2020-2021 College Football Thread

When some parity returns I’ll pay more attention.

Interesting to see Herman fired after just a few weeks ago UT saying they were sticking with him.

AD's lie! HC's lie! Everybody lies!

I totally agree.. I don't think their mediocre play is a result of Tom Herman, but what the boosters want the boosters get.

I cannot feel too bad for a guy who will be making 15+ Million to not coach anymore, but I don't like that they said his job was safe only a few weeks ago.

I heard that the buyout was 26 Mill! That's how badly the boosters wanted him gone! And yes, the billionaire boosters paid that tab! It did not come out of the athletic department budget.

I’m a bit of a Texas football fan myself, and when Quinn ewers decommitted I had a good feeling this would happen. Unfortunately the recruiting under Herman has not been good anymore, and I do think it was time for a change. Just not sure how much I like Sark. Those USC teams weren’t really great in my opinion.

If you're the HC of the UT you had better be able to recruit your home state! Heck, all the premier programs in the country have players from Texas. It's a hotbed of HS football, as is Cali and Fla! Look how many of those players are on the rosters of Bama, OSU, and Clemson!

Very interesting. All those close games can mean the coach is still building something or it can mean the staff / team doesn't have "it".

The other side of the building coin is that he’s been there for a whole 4 years, and it’s almost gotten worse as his recruits have filtered in. I wonder where this program would be if he didn’t have Sam Ehlinger. With the amount of money and resources Texas has they should be a top 10 recruiting class ever year.
AD's lie! HC's lie! Everybody lies!

I heard that the buyout was 26 Mill! That's how badly the boosters wanted him gone! And yes, the billionaire boosters paid that tab! It did not come out of the athletic department budget.

If you're the HC of the UT you had better be able to recruit your home state! Heck, all the premier programs in the country have players from Texas. It's a hotbed of HS football, as is Cali and Fla! Look how many of those players are on the rosters of Bama, OSU, and Clemson!

Absolutely! And what was even more alarming is they had two top 3 classes and a number 7 class under Herman and still underachieved against the teams the should have beaten rather easily. He went down to 25th for 2021 so the recruits are coming anymore and would only be getting harder. The two highest rated recruits they had the past 3 years (Bru McCoy, Quinn Ewers) both left before even getting to campus.

A&M - UNC looks like it is going to be a good game.

LMAO

Shortwhorns gonna Shortwhorn ;)

The other side of the building coin is that he’s been there for a whole 4 years, and it’s almost gotten worse as his recruits have filtered in.
Jesse Palmer said it best, You gotta develop QB’s & Sark coming gives Texas a better shot at that now.

Jesse Palmer said it best, You gotta develop QB’s & Sark coming gives Texas a better shot at that now.

Which QB you like better right now? Hudson Card or Casey Thompson?

Sark developed the QBs that Pete Carroll and Nick Saban recruited. Let’s see if he can get the talent and develop it as head coach. That’s the big question.

Which QB you like better right now? Hudson Card or Casey Thompson?

Casey looked good against an awful CO team didn’t he! Ha! But sure don’t want Card entering the “portal” either! I’m sure it will be an open competition come spring. Is it bad that I was rooting for Sam to enter the draft & not opt to come back?

A&M - UNC looks like it is going to be a good game.
It would be a better game if Carolina had their two stud RBs playing!

It would be a better game if Carolina had their two stud RBs playing!

Heck, it may not have been a game. If those boys would have run for another 500+, the game would have already been over.

Imagine that...a good team staying competitive w/ players out. Yea, looking at you Florida.

Yep, heard a lot of excuses coming from that game. Comes down to coaching the personnel at your disposal, which is what Mack is doing.

UNC strikes quick to go back on top.

This UNC / Texas A&M game was pretty good up until the last 5 mins.

Elko supposedly meeting with Brian Kelly tomorrow to come back to nd as defensive coordinator

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A&M finally brought out the freshman RB, Achane, that should have been out there with Spiller in the first half. Achane - 12 rushes, 140 yds.

They have some RB's that are fast and quick. A&M is a second half club.

Mond held A&M back this year - they were clearly a cut below the top 3. Jimbo still needs another good recruiting year or two and a QB before he can scare Alabama

Last edited:
This UNC / Texas A&M game was pretty good up until the last 5 mins.

I enyoyed it all the way through - as soon as they unleashed Achane, it was over. I was wondering why they did not unleash him the first half.

I enyoyed it all the way through - as soon as they unleashed Achane, it was over. I was wondering why they did not unleash him the first half.
It definitely was & I asked my buddy the same question a couple times during the game.

If A&M wants to be taken seriously as a top 4 team, they need to get closer to Alabama and blow everyone else out. With a new QB coming, we'll see what Jimbo can organize.

And yes, I went to A&M - but also to SMU. So I've suffered...

Back