2019 Ultimate Weekend of Golf with True Temper Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

formula8;n8902888 said:
Still trying to figure out my flight. Sunday departures out of JAX suck and all have layovers. Looking like United in and out of MCO is my best option.

yep, I am flying out at 6am Monday....

donny475;n8902891 said:
yep, I am flying out at 6am Monday....
I'm trying to avoid another extra hotel so that's why I'm leaning towards direct flights with good times at MCO. Other option is to fly in on Friday morning but I don't want to miss any practice rounds or be late to the event. I think I might just bite the bullet and do MCO. Hopefully someone wants to share a car or room.

formula8;n8902923 said:
I'm trying to avoid another extra hotel so that's why I'm leaning towards direct flights with good times at MCO. Other option is to fly in on Friday morning but I don't want to miss any practice rounds or be late to the event. I think I might just bite the bullet and do MCO. Hopefully someone wants to share a car or room.

If you look at DAB someone coming from MCO might be able to pick you up

Looks like I'll be driving. Would be interested in a friday afternoon round.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I'll be bringing a single iron, along with my wedges and woods, should anyone want to try it out...
bdc666bc0e176f540aacab56650d5c98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Vader;n8903033 said:
I'll be bringing a single iron, along with my wedges and woods, should anyone want to try it out...

That has a DG shaft in it right?

I definitely want to hit the big cat irons

Vader;n8903033 said:

Wouldn't it be awesome if TM sent a full set of the TW irons along with the 790's for TT to shaft up for this????

OITW;n8903038 said:
That has a DG shaft in it right?

I definitely want to hit the big cat irons
Yessir.

obedt;n8902650 said:
Just booked my flight and rental (mid size SUV). Need to get the fam set up.

I’m arriving at 7:02 Friday morning in MCO, and would drive back Sunday in the pm post event to pick up the fam. Mrkich is getting a ride back, and we should be able to fit one more.

MH and Stemmy (or anyone else) let me know if you need a ride from the airport to the resort.

It’s looking like I might not arrive until 2pm on Friday but may just look for another airline & come in Thursday night. Will book this week sometime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EnglishTurn;n8902935 said:
Looks like I'll be driving. Would be interested in a friday afternoon round.

Where u driving from?

JB;n8902286 said:
Being LH I would bring irons. I’m working to get some demo in LH but it might not be full sets in your instance. We will of course make sure that you get the set that is picked in full post event though.

Thanks JB! I will be bringing my bag. Just working on flights and logistics.

obedt;n8902633 said:
Haven’t had a chance to book yet, but it’s probable I’ll arrive just a little bit later. I’ll also prob be renting a small suv so can give a ride if needed.

I’ve booked a car also, wondering what time extra round on Friday will get going...
do you have a confirmed arrival time? Is later in the AM I may just head to Hammock to make tee time if guys play Friday. Let’s see how things unfold

obedt;n8902650 said:
Just booked my flight and rental (mid size SUV). Need to get the fam set up.

I’m arriving at 7:02 Friday morning in MCO, and would drive back Sunday in the pm post event to pick up the fam. Mrkich is getting a ride back, and we should be able to fit one more.

MH and Stemmy (or anyone else) let me know if you need a ride from the airport to the resort.

Sorry, didn’t see before I responded to initial post... yeah, let’s coordinate if you’re okay dragging me around ;))

Stemmy66;n8903156 said:
I’ve booked a car also, wondering what time extra round on Friday will get going...
do you have a confirmed arrival time? Is later in the AM I may just head to Hammock to make tee time if guys play Friday. Let’s see how things unfold

Our Extra Rounds started at 11:30am last year

We also needed time to check in to the resort and the Friday dinner was offsite (not sure if the dinner will be offsite this year)

Stemmy66;n8903158 said:
Sorry, didn’t see before I responded to initial post... yeah, let’s coordinate if you’re okay dragging me around ;))

Very cool; look forward to the company. And any good
JohnSinVA stories

Flight is booked. Will be arriving at MCO Thursday at 10:30 PM. Going to see if I can get a deal on car and hotel though work.

EnglishTurn;n8903133 said:
New Orleans. Only 9 hours

Lucky, if I was that close I would drive as well

Last edited:
Stemmy66;n8903188 said:
Oh, I have a lot of those ;))

Lies. All of them.

formula8;n8903183 said:
Flight is booked. Will be arriving at MCO Thursday at 10:30 PM. Going to see if I can get a deal on car and hotel though work.

Try calling the resort to get a rate. I was able to get two rooms last year for this event for much less than the online price. Not sure if it was a Florida resident rate, but worth the shot.

I'll have to fly to JAX late Thursday night. Got a cheap room by the airport and will rent a car in the morning. I would rather have the shanks for a month then fly into MCO.
If we play an extra round Friday morning will I need to bring my irons? I like the idea of flying out with just 4 clubs.

Vader;n8901343 said:
Also land around 7. In for room share. Will sleep wherever.

I land after midnight but will spoon with anyone for the right price.

depending how many people are playing the extra round on friday, i do have two sets of irons. you can’t turn a ho into a housewife haha. so if it’s just two foursomes, i could bring two sets (my gamers and the other set) for everyone to share. if that would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back