2019 Ultimate Weekend of Golf with True Temper

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
No event on THP has more tradition for this community than the Ultimate Weekend of Golf...The Outing. It started out as 16 or so guys testing gear and became something very different. Last year it returned and was incredibly fun, and this year we are making it even better.

True-Temper-Logo.png

When & Where
October 25th-27th
Hammock Beach Golf Resort
Palm Coast, FL

The Details
This unique event is open to 12 THPers that will be a part of a weekend that is going to be incredibly special. Tons of equipment to demo, tons of shaft knowledge to learn and a whole lot of golf to be played...With new clubs. THP and True Temper will have a variety of new irons to demo for the demo day portion of the event. Your "job" will be to test them all on the range and even bring them to the course. Every set will be shafted with True Temper shafts including some that are not announced as of yet. Meet the people behind the brand and enjoy a weekend that is going to be a ton of fun.

The golf will be played over two days and your job will be to play different irons throughout the rounds. There will be some fun competitions going on, more casual than anything to determine the "Draft Order".

Draft Order
One thing unmentioned as of yet, is that you don't need to bring irons to the event. Every participant in attendance will leave with a new set of irons. The Draft Order mentioned above is in which order you get to choose what irons you would like to take home with you. This will be based ENTIRELY on the THP Villa Crawl that features, food, drinks and more. Keep in mind that every iron will be current and from major manufacturers, so there are no losers here of course and every iron will be shafted with current True Temper products, made in the USA with a variety of shaft profiles available.

Qualifying
THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2019 Albatross Club membership which goes to help a wonderful charity benefitting children. For more information on that or to sign up and help support this great cause, click here.

Itinerary
Friday Night: Meet and Greet. Spend some time getting to know your fellow THPers over dinner and drinks and meet the team from True Temper Golf.
Saturday Morning: Demo Time on the range with new irons
Saturday Late Morning: 18 Holes of Golf
Saturday Afternoon: Villa Crawl Prep
Saturday Evening: Villa Crawl - Every villa will create their signature drink and appetizer
Sunday Morning: 18 Holes of Golf
Sunday Afternoon: Club Draft and depart with your new irons

Cost & What's Included
Cost - $499
36 Holes of Golf at Hammock Beach Ocean and Conservatory Course
New set of irons
True Temper Swag
Dinners Each night
Shared "Villas" for Lodging
Unlimited Range Balls
And a whole lot more

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. The friendly draft order competition will have a handicap tie in so it is fair for everybody.

The Villas
Villa 1
OITW
obedt
Donny475
Stemmy66

Villa 2
usaf_giles
Vader
TheHammer0711
Mrkich

Villa 3
Robo729
EnglishTurn
MileHighGolfer
Formula8

Pairings
Saturday Pairings

Canadan
Stemmy66
Formula8

OITW
Donny475
Keenan from TT
Mrkich

Scott from TT
obedt
Robo729
TheHammer0711

EnglishTurn
MileHighGolfer
usaf_giles
Vader

Sunday Pairings
Canadan
EnglishTurn
obedt

Stemmy66
MileHighGolfer
Donny475
Robo729

Scott from TT
OITW
usaf_giles
Mr.kich

TheHammer0711
Keenan from TT
Vader
Formula8

Last edited:
Love that this is coming back, has been a great follow and the Villa Crawl sounds amazing.

Oh this sounds unique and what will be an awesome event. Villa Crawl...has to be a first!

This was a really fun follow last year. Great to see it will take place again this year.

Was a great event to follow and add the THP ‘villa crawl’ as a wrinkle this year can only make it better!

This sounds awesome!!!

What an awesome event! I remember following along last year. This would be a nice birthday present to myself! :banana:

Is it greedy I want in on this event as well? Yes. Do I want in on this event as well? Also yes.

That was a lot of fun to follow last year, trying to guess who got which shafts! Best part was seeing bags of 20+ clubs in them!!

This event sounds amazing! THP and TT bringing it again!!

This was a fun one to follow last year, glad to see it back at Hammock Beach

Another awesome event..

Ultimate Test session THP style.

And you leave with free clubs. Amazing!!

This one is very interesting to follow, the drinks the guys came up with last year where quite neat.

This event is soooooooo freaking good. If you can make it work, throw your name in for this one.

@JB Scott and Keenan coming back?

I may have to put in for this again.

OITW;n8881796 said:
This event is soooooooo freaking good. If you can make it work, throw your name in for this one.

@JB Scott and Keenan coming back?

I may have to put in for this again.

You should.
Keenan is confirmed, working on Scott right now.

Um, yes please.

Pretty decent venue for this one.

THP does a great job of making an event bigger and better every year, and it sounds like this is no different. I am so happy to see it come back this year.

The True Temper guys were absolutely amazing and a blast to play golf with and learn from. At the event last year, I was literally the last person to pick and went home with a set of p790s, so that should tell you all you need to know about the quality of this event. We were hitting a few shafts that were not even released yet. There were multiple carts with 3 or 4 sets of clubs, which was an awesome experience. The Villa Crawl was an experience onto its own and a total blast.

I left this event with a completely new prospective on the importance of shaft selection and design. This is a must enter event for anyone who loves testing and learning about shafts.

oh man this was such a fun event last year and so glad people will get to live it!

I would love to throw my name in the hat, but im busy that weekend.

If you're on the fence about it, this trip is worth the event fee or whatever travel you may have to do. No question

I loved the Ultimate Weekend last year! Wish I could make the dates work, but it'll be a blast to follow along with the lucky 12 that are selected.

JB;n8881798 said:
You should.
Keenan is confirmed, working on Scott right now.

+7!!!!! by then i bet he'll have his game around +15 or so.

both were such great ambassadors for TT. Truly enjoyed getting to know them

Such an awesome event, and the draft for the irons is cool as hell too.. I'm hoping I can make the weekend work so I can apply

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This sounds amazing.

Back