2020(1) Summer Olympics

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
1616107233076.jpeg
Hosted in Tokyo, Japan from July 23rd to August 8th 2021.

Watching the US Men’s soccer team compete against Costa Rica in CONCACAF qualifying.

Dang US hasn’t sent a men’s soccer team to the Olympics since 2008.

Dang US hasn’t sent a men’s soccer team to the Olympics since 2008.
The drought continues. Meanwhile the women’s team outscored opponents 25-0 en route to their Olympic berth.

The drought continues. Meanwhile the women’s team outscored opponents 25-0 en route to their Olympic berth.
That's because the women are better players... or have better coaching... or something. I don't know. Just speculating. I'm not really interested in soccer either mens or womens... and I'm even less interested in the olympics, but I couldn't let your thread stay empty.

I did think it was cool when the US men's team made it into whatever round of qualifier it was in the World Cup... and somehow wound up in the assassins' league or murderer's row or whatever it was with all of the hyper competitive teams and didn't stand a chance... <-- see? Told you I don't know soccer.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pretty sad. I thought we had a good enough team to make it through to the Olympics. I understand European clubs withholding players, but I don’t understand MLS teams withholding. The US not making the Olympics is detrimental to MLS soccer. Still, we had a good enough team to qualify. So we can root for the women in the Olympics and root for the men in World Cup qualifying this summer.

Fans, organizers, and Olympic hopefuls holding their breath as Japan goes into a Covid state of emergency three months before the summer games.

good, because lockdowns have been so successful to this point.

All indications are that the Olympics will happen. I really hope it happens if for no other reason than to watch Simone Biles compete again. She may be the first woman to attempt this vault in competition:

17 year old Tyler Downs just won the men’s 3 meter Olympic trials. One of the most decorated US Olympic divers ever, David Boudia, fell 4.5 points short of qualifying.

Looking forward to the Olympics!

This may not be the strongest team US Swimming has fielded, but records are dropping at trials! Michael Andrew broke the American record in the 100 breaststroke heats yesterday, broke his own record last night in the semifinals, and races in finals today. And 18 year old Torri Huske broke the American record in the 100 butterfly and came within three-tenths of a second of the world record. She also races in the finals today.

Zero interest in watching this year for some reason. :unsure:

Zero interest in watching this year for some reason. :unsure:
Ill still watch. And being in Japan, I have some hope it won't be in your face politics the entire time. Which will keep me around.

Photo finish last night in the men’s 100m breaststroke. Top 2 go to Tokyo. More swimming events streaming today.

Just read where a burrito supposedly caused a failed drug test for a female runner. Sounds like a heck of a reach but apparently she had evidence to make a compelling argument.

Just read where a burrito supposedly caused a failed drug test for a female runner. Sounds like a heck of a reach but apparently she had evidence to make a compelling argument.
Was it like the good old “Mexican meat” argument?

As expected Katie Ledecky rolls through to the finals in the 1500M with the top time. She has the fastest time in the world in this event by over 18 seconds and has posted all 10 of the top 10 fastest times ever. Her first 800M in the 1500M would be the 5th fastest 800 in the world this year… can you say domination?!

Must've had some of dat dere CellTech in that burrito. :ROFLMAO:

celltech.png

Ryan Lochte with the second fastest time in the 200M Medley going into semifinals tonight :oops:

Looking forward to watching the Olympics next month.

Katie Ledecky and Caeleb Dressel having a great trials. They could both have really special Olympics!

This may not be the strongest team US Swimming has fielded, but records are dropping at trials! Michael Andrew broke the American record in the 100 breaststroke heats yesterday, broke his own record last night in the semifinals, and races in finals today. And 18 year old Torri Huske broke the American record in the 100 butterfly and came within three-tenths of a second of the world record. She also races in the finals today.
It will probably be the strongest women's team in US history. Nearly all of the swimmers that have qualified thus far have posted the top time in the world this year and don't think any of them have been out of top 3 times in world this year. Men's team will probably be a little down from years past outside of Dressel.

Back