2019 Ultimate Weekend of Golf with True Temper Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

usaf_giles;n8906764 said:
yea, I thought I was going to compare them to my gamer irons last year, but once you see all the goodies lined up on the range you won't even look at the clubs you brought with you.
Hmmm good point. I was going to bring my 7-iron to compare but I guess it's not really necessary. I know my numbers and probably don't want to waste any swings with my current set.

usaf_giles;n8906764 said:
yea, I thought I was going to compare them to my gamer irons last year, but once you see all the goodies lined up on the range you won't even look at the clubs you brought with you.
Did they have the project x lineup as well?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

EnglishTurn;n8906869 said:

Iirc there were some px sets. Think the lz at least were present

EnglishTurn;n8906869 said:

I don’t really remember a large px contingent, but it was such a blur thanks to having such a good time and copious fireball shots provided by the director of metal. They did have some px driver shafts there to swing (one of which I broke, I admit it, but it wasn’t all my fault, haha) but most of the iron shafts were from the TT line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
so what reps are usually there for events like this? callaway, cobra, mizuno?

Are you speaking about which manufacturers send clubs? or people in attendance?

TheHammer0711;n8907329 said:
manufacturers

JB teased a few that are committed but they are still getting others

It’s in the other thread

TheHammer0711;n8907329 said:
manufacturers

Last year it was just about every major manufacturer you could think of, and with the companies already teased it looks like this year will be along the same lines.

OITW;n8907330 said:
JB teased a few that are committed but they are still getting others

It’s in the other thread

Undoubtedly will be strong, doesn’t mean I’m not excited and can’t wait to see the full list!

mrkich;n8907340 said:
Undoubtedly will be strong, doesn’t mean I’m not excited and can’t wait to see the full list!

There were enough sets last year where we could have each had two.

Can’t wait for this weekend

Scott and Keenan are fantastic- they both have some great stories.

Also equipment knowledge is top notch as well

for the guys that hve done this before....what should i/we expect? what is the villa crawl?

TheHammer0711;n8907478 said:
for the guys that hve done this before....what should i/we expect? what is the villa crawl?

Fun, laughs, good food, good drink (if you drink) amazing golf courses, great location.

Villa Crawl last year 4 teams 4 villas each villa creates a drink and the judges select the best drink and that team received bonus points in the contest to see who drafted higher.

TheHammer0711;n8907478 said:

OITW said it all.

and it looks like the villa crawl has higher stakes this year.

OITW;n8907481 said:
Fun, laughs, good food, good drink (if you drink) amazing golf courses, great location.

Villa Crawl last year 4 teams 4 villas each villa creates a drink and the judges select the best drink and that team received bonus points in the contest to see who drafted higher.

i don't really drink but i am guessing i will be that weekend.

thanks for the info

usaf_giles;n8907503 said:
OITW said it all.

and it looks like the villa crawl has higher stakes this year.

Definitely upping the ante, I hope everyone likes shrimp cocktail

OITW;n8907538 said:
Definitely upping the ante, I hope everyone likes shrimp cocktail

shooting for that last draft slot again I see

usaf_giles;n8907541 said:
shooting for that last draft slot again I see

Not like I don't have a good fallback next year... :wink:

Is anyone definitely playing a round somewhere Friday? I'm probably going to fly Thursday night to Orlando. Would like to play either in Otown or anywhere between there and Hammock Beach. There's only 67 billion courses in that part of the world so should be able to find a good deal.

Is anyone definitely playing a round somewhere Friday? I'm probably going to fly Thursday night to Orlando. Would like to play either in Otown or anywhere between there and Hammock Beach. There's only 67 billion courses in that part of the world so should be able to find a good deal.

I’m on the fence about a Friday round. If I play it will at the resort like last year but I don’t know if I can make it down in time.

I am definitely open to play on Friday, Not sure what kind of game we will play with no irons, but i am in....

I am definitely open to play on Friday, Not sure what kind of game we will play with no irons, but i am in....

We played without irons last year Friday, it was a ton of fun.

As for a game we played Bing Bang Bingo

Does a 2i and wedges count as irons?

In your case no, since you can't hit that 2i off the deck :greenalien:

Back