2019 Ultimate Weekend of Golf with True Temper

robo729;n8901484 said:
Are there any other lefties going to this event? Does anyone know how many left handed sets they had last year?

Not a lefty

No lefty options last year

they will have some lefty options at event, but post event getting you options won’t be a problem (per group PM from GG)

I’m really hoping I find the shaft that best suits my swing @ this event. Trying out different irons is going to b fun. Love px shafts so sure hope the blackouts r an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Stemmy66;n8901541 said:
Strong like bull!

But pretty like bear. I play 6.0’s now and have wanted to move into something stiffer but 7.0 might be a bit too much

mrkich;n8901902 said:
But pretty like bear. I play 6.0’s now and have wanted to move into something stiffer but 7.0 might be a bit too much

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;))

I sure hope the black out shafts r an available option

Thanks OITW!
I have so many more questions but don’t want to be the P.I.A. Lol ok just one more.
Do we bring our clubs or leave them home? I know we get to play irons but what about Driver, fairways, hybrids, putters?

robo729;n8902192 said:
Thanks OITW!
I have so many more questions but don’t want to be the P.I.A. Lol ok just one more.
Do we bring our clubs or leave them home? I know we get to play irons but what about Driver, fairways, hybrids, putters?

Bring everything but irons. I may bring my 4i (crossover) along with my woods, and then my 50 degree on down.

MH;n8902184 said:
I sure hope the black out shafts r an available option

Ditto DG105 VSS murdered put have my name all over them

robo729;n8902192 said:
Thanks OITW!

No problem bud.

Up to you - I brought a 7i last year to compare and it worked out well.

If you’re planning on playing a practice round it makes for a different/fun experience playing without a full bag

We played the White tees around 6,200 yards last year since the focus was on irons.

I used a ton of 4i off the tee but there were still plenty of opportunities for Driver/metalwoods/hybrids

Definitely bring your putter

I believe the majority of the sets were 7 clubs 4-PW last year so bring your wedges as well

Any other questions I can answer to what we did last year, but with THP Events they’re always better the next year so

Wonder if we will see the HMB or MMC at True Temper....he remarked drooling:golf:.....asking for a friend

JB;n8895846 said:
Dont tell anybody yet, but here are the brands confirmed.

Mizuno
TaylorMade
Callaway
Cleveland

And frankly, those are the only companies I have reached out to so far. The rest will be there as well too.

Bumping for participants

Have to say I’m most excited for Mizuno

Hopefully the shaft pairings aren’t X7 or DG 120 S400 TI lol

Really hoping the titleist line up is present but with their own event so close to this one that might b too much to ask for. T100’s won’t get out of my head since I saw them in person.

MH;n8902622 said:
Really hoping the titleist line up is present but with their own event so close to this one that might b too much to ask for. T100’s won’t get out of my head since I saw them in person.

Keep those fingers crossed, Titleist had irons present last year and THP events always bring the heat

yes, On the Mizuno's i am also hoping that there is some stiff offerings and possibly graphite. I have MP-25's and love them but they have a different MFG shafts in them. I have been doing some considerable amount of reading on the TT site and what the make up on this shafts are compared to mine......am so excited for this event. I played S300's off the rack for so many years and have just started venturing off the beaten path the last 6-8 years

Last edited:
Just read through the 2018 live thread, looks like it was a blast. Can’t wait

MH;n8902622 said:

Since that event is the week before this one it wouldn’t take any shine away

Reactions: MH
If the MMC or HMB are there I might not be able to pass on them. I'm definitely bringing my 7 iron and will try to keep an open mind. I want the set that gives me the best upgrade in performance.

In a past fitting PX LZ6.0 was my 2nd best fit so I'll keep an eye out for those, possibly in black. I've also liked S400's previously. However I'm really wanting to try Elevate Tours.

OITW;n8902610 said:
Bumping for participants

Have to say I’m most excited for Mizuno

Hopefully the shaft pairings aren’t X7 or DG 120 S400 TI lol

I think you meant to say “Hopefully the shaft pairings are X7 or DG 120 S400 TI” maybe even some PX 7.0 or 6.5

mrkich;n8902702 said:
I think you meant to say “Hopefully the shaft pairings are X7 or DG 120 S400 TI” maybe even some PX 7.0 or 6.5

Nope I just get the stickers separately for my A flex shafts

Bummed that some travel in the weeks around this one made it a bad idea to put in for this one, but can't wait to follow along. Great group of THPers, and I'm hoping that some of the newer lines w/ VSS show up there. I'm looking forward to the feedback on the shaft options. Love me some True Temper.

mpeterson;n8902993 said:
Bummed that some travel in the weeks around this one made it a bad idea to put in for this one, but can't wait to follow along. Great group of THPers, and I'm hoping that some of the newer lines w/ VSS show up there. I'm looking forward to the feedback on the shaft options. Love me some True Temper.

Can't believe i got lucky enough to be invited to this one. As i get a little older, Body not mind, I am so interested in picking the brains of those who know, what my next progression in the shafts line up should be to extend my game a few more years. #feeliongblessed

Going to give this a quick bump...

It's hard for me to think what I would want different from my current irons. I really enjoy the longer irons, could probably use a little more launch and def more forgiveness, but they set up so well that I have some real confidence in them. Wouldn't mind a little more spin from the shorter irons, but being realistic, just having more forgiveness would probably be the ideal thing for me. This is more of a players' distance iron and getting more into a GI realm would probably suit me better.

With shafts, I have TT XP95 in there and they're probably close to as a good fit as I could have asked for buying blind. Want to try some of their VSS options though, and their AMT lines. Hopefully will find something that will aid in making my delivery a little more consistent.

This is going to be lit!(isn't that what the kids say these days????) I've been fit for iron shaft once in my life 4 years ago. Really looking forward to some professional advice and Florida golf.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

obedt;n8903612 said:
Going to give this a quick bump...

It's hard for me to think what I would want different from my current irons. I really enjoy the longer irons, could probably use a little more launch and def more forgiveness, but they set up so well that I have some real confidence in them. Wouldn't mind a little more spin from the shorter irons, but being realistic, just having more forgiveness would probably be the ideal thing for me. This is more of a players' distance iron and getting more into a GI realm would probably suit me better.

With shafts, I have TT XP95 in there and they're probably close to as a good fit as I could have asked for buying blind. Want to try some of their VSS options though, and their AMT lines. Hopefully will find something that will aid in making my delivery a little more consistent.

Based on those comments, I think you may really enjoy the Elevate Tour and the Dynamic Gold 105 now with the VSS. I would keep an eye out for those if available.

Not that I’m excited or anything, but I spent Sunday morning at PGASS testing TT shafts of all sorts and I’m sure iron choice itself plays a big role, but numbers I saw favored a particular shaft I wasn’t expecting. In my mind I don’t want to bias myself so my plan is to go back and do a couple different comparisons with shafts and club OEMs. That way I’m really confused come October!

Stemmy66;n8904063 said:
Not that I’m excited or anything, but I spent Sunday morning at PGASS testing TT shafts of all sorts and I’m sure iron choice itself plays a big role, but numbers I saw favored a particular shaft I wasn’t expecting. In my mind I don’t want to bias myself so my plan is to go back and do a couple different comparisons with shafts and club OEMs. That way I’m really confused come October!

I was planning on doing the same to get a sneak peek at some shafts and heads. It would be cool if the list of clubs for the event is released in enough time for us to demo some of those combos beforehand.

Back