanatorCG and Tony Toulon are both good golfers and great people. Tony is a silent assassin that will drop one on the pin and he can drain putts like you would not believe. Ethan sat next to me on the ride out to Palm Springs and I got to know him a little bit. We were partners in the horse race and did okay but it was not to be. Ethan is a good golfer but today was not his day and I can certainly relate to that. You would not be able to tell if he was shooting a 68 or 98 if you were playing with him, his attitude and love for golf and THP is a joy to be around. I hope that I am able to tee it up with Ethan or Tony again someday.

Big sky Irish is the first Grandaddy bus podcast guest.

View attachment 8917752

I just saw this. Somebody should have told me to sit up straight for **** sake. It looks both like I'm in my second trimester and that my chest caved in at the same time. Awesome.

Last edited:
Just the briefest of recaps for now:

Today was incredible. It was a blast getting to play the course in great weather and @StevenS_CG and I had a great match. I tried to battle back but came up just short. Overall, it was really even though - pretty sure we shot the same score. More importantly though, he was an absolute blast to play with.

The same was true of my fellow Domer @DNevsCG and my cart mate @JourdanInMich. The whole group - including our incredibly gracious host Danny (a phenomenal golfer) and our caddie Owen (an even better player than Danny) - was amazing. Just a great great day out on the course.

I'll have more on everything later, but just a huge thank you to everyone involved. For everyone at Callaway to take time out of their own extremely busy lives to make sure that 12 strangers have the trip of a lifetime says a lot about both the company and them as people. I truly appreciate it.

Any pictures of the Ogio travel cases?

I just saw this. Somebody should have told me tell me to sit up straight for **** sake. It looks both like I'm in my second trimester and that my chest caved in at the same time. Awesome.

Theres soooooooo much to find throughout THP!!!! I think if you give it a fair look and puruse around everywhere on it, youll find some amazing stuff.
Amen, literally stumbled upon this site while researching irons last March and found a helluva lot more, just a great community of like-minded individuals that love everything that golf has to offer.

ladies and gentlemen, my tank is officially empty. the last 4 days have been the best golf experience of my life. i have so much to tell you about. pictures of the swag callaway gave us. pictures of my hideaway haul. pictures from the courses. pictures of TWO more gifts my team gave me this evening. a recap of the views behind the woodshed where @JasonFinleyCG took me in our singles match. and the gear, my goodness the GEAR.

tomorrow will begin the gathering of my thoughts. i have an early wake up call and a long day of travel. my parting thought tonight is that there is no finer group of men and women who care so much about each other and our community as callaway golf. we were treated like royalty. their mission was to treat us like kings. there is no way to say thank you that can adequately express the gratitude our team feels. we cannot wait to tell the world about the 2020 lineup. it’s SO good.

ladies and gentlemen, my tank is officially empty. the last 4 days have been the best golf experience of my life. i have so much to tell you about. pictures of the swag callaway gave us. pictures of my hideaway haul. pictures from the courses. pictures of TWO more gifts my team gave me this evening. a recap of the views behind the woodshed where @JasonFinleyCG took me in our singles match. and the gear, my goodness the GEAR.

tomorrow will begin the gathering of my thoughts. i have an early wake up call and a long day of travel. my parting thought tonight is that there is no finer group of men and women who care so much about each other and our community as callaway golf. we were treated like royalty. their mission was to treat us like kings. there is no way to say thank you that can adequately express the gratitude our team feels. we cannot wait to tell the world about the 2020 lineup. it’s SO good.

outstanding job Cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Me and the man himself - AlDA113B79-5523-401D-81AA-E921482A60E9.jpeg
797DDD32-D336-45FF-BDC2-5BFBB277F35B.jpeg
@badolds
F673F583-3C3A-4147-94BC-DF7417E7C38A.jpegFA5508C7-1B26-41F7-9BE8-D62B998619FB.jpeg

Update: @zbeekner4 has eaten more ice cream treats today than I have made pars.

If you haven’t tried everything in the freezer at the comfort station, are you really even doing it right?
C7037D3C-1442-48BE-907C-67E4444975B6.jpeg

As always a great Event, unfortunately I was stuck in a copper mine all week and could not follow live but congratulations to the Zoo crew for another win and Team THP for having the time of their lives. Can't wait to see the new gear, I am sure there will be some in my bag in 2020.

Great job Capt Mclovin and Team THP.

The ride from from Callaway HQ was pretty jarring. This has been a really special week and I will do my best to put some words together to describe it in the coming days. I’m floored.

The Callaway people give a ****, they do not take our support lightly, and they are real. Every one of them. There were a lot of bugs just now.

That goodbye in the parking lot is kinda rough, but it really drives home how much the Callaway team really loves this event.
Made a trip yesterday morning and a second trip today. ?

we‘re gonna need some pictures there snicks.

On behalf of Callaway, it was a pleasure to host the THP crew these last few days. Yes we won..and Finley will bang on about the belt etc etc... but this was all about Golf being a connector of people, golfers, and what are now friends. This is a special event, and so happy for the THP team to enjoy the sunshine and beauty of palm springs and california in December (eventually after the rain!). I had a ball over both days. Played like an idiot on day one, but enjoyed every minute of it with @zbeekner4 and @tomcat. @radiman and @JMB3 saw a better performance.. but the winner was having a great day out playing golf with new friends. We are lucky this week to call this work...but its not. It's golf with great people. until next time.....

Ian! Such great words, and really more proof that the Callaway team loves this event, thanks for sharing your thoughts and for being a part of this.

Hey @JasonFinleyCG two things:

1: thanks for this event from all of The Grandaddy alumni and the rest of THP

2: you’re terrible at being a villain. ?

Just following the event for the last 2 years it seems like he is less villain and more assassin. Kind of like: I love ya, but I'm going to kill ya out on this course.

Finished reading through the end of the trip last night. I can't imagine how any of the teams feel returning to Carlsbad, dropping the Callaway guys off, then getting back to the hotel and knowing when you go to your room for the night it's over. Some kind of mess of every emotion a human can feel mixed with exhaustion. Safe travels everyone and I for one cannot wait to read your reviews and see more of the photos of the experience. Tomorrow and this weekend enjoy your family and rest!!!

Honestly can’t believe it’s over! I will definitely be going back through all 182 pages of The Grandaddy posts again.
Safe travels to all those traveling back!

Good morning THP!

Sitting in the lobby waiting for my ride. Feeling like a zombie right now.

@zbeekner4 Hey Zack - aren’t you starting a new job on Monday, from a new house, in a new part of the country? Good luck getting your head straight the next few days - great job this week!

Feeling blessed at the moment. Trying to think my way back through the week and the gravity of it all is kind of starting to sink in.

What I wouldn't give to extend this adventure even just a few more days.

Everyone find out what that "G" stands for? :unsure:

It’s been a blast following along the last few days. Thanks for all the updates. Safe travels, gents.

Back