2019 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Hit a new low, 189 from 262.

I found my old medical paperwork from my pediatrician, I weighed 189 at 13... which is pretty alarming at that age!

I don’t even recognize myself

2-F8274-C6-2893-4-A65-9713-64-C4-ADC19-BF9.jpg

Down 27 pounds on the Keto diet and 5-6 workouts a week. I've hit a plateau on the weight loss though, hovering around the same number for two weeks. I'm fine with that because it's what I weighed 4 years ago when I was still in my 20's, but I'd like to see if I could drop another 10, so I'm going to start intermittent fasting too.

I don’t even recognize myself

2-F8274-C6-2893-4-A65-9713-64-C4-ADC19-BF9.jpg
Dude that is just awesome! I lost 20 lbs and gained 5 back but I'm not letting that stop me! This is motivation right here!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Down 27 pounds on the Keto diet and 5-6 workouts a week. I've hit a plateau on the weight loss though, hovering around the same number for two weeks. I'm fine with that because it's what I weighed 4 years ago when I was still in my 20's, but I'd like to see if I could drop another 10, so I'm going to start intermittent fasting too.
I've been contemplating the intermittent fasting.

Dude that is just awesome! I lost 20 lbs and gained 5 back but I'm not letting that stop me! This is motivation right here!

Thanks man, keep chugging along. I feel like a whole new person.

IMG_5994.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been contemplating the intermittent fasting.

Do it... it takes a while to get into it but you will reap major health benefits from a good IF schedule.

Once or twice a month I’ll actually extend a fast into 36 hours which is really, really amazing. It becomes euphoric to some degree.

I love Keto but went through a rough stretch of being sick and got off of it. I caught a nasty bug that held on for like 3 weeks then still caused some respiratory issues for another couple weeks. I finally kick it and decide to have Panda Express for lunch and get Salmonella poisoning. I would not wish that on anyone! It was horrible and lasted 7 days almost to the hour... I used the excuse of being sick etc to have comfort food like ice cream, Popeyes chicken, Panda (Mistake!) etc etc and gained back about 10 lbs and generally felt like crap.

I've been back on Keto for 2 weeks, already lost the 10 lbs and feel 100% better. I will say the last 10 lbs or so are tough as I am the same as you, gym 5-6 days a week and the last 10 comes off much slower. Weight training and raising your protein up will help build muscle and lower fat % once you are close to goal weight. The scale may not show it but you will see it in the mirror.

I love Keto but went through a rough stretch of being sick and got off of it. I caught a nasty bug that held on for like 3 weeks then still caused some respiratory issues for another couple weeks. I finally kick it and decide to have Panda Express for lunch and get Salmonella poisoning. I would not wish that on anyone! It was horrible and lasted 7 days almost to the hour... I used the excuse of being sick etc to have comfort food like ice cream, Popeyes chicken, Panda (Mistake!) etc etc and gained back about 10 lbs and generally felt like crap.

I've been back on Keto for 2 weeks, already lost the 10 lbs and feel 100% better. I will say the last 10 lbs or so are tough as I am the same as you, gym 5-6 days a week and the last 10 comes off much slower. Weight training and raising your protein up will help build muscle and lower fat % once you are close to goal weight. The scale may not show it but you will see it in the mirror.

It’s super hard to stick with but eventually you get on a roll and it becomes second nature. I’ve found that I prefer one camp vs the other, I use Keto as a means of stripping body weight as long as I can possibly take it, then increase protein and the gym and try to build muscle. However, I prefer the pure Keto diet phase. I’m not a huge fan of feeling sore and tight from weights and I don’t find it helping my golf game. I am , however, the definition of skinny fat.

This was September...

0b592ea4b929f69c04d4b3dc4e13549c.jpg

June
bd87f6de9b8293132ba6951b7626c9f1.jpg

Do it... it takes a while to get into it but you will reap major health benefits from a good IF schedule.

Once or twice a month I’ll actually extend a fast into 36 hours which is really, really amazing. It becomes euphoric to some degree.

I did the 16/8 IF the last two days, and it really wasn't too bad. No clue if this is related, but I did feel "cold" the last hour or two each day. What hours do you generally follow? And do you do it on weekends too?

I did the 16/8 IF the last two days, and it really wasn't too bad. No clue if this is related, but I did feel "cold" the last hour or two each day. What hours do you generally follow? And do you do it on weekends too?

I don’t IF every day... mainly M-F during the school year and then 4 days a week in summer. I also do 36 hours once / twice a month.

I wouldn’t do If until a month or so into your journey, you need to be 100% fat adapted otherwise you’ll feel sluggish.

I enjoy the IF pattern because if I eat breastfast I tend to to overeat and it cramps into what “I have left” for the rest of the day.

Here’s what I made for breakfast today...

2cac2bb40fc8731a48376c2de5044711.jpg

885591463ae8b7d51fbb13793de5cdae.jpg

The butter / eggs / almond flour (with a TBS of swerve) is a microwave bread I made. It’s crazzzzzzzy good.

I was Keto for over a year before getting sick and then fell of the wagon for 2 months. I do occasionally have a "cheat meal" but try not to completely blow it up. For me personally it's not about weight loss anymore but the fact the I just plain feel better.

One of the things I found out over the last year or so is electrolytes are extremely important. I have Gatorade Zero with 1.5 tsp of Pink salt added per day to keep sodium in check. I get potassium from avocado and vegetables and take a magnesium supp.

Survived 2 weeks in France... dropped 3.5lbs in my stay, likely to the 30k in steps we had during about 10 of the 14 days.

It was hard... really hard. French food, it’s ok... they do what they do really well but anything that deviates from their classics is plain bad.

It’s like they never left their own country... pizza, terrible. Asian, terrible. You want Tex Mex or anything Latin, terrible.

I dropped a ton of coin to basically eat whatever meat I could find and leave a ton of starch on the plate. However, during the two weeks I let the reigns go A LITTLE...

that included the following: an almond chocolate croissant that was insanely amazing, a few potatoes in a stew, a small piece of baguette, and a serving of gelato in a sugar cone, plus a few beers.

I would have dropped 10lbs if it wasn’t for those things.

Officially broke into the 90+ lost range... 262 to 170 in 7 months. Insane. I went shopping today and bought 32 waist pants / shorts. It’s hard to even process, there are stores that were simply never on my radar and now everything there fits (gap, j crew etc)

Survived 2 weeks in France... dropped 3.5lbs in my stay, likely to the 30k in steps we had during about 10 of the 14 days.

It was hard... really hard. French food, it’s ok... they do what they do really well but anything that deviates from their classics is plain bad.

It’s like they never left their own country... pizza, terrible. Asian, terrible. You want Tex Mex or anything Latin, terrible.

I dropped a ton of coin to basically eat whatever meat I could find and leave a ton of starch on the plate. However, during the two weeks I let the reigns go A LITTLE...

that included the following: an almond chocolate croissant that was insanely amazing, a few potatoes in a stew, a small piece of baguette, and a serving of gelato in a sugar cone, plus a few beers.

I would have dropped 10lbs if it wasn’t for those things.

Officially broke into the 90+ lost range... 262 to 170 in 7 months. Insane. I went shopping today and bought 32 waist pants / shorts. It’s hard to even process, there are stores that were simply never on my radar and now everything there fits (gap, j crew etc)

Great job, man! Today I hit 30 lb. loss and celebrated by getting fit for a couple new suits. Life in shape and at a healthy weight is so much better!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Made a poor decision...
43dc4bac9f5bec602eb88520a6ff68ba.jpg

“Sugar free” ice cream which has the same GI impact as sugar anyway... put on 4.5 lbs of water retention in one day because of this one treat!

A few major revelations this week...

cc196bf2373f736882447d778c2dca45.jpg

Check out “Chaffle” on Instagram, game changer!

1171b50d132413acd9409605ef570823.jpg

Got a little cocky after hitting a new low weight of 166 and tried the Keto Pizza at Blaze. Wrecked me, up 5lbs in water retention within a few hours. Never again.

trying to get smarter with my calorie intake. i'm toting around 10-15 lbs i want to lose, so back to a lower calorie diet. shooting for 1,800 calories, and it's hard af.

trying to get smarter with my calorie intake. i'm toting around 10-15 lbs i want to lose, so back to a lower calorie diet. shooting for 1,800 calories, and it's hard af.

Two 4oz chicken breasts and a bag of steamed vegetables. Enjoy your 500ish calorie lunch.

Two 4oz chicken breasts and a bag of steamed vegetables. Enjoy your 500ish calorie lunch.

I'm not even sure you get to 500 depending on how you cook the chicken. This is my go-to for work lately, and it's filling/satisfying.

I'm not even sure you get to 500 depending on how you cook the chicken. This is my go-to for work lately, and it's filling/satisfying.

I usually go sweet potatoes with it, that normally is 360-380 calories so it gets me across that line

homemade smoothie at breakfast clocks in at 265.
lunch of ham sandwich with mustard (no cheese), a handful of wheat thins and an apple puts me at 475.
that leaves 1,060 for dinner. wine is pretty much out of the question.

this sucks

homemade smoothie at breakfast clocks in at 265.
lunch of ham sandwich with mustard (no cheese), a handful of wheat thins and an apple puts me at 475.
that leaves 1,060 for dinner. wine is pretty much out of the question.

this sucks

That sounds awful. Skip the food drink the wine haha

My mom took a picture of me in 2018 on Thanksgiving Day. Needless to say, I was SHOCKED at how large I'd become, 334.5 lbs to be exact. The day after Thanksgiving both my wife and I made some lifestyle changes, with the biggest being a focus on our diets. To date, I am down 70 pounds with another 50-60 to lose. My health is much improved and so is my ability to strike a golf ball.

Best of luck to all that are working to lose weight; it's a tough road but well worth it!

That sounds awful. Skip the food drink the wine haha

it’s insane how quickly it added up. even if i go up to a 2k intake, that’s just 2 glasses of wine. doesn’t really provide for much wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back