2020-2021 College Basketball Season

Halftime in Vegas.

BYU 53
(1) Gonzaga 41

BYU is 21-31 (67.7%) from the floor, and 9-13 (69.2%) from three.

Duke is out of the ACC Tournament due to a walk-on testing positive. They have 2 walk-ons, one of which is Krzyzewski's grandson.

They decided to commute to and from campus each day instead of staying in Greensboro this week. The football team paused activities earlier this week, and some are staying at the some hotel in Durham that the basketball team has been using.

Last edited:
It's go time!!! Go Illini!!!!

Duke is out of the ACC Tournament due to a walk-on testing positive. They have 2 walk-ons, one of which is Krzyzewski's grandson.

They decided to commute to and from campus each day instead of staying in Greensboro this week. The football team paused activities earlier this week, and some are staying at the some hotel in Durham that the basketball team has been using.
Like how did they think that was a good idea...

Oh man, it was a walk on that tested positive too. Brutal.

Down goes Virginia, due to the virus.

Georgia Tech is into the ACC Championship game.

Like how did they think that was a good idea...
The Covid issues at Duke in the last week have been substantial. I have a kid there. K can blame the Duke fraternities who held rush parties even after being told not to so the entire campus population could stay safe. Prior to this past outbreak Duke has done a good job.
And campus is only about 35-45 minutes from Greensboro. I assume he thought sleeping in their own beds was a good thing.

The Covid issues at Duke in the last week have been substantial. I have a kid there. K can blame the Duke fraternities who held rush parties even after being told not to so the entire campus population could stay safe. Prior to this past outbreak Duke has done a good job.
Well and this is going to devolve quickly if we keep talking about covid like all the other threads. But there's basically no avoiding it at some point. You can do a great, even perfect job for x amount of time until there is one crack and it runs through your group like a virus does.
You can blame the fraternities if you want but it could just have easily been the janitors.

Go Illini!!!! Focus on one game at a time!

Well and this is going to devolve quickly if we keep talking about covid like all the other threads. But there's basically no avoiding it at some point. You can do a great, even perfect job for x amount of time until there is one crack and it runs through your group like a virus does.
You can blame the fraternities if you want but it could just have easily been the janitors.
You could be right but K’s grandson is a member of the fraternity that’s getting grief over having parties. I’m old but remember being that age once. People make mistakes. I get it

K’s grandson is a member of the fraternity that’s getting grief over having parties

Thanksgiving with the Krzyzewskis just got interesting.

Kansas is out in the Big 12. Texas advances to the title game.

Florida State vs Georgia Tech for the gold trophy tomorrow night.

68 ACC Tournaments, and this is only the 2nd championship game without a school from NC in it (1990 GT vs UVa).

This is the first title game without Duke or North Carolina since 1996 (Wake vs GT).

UB beat Akron to advance to the MAC Championship game against Ohio (who beat #1seed Toledo) Tonight . The winner gets an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. Should have taken a road trip to Cleveland.Went in 2019 when UB and Nate Oats beat Bowling Green to win the MAC Championship. We had a great time there. The people of Cleveland could not have been nicer and we had a great time at the Downtown Bars and restaurants by the Arena. Look forward to watching the game tomorrow.

Georgetown is taking Creighton out behind the woodshed right now. Bid stealer.

The Hoyas were 9-12 in the regular season.

Last edited:
Illini had no trouble with Iowa. OSU is next.

My college is the OVC Champions after beating Belmont last weekend. First time in the tournament since 2011 when they upset Louisville with the "shot heard 'round Kentucky." They've won 19 of their last 20 games and beat presumed conference winner Belmont 2 times in the last week of the season.

Hoyas picked right time to win 4 in a row.

Watched them just crush Creighton tonight! Seems like Ewing finally got them listening to his message.

One of my favorite days and weeks of the year.

Love NCAA March Madness

Happy Selection Sunday!

Back