2020(1) Summer Olympics

Not sure if Team GB had an unfair advantage here…..

story of the games for Canada in the pool, this time Penny Oleksiak (gold in 2016) in rhe W 100m freestyle

yet another Canadian record, yet another 4th

Caeleb Dressel with an Olympic record tonight in the 100 fly semis!

Sunisa Lee winning the all-around was pretty cool. Awesome to see America's 5th or 6th strait women's all around winner.

Last edited:
I have always been a fan of the Olympics. I usually follow the results and medals. And I would try to watch as much coverage as I could. I have lost interest this year.

Simone Lee winning the all-around was pretty cool. Awesome to see America's 5th or 6th strait women's all around winner.
Sunisa Lee is the gold medal gymnast.

USWNT looking really strong in the first half against the Dutch

It’s track & field time!!! I surprisingly didn’t miss fans that much in swimming, but definitely miss them in the golf.

So the Russian Olympic ban is basically that they have to call themselves Russian Olympic Committee instead of Russia and no one is actually banned? Don't be so harsh IOC.

I see that the ROC and the ban and the doping concerns have now become an open issue. Interesting medalists’ news conference after the 200 Backstroke. The 2nd and 3rd place finishers discussed possible doping and why the Russians were being allowed to compete. A Russian happened to win that race and it was his second gold. The Russian was sitting there while the other medalists talked about whether they thought the competitions were clean.

The response by the ROC to this and other allegations about doping and to questions about Russian participation in the games read like propaganda from the Cold War Soviet Union.

Sunisa Lee is the gold medal gymnast.

USWNT looking really strong in the first half against the Dutch
Sunisa Lee. Geez, can you tell where my brain is. Simone is like Tiger headlines in golf.

Tiger Finishes 16th in US Open As Brooks Koepka Wins His 6th In A Row :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Dressel rolled in the 50 this morning.

Penalties for the US Women after another underwhelming performance.

Great result for Bethany Shriever and Team GB in the BMX, one of my favourite events, with gold. She had to crowd find her way to Tokyo. If that doesn’t sum up the olympics, I don’t know what does.

Great performance in PK’s. 4-2 win.

I’m just not a fan of having penalty kicks decide games.
With you there, but I’m not sure the players can keep going after 120 minutes + stoppage. Either way I’m not questioning the out coming - moving onto the next round!

Never thought I would root against any Americans but I wouldn't mind seeing the women's soccer team lose

I feel similar but probably for a different reason and it’s not limited to the soccer team. I’m attributing it to NBC and its networks. NBC’s coverage in general makes me want to root against the Americans.

I actually watched the broadcast the past two nights with the volume muted. It was tolerable. The less I hear from Mike Tirico, the better for me

Is it me or is stroke play in the Olympics stupid? It's just like a regular tournament except the top 3 get medals instead of money. 60 players vying for the top 3 spots with the only difference being you have your nations colors behind you. Why isn't it played like the Ryder Cup or something like that? :unsure:

Is it me or is stroke play in the Olympics stupid? It's just like a regular tournament except the top 3 get medals instead of money. 60 players vying for the top 3 spots with the only difference being you have your nations colors behind you. Why isn't it played like the Ryder Cup or something like that? :unsure:
The current setup needs to be changed, for sure. At least make it a team event by combining scores.

With you there, but I’m not sure the players can keep going after 120 minutes + stoppage. Either way I’m not questioning the out coming - moving onto the next round!

You can’t argue with a win.

at least two man teams maybe some alt shot or matches tournament?

Back