2020(1) Summer Olympics

that conversation is worth dodging, that's for sure.

I've watched mostly highlights of this Olympics, but I am still in awe of their dedication to their craft - regardless of how crazy I may think it is. One of my fav things to watch is the archery, watching the arrow arc before falling on target. You quickly forget that it's not like the movies where it's just a straight line.

It's simply amazing. The young lady that got America's second ever medal in speed canoeing.

I was talking with my wife when we were watching some of the track events, they run their splits faster than almost anytime else runs those events, it's incredibly impressive. I guess that's why they are Olympic athletes.

Coming into these games, the Philippines had 10 Olympic medals and no golds. They have a gold, silver, and bronze in this year’s games with another boxer fighting for gold. Really cool stuff!

It's nice to see these story lines every 4 (5) years. I don't follow very many of these sports other than in the Olympics. I couldn't tell you when or where a gymnastics meet was since 2016 but every Olympics I enjoy watching it.

For sure! Every person who has run a marathon from start to finish is an athlete in my mind. I guess other sports like curling more border on hobbyist rather than athlete, but I would never include runners in that group.

As a three time marathon finisher, I thank you for referring to me as an athlete.:D

It's simply amazing. The young lady that got America's second ever medal in speed canoeing.

I was talking with my wife when we were watching some of the track events, they run their splits faster than almost anytime else runs those events, it's incredibly impressive. I guess that's why they are Olympic athletes.
The speed canoeing was cool to watch...I have never seen that before. Those women are in incredible shape.

FU NBC for holding back the gold medal beach volleyball match until I can no longer stay awake to watch it.

FU NBC for holding back the gold medal beach volleyball match until I can no longer stay awake to watch it.

TV says it is live. I don’t know if NBC impacted the schedule but I don’t think they held it back.

can't beat the synchronized swimming or the rock wall climbing .... or the skate boarding for just sit-on-the-edge of your seat and hope you don't have a coronary! Who needs the world-class athletes running, jumping and throwing. And the good news is they've added some more beauties for Paris in three years ..... car detailing; flower arranging and dog grooming. Why re-gripping of golf clubs was not included is a mystery.

That women's 10m platform diving gold medalist.😳 14 years old and broke the Olympic record for score. Had multiple perfect dives. Just incredible talent

I only get to see highlights due to time and work, but last night the US athletics team weren't half getting slated for some of the results - Michael Johnson was on the UK programme and unable to understand why the decisions were made about the 4x100m relay team, but also about some of the comments from the team when they were asked about practice (or lack of) in the lead up to the Olympics

That women's 10m platform diving gold medalist.😳 14 years old and broke the Olympic record for score. Had multiple perfect dives. Just incredible talent
Right?! You could have picked the best dives from all the other divers and she still would have won! She had the highest scoring dive in every single round. Absolutely incredible performance!!

Right?! You could have picked the best dives from all the other divers and she still would have won! She had the highest scoring dive in every single round. Absolutely incredible performance!!
She wasn't eligible to compete if the games were held as scheduled last year. 🤯

Unreal sequence at the end of the Mens 125kg freestyle wrestling final!

can't beat the synchronized swimming or the rock wall climbing .... or the skate boarding for just sit-on-the-edge of your seat and hope you don't have a coronary! Who needs the world-class athletes running, jumping and throwing. And the good news is they've added some more beauties for Paris in three years ..... car detailing; flower arranging and dog grooming. Why re-gripping of golf clubs was not included is a mystery.

They should add darts, bowling, billiards, and perhaps disc golf. I mean, if they're going to have ping-pong, might as well have the aforementioned. I can definitely see disc golf being added in the near future for sure. Not sure about darts, billiards or bowling though.

another 4x100 shocker as Italy grabs Gold ahead of Great Britain and Canada

For sure! Every person who has run a marathon from start to finish is an athlete in my mind. I guess other sports like curling more border on hobbyist rather than athlete, but I would never include runners in that group.
I'm an athlete is training.....

That was amazing to watch. To get 7 10's on multiple dives is just epic. That girl barely looked 10 years old. :ROFLMAO:

This will be the last Olympics for race walking. There is no women's equivalent so it's gotta go! I'm not really sure what to think about this new knowledge.

Back