2020(1) Summer Olympics

Wouldn't surprise me Morikawa wins the Gold after today.

Coco Gauff is out with Covid.

The Olympic field is set for golf!
View attachment 9014076
Rory sounds real excited about the Olympics. A couple quotes from an article I just read:

"I'm not a very patriotic guy. I am doing it because I think it is the right thing to do, and I missed it last time. For golf to be an Olympic sport you need your best players there, and I want to represent the game of golf more than anything else."

"I don't know if there's much to look forward to. It's obviously going to be a very different environment. Looking forward to getting another week's golf in and trying to get my game in shape. As I said, there's not much else to do there".

Rory sounds real excited about the Olympics. A couple quotes from an article I just read:

"I'm not a very patriotic guy. I am doing it because I think it is the right thing to do, and I missed it last time. For golf to be an Olympic sport you need your best players there, and I want to represent the game of golf more than anything else."

"I don't know if there's much to look forward to. It's obviously going to be a very different environment. Looking forward to getting another week's golf in and trying to get my game in shape. As I said, there's not much else to do there".
Wow. At least many of the other golfers have more desire to be there.

And just like that USWNT have their win streak broken with a 3-0 loss to Sweden. Not an ideal start.

Looking at all the empty stadiums all I can think of is: all that built, for nothing, what a waste...

How much of the infrastructure was built for these Games anyways?

NBC coverage is atrocious. It's regular-PGA-tour-stop amounts of commercials, on crack.

Breaking: BAD is out due to virus; Reed will take his place

They Have in Victoria Aus. 🙂we lost a few people along the way but since lockdown(s) it hasn’t been fatal
Less than a 1000 have lost lives in 25 mil it’s horrible 1 is too many , anywhere on earth no matter where your from .

Yo
Our women are better players than their competition, which is not as stiff as what the men face. Think about it. There are a lot of places in this world where women are simply NOT ALLOWED to participate in sports, whereas here, it is encouraged. And men from many more countries play soccer, and in some cases it is their national sport!

Don't get me wrong, love seeing our ladies achieve. But let's be realistic.

Actually, her Mother died while she was training out in Oregon or Washington, so yeah, maybe it was. Stress relief, pain relief, grief relief, who knows?

And I think it's absolutely stupid to test for marijuana any more. I think that it is very well established that pot is NOT a PED! It's for the things I mentioned above. It has been shown to be non-addictive and NOT a "gateway" drug.

You know what are gateway drugs? Opioid pain scrip medicines! And those are legal!
You have a choice with drugs ,,,, simply don’t take them full stop any drug .

,,,, you get selected or chosen to represent your country of origin , usually after many years of effort and expense and investment by others and networks of support and sacrifice behind them

many have parents or loved ones who pass away .... l would imagine a athlete of that magnitude would have sufficient internal fortitude gained from the work and disappointment, and as above support mechanisms around them

to throw all that away ,,,,,, over in this country illegal choice , notwithstanding its purported performance enhancement is gross stupidity.

Watching the skateboarding. Granted I’m not a skateboarder and don’t really know what is going on, but it seems to be mostly blokes trying to slide down a rail, and then falling off. A classic example of something I would never watch outside of the olympics LOL

Penny Oleksiak chases down Simone Manuel to claim Silver for Canada in the W 4x100 freestyle

Maybe i'm just old but I have zero interest in watching the Olympics. When I was younger I was an Olympics junkie but nowadays just don'tcare. Maybe it's just because of all of the other viewing options across all forms of media. When I was younger it was just a handful of channels and no internet. Now I can get results anytime, any place.

Maybe i'm just old but I have zero interest in watching the Olympics. When I was younger I was an Olympics junkie but nowadays just don'tcare. Maybe it's just because of all of the other viewing options across all forms of media. When I was younger it was just a handful of channels and no internet. Now I can get results anytime, any place.
The more and more outspoken and political the athletes get, the farther and farther I recoil away from all sports (even non-Olympic). I don't watch sports to get a message - I watch sports to get away from all that craziness.

At this rate, I will probably have your view as well.

Penny Oleksiak chases down Simone Manuel to claim Silver for Canada in the W 4x100 freestyle

Nice one for the 🇨🇦 relay team. And to beat out the 🇺🇸 and one of NBC’s chosen. I can’t stand NBC’s coverage here in the states as it focuses way too much on a chosen few athletes (Manuel is one of them).

Nice one for the 🇨🇦 relay team. And to beat out the 🇺🇸 and one of NBC’s chosen. I can’t stand NBC’s coverage here in the states as it focuses way too much on a chosen few athletes (Manuel is one of them).
I agree - NBC likes to glorify certain athletes, for sure.

Was Manuel the best that relay team had to offer? Seems had they put a stronger swimmer on that anchor they could have gotten silver (Ledecky)?

I agree - NBC likes to glorify certain athletes, for sure.

Was Manuel the best that relay team had to offer? Seems had they put a stronger swimmer on that anchor they could have gotten silver (Ledecky)?

I can understand showing certain sports at specific times to attract viewers but NBC treats it as if this is the only athlete in that event. During the race, the camera showed Manuel on the starting stand while the Australians were destroying the WR in the event.

Ledecky can’t swim in every event. They showed her competition schedule last night. She is going to be very busy.

I can understand showing certain sports at specific times to attract viewers but NBC treats it as if this is the only athlete in that event. During the race, the camera showed Manuel on the starting stand while the Australians were destroying the WR in the event.

Ledecky can’t swim in every event. They showed her competition schedule last night. She is going to be very busy.
I don't see why she couldn't be on that team - I jsut read an article that said she could have been, but she wasn't chosen (the coaches make the final decision).

Phelps was in a bunch of events. Seems the coaches didn't choose the strongest team they could. Strange. :rolleyes:

I don't see why she couldn't be on that team - I jsut read an article that said she could have been, but she wasn't chosen (the coaches make the final decision).

Phelps was in a bunch of events. Seems the coaches didn't choose the strongest team they could. Strange. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the information. Interesting decision by the coaches.

🇫🇷 beats 🇺🇸 in basketball. Rudy Gobert and Evan Fournier lead France in the victory. Last loss by USA was in 2004 when they lost to Argentina.

Last edited:
When she jumped in the pool she had a pretty decent lead thanks to the rest of the team (for silver at least), but she got smoked by the Canadian anchor.

She's not the same swimmer that she was in the past.
Manuel’s split was faster than any posted by Ledecky in the 100. She was the right pick.

Last edited:
The human body should not be able to do a triathlon, that is just insanity. They are all flopping around on the ground at the finish linen like fish out of water.
The Olympic version is only like 40% of an Ironman. The Ironman is stupid 😂

Back