2020-2021 College Basketball Season

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The new season is almost here! It likely won’t look like any other season due to Covid, but hopefully we will see some exciting college basketball!

And some big news today with Arizona getting slapped with violations. Two years too late, get Miller out of NCAA basketball and let these players get paid!

I’m a 26 year season ticket holder for Siena. Even assuming that they allow fans this season (NY State has not indicated yet if fans will be allowed), I’m not renewing for this season. I’ll wait until next season.

I always look forward to college basketball season.

Imagine drawing the Maui Invitational this year, only to have it relocated to Asheville, NC, with Carolina (and Davidson) in the field. They may as well play it in Carmichael Auditorium.

Kentucky is loaded with guys who can play all over the floor. With the two transfers eligible, Sarr and Obi Toppins brother this will be a great season. CalIpari’s probably signing a big today that reminds everyone of AD. He’s got his program in a great place.

Kentucky is loaded with guys who can play all over the floor. With the two transfers eligible, Sarr and Obi Toppins brother this will be a great season. CalIpari’s probably signing a big today that reminds everyone of AD. He’s got his program in a great place.
Our family (mom, aunt, uncle) split season tickets every year so I usually get to got o a couple of games. They sent notice that they are allowing 20% capacity this year so I think we will be out of the loop this year, but we bought an 82" TV last week so it will be a real nice season on the couch LOL!

I’m a 26 year season ticket holder for Siena. Even assuming that they allow fans this season (NY State has not indicated yet if fans will be allowed), I’m not renewing for this season. I’ll wait until next season.
Im a longtime UB season ticketholder and they havent sent out ticket renewals and it doesnt sound like they will have fans this year. They are in a tournament at the end of November called Bubbleville at the Mohegan Sun Arena which is supposed to be an incredible arena. They are in a bracket with Vermont and the Rick Pitino coached Iona. Hopefully all the games this season will be a available on tv. Love college ball and hope season happens and there is a tournament. Love to see UB win the MAC and Siena win the MAAC. How great would that be.

Im a longtime UB season ticketholder and they havent sent out ticket renewals and it doesnt sound like they will have fans this year. They are in a tournament at the end of November called Bubbleville at the Mohegan Sun Arena which is supposed to be an incredible arena. They are in a bracket with Vermont and the Rick Pitino coached Iona. Hopefully all the games this season will be a available on tv. Love college ball and hope season happens and there is a tournament. Love to see UB win the MAC and Siena win the MAAC. How great would that be.

I don’t think Cuomo will allow fans in NY. I know that in Albany where Siena plays in the downtown arena, they were hoping by Jan 1 that they would allow fans at a reduced capacity. I don’t see that given the current state of things. I hope they can get a season in this year. Siena is going to be playing at Mohegan Sun also.

Imagine drawing the Maui Invitational this year, only to have it relocated to Asheville, NC, with Carolina (and Davidson) in the field. They may as well play it in Carmichael Auditorium.
Indeed Maui>Asheville LOL

No March madness this past spring was a bummer. I mean there have been a lot of bummers this year but that one was especially bumming.

Gregg Marshall out at Wichita State?

Wichita State and Gregg Marshall are expected to part ways in the coming days, a source told CBS Sports, confirming a report from Stadium's Jeff Goodman on Tuesday night.

The 57-year-old Marshall, who took Wichita State to the 2013 Final Four and is the winningest coach in school history (331-121), had been subject to a months-long investigation after allegations surfaced earlier this year regarding multiple verbal and physical incidents against former players and staff members.

I assume it's mutually agreed upon in lieu being fired.

Accusations is the reason. To me it sounded like someone go their feelings hurt, suck it up, you are D-1 athlete. But that is the world we live in today.

Yes, it is reflective of how things are today. But, there is a distinction between verbal and physical. Once you have proof of physical abuse that is a different story.

I assume it's mutually agreed upon in lieu being fired.

Yes, it is reflective of how things are today. But, there is a distinction between verbal and physical. Once you have proof of physical abuse that is a different story.
I get that part, but as with anything else why is this coming to light now? If a player was being physically abused it should have been reported then, not several years later. I'm not defending him if he did do it, however I won't defend the players either if they have waited this long to come forward from another school.

I get that part, but as with anything else why is this coming to light now? If a player was being physically abused it should have been reported then, not several years later. I'm not defending him if he did do it, however I won't defend the players either if they have waited this long to come forward from another school.

I hear you. It would be interesting to know when these allegations were first brought to the attention of the school.

The idea of having the tournament bubble in my hometown Indianapolis sounded awesome to me for about 3 seconds until I realized I wouldn’t be able to watch the games, and it’s going to add restrictions in the area we may not have had lol. CRAP

I hear you. It would be interesting to know when these allegations were first brought to the attention of the school.
Pure speculation is that the AD in 2015 was fired/resigned for this......who knows the real truth?!

The idea of having the tournament bubble in my hometown Indianapolis sounded awesome to me for about 3 seconds until I realized I wouldn’t be able to watch the games, and it’s going to add restrictions in the area we may not have had lol. CRAP

Obviously, it's all about money. The NCAA can't afford to miss another year of the tournament.

I wouldn't worry about the NCAA Tourney for now. I think a bigger issue is going to be whether they can start and even partially complete a season.

Our family (mom, aunt, uncle) split season tickets every year so I usually get to got o a couple of games. They sent notice that they are allowing 20% capacity this year so I think we will be out of the loop this year, but we bought an 82" TV last week so it will be a real nice season on the couch LOL!
I'm thinking of spending the $50 to get a cutout for the games and at the end of the season, several UK coaches will sign them and then they're mailed to you. Go good in the UK mancave.

He got paid big to leave.

Buyout is beneficial to both sides. Saves the University and Marshall from likely contesting whether or not there was cause to fire him under his contract. That would expose the details and who knew what and when. Neither side would want that.

Back