2019 U.S. Amateur

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So its that time of the year where over 300+ Amateur golfers from around the world will converge on the famed golf courses of Pinehurst. The qualifying stroke play & match rounds will be played on both #2 and #4 Monday and Tuesday, with the top 64 advancing to match play beginning on Wednesday.

Will you be watching?

Yes, always enjoy this event!!!!!! Always interested to see which young gun will be the next big thing in the pros.

I've been following along a little bit. Brandon Wu from Stanford was the medalist in the stroke play and there was a 27 for 3 playoff this morning for the final match play spots.

Snickerdog;n8876866 said:
Yes, always enjoy this event!!!!!! Always interested to see which young gun will be the next big thing in the pros.

I can't wait for TV coverage to begin. I'm once again following along with Maxwell Moldovan who is in high school with my son. He just advanced to the round of 32 with a 3 and 2 victory over the 2016 US Mid Amateur champion.

I still kick myself for not taking advantage of playing any of the Pinehurst courses when I lived in NC.

bigskyirish;n8876871 said:
I've been following along a little bit. Brandon Wu from Stanford was the medalist in the stroke play and there was a 27 for 3 playoff this morning for the final match play spots.

Yeah that was fun to watch this morning...Cole Hammer missed out on the first playoff hole.

2 out of 4 Baylor golfers in the field made match play and drew each other in the round of 64. doh

Man these greens are really fast. It looks like a putt is great speed and it goes 7 feet by.

mmaynard11;n8876874 said:
I can't wait for TV coverage to begin. I'm once again following along with Maxwell Moldovan who is in high school with my son. He just advanced to the round of 32 with a 3 and 2 victory over the 2016 US Mid Amateur champion.

I still kick myself for not taking advantage of playing any of the Pinehurst courses when I lived in NC.

He looked really short next to the Mid Am guy.

ntanygd760;n8876983 said:
He looked really short next to the Mid Am guy.

Well he is 17 and short. I would have looked like a midget them.

That course though...

This course is so much better after the restoration.

First semifinal match was thru 10 while the second was still playing the 8th green. Holcomb needs to pick up the pace a bit.

Great matches today.

There had to be more pressure on today's matches with the Masters and U.S. open bids on the line for the finalists.

Great courses!

The golf course was the winner Saturday

Duffer Waldorf;n8879301 said:
First semifinal match was thru 10 while the second was still playing the 8th green. Holcomb needs to pick up the pace a bit.

He never sped up at all, even after being notified they were out of position. Hard to watch that twitchy routine of his.

mtcowdog;n8880159 said:
Watched Ogletree pull out a victory over Augenstein. Great golf on stunning courses.

He stuck with it after being down by a big margin early. That’s the thing with match play...your never out of it.

I wonder if mainstream golf media goes off on the USGA for setup if this was the US Open? I think it was fine but about as close to the line as you can get between hard and silly. My only complaint was I think they waited 15 minutes too long to stop play on Friday. The entire course was casual water

Back