2019 Ultimate Weekend of Golf with True Temper Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

McLovin;n8904046 said:
depending how many people are playing the extra round on friday, i do have two sets of irons. you can’t turn a ho into a housewife haha. so if it’s just two foursomes, i could bring two sets (my gamers and the other set) for everyone to share. if that would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Chris, any course recommendations for Friday? Since we’re driving from different spots, closer to the resort would prob be best; not sure what works for you though.

obedt;n8904345 said:
Hey Chris, any course recommendations for Friday? Since we’re driving from different spots, closer to the resort would prob be best; not sure what works for you though.

it's not really my stomping ground. when we did the morgan cup last year, we played at lpga in daytona beach, that's about 45 minutes away. so the resort makes the most sense obviously. can be pricey, though.

Personally I would say a Friday round at or very near the resort would make the most sense. Hopefully @JB can get us a deal for a Friday practice round at the resort.

milehighgolfer;n8904002 said:
I land after midnight but will spoon with anyone for the right price.

6-pack of Coors original, right? :alien:

If I’m playing a practice round it will be at the resort.

I do understand if people want to play other courses for their Friday practice round though.

These are two outstanding courses, that I don’t mind playing the entire weekend. These courses definitely played a huge part in my decision to throw in for this event.

I believe the rate we payed last year was around $75 for the Friday practice round.

OITW;n8904429 said:
I believe the rate we payed last year was around $75 for the Friday practice round.

that is an INSANE rate for those courses at that time of year. iirc conservatory that time of year is $175, ocean is like $225.

McLovin;n8904434 said:
that is an INSANE rate for those courses at that time of year. iirc conservatory that time of year is $175, ocean is like $225.

Yeah @JB is the freaking man - I don’t care what they say about him lol

Guess what the Sunday afternoon replay rate for conservatory I got us?

Spoiler
lower than that

McLovin;n8904046 said:
depending how many people are playing the extra round on friday, i do have two sets of irons. you can’t turn a ho into a housewife haha. so if it’s just two foursomes, i could bring two sets (my gamers and the other set) for everyone to share. if that would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve learned my lesson playing out of someone else’s bag #KC720 #Mikeg #PKorf #golfinnut #johnsinva among others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OITW;n8904438 said:
Yeah @JB is the freaking man - I don’t care what they say about him lol

Guess what the Sunday afternoon replay rate for conservatory I got us?

Spoiler
lower than that

A porkins told me $30.... Love the Conservatory layout!

Regardless of venue, I’m in for Friday round

Stemmy66;n8904720 said:
I’ve learned my lesson playing out of someone else’s bag #KC720 #Mikeg #PKorf #golfinnut #johnsinva among others

Never play out of kc720 bag. Your wallet becomes collateral damage.

JohnSinVA;n8904395 said:
6-pack of Coors original, right? :alien:

Or a 40oz for you.

ok finalized my travel plans. Flying into MCO Thursday night arriving after 11pm. Staying at the Hyatt Regency at the Airport just for convenience. Flying out Sunday night out of MCO at 9pm. Flights out of NY to JAX weren't working for times and cost. Will rent a car or SUV for Friday to Sunday and drive Friday morning.
I am in for a round Friday if one is going to be set up.

1st post updated with travel plans.

1st post updated with participant change

I'll be driving down on Friday, so i'll probably sit out the pre-event round this year.

Hey guys, I'm a little late to the party here. Anyone looking to split a car friday? I did not book a flight yet. Would probably be flying into Orlando sometime friday.

OITW;n8905621 said:
1st post updated with travel plans.

Yes, i figured that was coming, Talked to MH the last couple of days and he is absolutely gutted to miss this event. We should keep him in our thoughts and really make sure we post and blow up the update and live feeds on this.

Thanks Donny, I hope u guys have blast. I will for sure be following along

flight book to orlando friday morning....if anyone is flying in that time we can split a car....let me know

another question i have is do we need to bring our clubs? i see a lot of you posting about bringing just your driver wedges and putter. do they supply irons for us?

TheHammer0711;n8906738 said:
flight book to orlando friday morning....if anyone is flying in that time we can split a car....let me know

another question i have is do we need to bring our clubs? i see a lot of you posting about bringing just your driver wedges and putter. do they supply irons for us?

Last year they had upwards of 30 shaft (All TT) head combos

Each participant is guaranteed a set of irons - which irons you get is dependent on where you draft.

The other thread (linked in the first post) has more in depth information in the first post

TheHammer0711;n8906738 said:

True, The First thread said do not bring irons because you will be testing and playing with Irons provided by True Temper......AND taking a set home with you . :banana::bananadance::banana::bananadance::banana:

donny475;n8906749 said:
True, The First thread said do not bring irons because you will be testing and playing with Irons provided by True Temper......AND taking a set home with you . :banana::bananadance::banana::bananadance::banana:

Ooooooh yeah. Gonna bring my 6 iron just to compare

yea, I thought I was going to compare them to my gamer irons last year, but once you see all the goodies lined up on the range you won't even look at the clubs you brought with you.

donny475;n8906749 said:

can't wait...thanks for the info

Back