2019 Ultimate Weekend of Golf with True Temper

We are hopeful that his review acumen rubs off a bit. The pre-requisite of course is that the set you get will be reviewed on THP Forum both heads and shafts.
I love this event and how diverse the reviews can be post experience.

Looking at the participant list, I think we've got some great potential here.

This seems like a ton of work to organize. Having to work with the resort for villas, but also extended range time and balls Sat morning. Working with a bunch of club manufacturers to have irons at the event, getting everyone at True Temper set up, overseeing Wardy’s club builds. Trying to accommodate setups across spectrums of skill and swing speeds (and even a lefty).

Sure I’m missing a bunch, but certainly appreciative of the opportunity.

Make sure you hug JB when you see him

Alright, I can't take it anymore. No more watching other people experience Hammock without me.

See you guys in a month. Also, be nice to me, I'm building your clubs.

Well this is a HUGE bomb that I missed - #DanCanVlog in the Hammock!!!

We are hopeful that his review acumen rubs off a bit. The pre-requisite of course is that the set you get will be reviewed on THP Forum both heads and shafts.

Can I pay him to do my reviews?

I love this event and how diverse the reviews can be post experience.

Looking at the participant list, I think we've got some great potential here.

As long as no one takes my irons this year I’m good. :alien:

First post updated with villas and villa mates.
Remember, this is how you earn your choosing order of irons.

That's just what I needed on a Monday morning! Very convenient that @robo729 will be in the same villa since we are driving up together. Also solidifies that villa 3 will have first pick in the draft.

BUNKIES :
Villa 1
OITW
obedt
Donny475
Stemmy66

now we just need to catch up on drinks and appetizers....

hahah it’s not easy but that’s okay. Genuinely the biggest issue we are running into is LH clubs and getting sets in time for event. We did warn our LH participant of this however.

I know, I know the lefty hitting from the wrong side of the ball. I have heard them all...

My regular playing partners are brutal to play with, especially for instance yesterday while playing our usual Sunday morning round. We get to the 17th a long par 3, plays usually in the mid 180 yard range, with a green that is wide but only about 20 feet deep. The first 3 of us get up, 1st (Me) hits the right side of the green about 30 feet from the hole, 2nd guy up is on the collar about 12 feet from the hole on the left side, 3rd guy up almost hits a hole in one, ball rolled over the cup to within a foot, so what do we do to our 4th, we break his b***s before he proceeds to hosel rocket his ball into the trees about 150 yards. Side note= usually if 2 of us hit the green we are fortunate. Scores for the hole... Birdie, Par, Par, Triple. Then the 18th....again 3 of us hit bombs....you know where this is going...hosel rocket guy hits drive into left rough, my partner bets him he will hit his ball into the water on the right side of the green, he says no i am going to hit the green, mind you this is one of the biggest greens on the course, where does the ball go...skied directly into the water, never hit a blade of grass. The fun continued at the clubhouse....

BUNKIES :
Villa 1
OITW
obedt
Donny475
Stemmy66

We’re responsible for OITW not getting leapfrogged for irons this year haha. Surprisingly , I’m a worse cook than a golfer. Will try and come up with a few ideas

BUNKIES :
Villa 1
OITW
obedt
Donny475
Stemmy66

We’re responsible for OITW not getting leapfrogged for irons this year haha. Surprisingly , I’m a worse cook than a golfer. Will try and come up with a few ideas

If I pick last again you're dead to me :alien:

If I pick last again you're dead to me :alien:

Just make @Stemmy66 pick last. Since you're stuck with him it's a near-certainty you'll be in the last villa again this year. And to @obedt and @donny475 please accept my apologies in advance for getting mired with that black sheep. :alien2:

I don't know if I missed it in this thread, but, does anyone have food restrictions the rest of us should be aware of?

Also, I know Donny doesn't drink, anyone else?

I know, I know the lefty hitting from the wrong side of the ball. I have heard them all...

My regular playing partners are brutal to play with, especially for instance yesterday while playing our usual Sunday morning round. We get to the 17th a long par 3, plays usually in the mid 180 yard range, with a green that is wide but only about 20 feet deep. The first 3 of us get up, 1st (Me) hits the right side of the green about 30 feet from the hole, 2nd guy up is on the collar about 12 feet from the hole on the left side, 3rd guy up almost hits a hole in one, ball rolled over the cup to within a foot, so what do we do to our 4th, we break his b***s before he proceeds to hosel rocket his ball into the trees about 150 yards. Side note= usually if 2 of us hit the green we are fortunate. Scores for the hole... Birdie, Par, Par, Triple. Then the 18th....again 3 of us hit bombs....you know where this is going...hosel rocket guy hits drive into left rough, my partner bets him he will hit his ball into the water on the right side of the green, he says no i am going to hit the green, mind you this is one of the biggest greens on the course, where does the ball go...skied directly into the water, never hit a blade of grass. The fun continued at the clubhouse....

Genuinely for me its not the jokes (some are good though) :ROFLMAO:
Its legitimately getting LH product samples for an event like this. most events we have done are geared around a single company and line of products. No problem, LH choose their gear or are fit for it. In this instance it is just harder to get samples, but we will do our best and you will still have an amazing weekend.

Genuinely for me its not the jokes (some are good though) :ROFLMAO:
Its legitimately getting LH product samples for an event like this. most events we have done are geared around a single company and line of products. No problem, LH choose their gear or are fit for it. In this instance it is just harder to get samples, but we will do our best and you will still have an amazing weekend.

JB believe me I know all about it trying to find clubs to even try out. Even some of the bigger PGATSS don't have a large selection clubs for lefties. I understand the market is a small segment. Whatever I get to try is fine with me. I am just looking forward to having a good time with a great bunch of people.

Just make @Stemmy66 pick last. Since you're stuck with him it's a near-certainty you'll be in the last villa again this year. And to @obedt and @donny475 please accept my apologies in advance for getting mired with that black sheep. :alien2:

only thing worse than one Stem brother? 2 stem brothers lol :greenalien: ? #luvuguys

Exciting news to wake up to today. This Monday sucks a little bit less now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My villa mates will be both entertained and amused with my presence! Be careful, collectively they may unfriend you after hearing some of the stories about you!:cool:

You don't know me, oh it's on now. There is a reason why that is listed as Villa1 ..... let the trash talk commence

This event can't get here soon enough.

I have a full bag fitting with True Spec golf next weekend and my focus is definitely going to be anything True Temper/PX/Graffaloy

Curious to see what I'm fit for shaft/head wise as - also will be interested to put it up against the Nippon's that are in my F9 irons and the Elevates that are in my J15s

It's been a while since I've done an in depth fitting.

You are in Luck, I cook... No food restrictions for me though.....

3D8A7884-6B3D-4245-ACB7-03D468E293AA.jpeg

I’m so confident in my villa mates, have no problem saying out loud those are the top 2 sets that interest me so far.

I’m so confident in my villa mates, have no problem saying out loud those are the top 2 sets that interest me so far.

We’re gonna have to battle it out over the turbos

We’re gonna have to battle it out over the turbos

And here I was hoping everyone else would be sticking to blades

awwww....hell yes.....

Back