2020-2021 College Football Thread

Was a fun game to watch imo

So the ACC went 0-6 in the post season exhibition games? :oops:

Casey looked good against an awful CO team didn’t he! Ha! But sure don’t want Card entering the “portal” either! I’m sure it will be an open competition come spring. Is it bad that I was rooting for Sam to enter the draft & not opt to come back?

Nope, cause I’m doing the same lol. Sam has been a great player but it’s time to move on haha!

So the ACC went 0-6 in the post season exhibition games? :oops:

it’s a matter of time before they are back. but i’m surprised it has taken so long for fsu and miami.

The ACC was unable to win a bowl game. 0-6 is not good. On the other hand, the Big 12 went 5-0 and won two of the New Year’s 6 games.

it’s a matter of time before they are back. but i’m surprised it has taken so long for fsu and miami.
Wonder how much FSU misses Jimbo Fisher right now?

Recruiting needs to pick up, especially in Florida. Many of the better players in the state are looking to go elsewhere.

Wonder how much FSU misses Jimbo Fisher right now?

he really left them in a bad spot. like urban meyer at florida.

It is an interesting question. I'm sure Nebraska expected to be back by now too. When these schools are in the midst of greatness - often associated with a single head coach - we naturally believe they are always going to be that good. Maybe not.

On another note...who do you all have winning the Heisman tonight?

I am hoping we see the first WR since Desmond Howard & Tim Brown to win the award!

It is an interesting question. I'm sure Nebraska expected to be back by now too. When these schools are in the midst of greatness - often associated with a single head coach - we naturally believe they are always going to be that good. Maybe not.

Sometimes boosters and fans have difficulty accepting that schools can go through down cycles. In the future, we’ll see what happens with Bama post-Saban. They had some down years after Bear Bryant. It happens.

DeVonta Smith pulls down the Heisman.

1. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama: 1,866 points (447 first-place votes)
  2. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson: 1,187 points (222)
  3. Mac Jones, QB, Alabama: 1,130 points (138)
  4. Kyle Trask, QB, Florida: 737 points (61)

No surprise regarding the Heisman.

Great to see Smith snag the Heisman, but seeing Trask in four is kind of confusing to me.

Great to see Smith snag the Heisman, but seeing Trask in four is kind of confusing to me.

How so? As In should have finished higher? He finished behind the two QBs of the highest profile teams ( both made the playoff ). And Lawrence clearly had the hype as the best QB in college. I think the voters are affected by that.

Of the 3 QBs, I think his finish is right. I would’ve had Jones above Lawrence.

Of the 3 QBs, I think his finish is right. I would’ve had Jones above Lawrence.
Those two had more weapons then Trask though & he still put up great numbers.

Back