2020-2021 College Football Thread

How so? As In should have finished higher? He finished behind the two QBs of the highest profile teams ( both made the playoff ). And Lawrence clearly had the hype as the best QB in college. I think the voters are affected by that.
And that is what I dislike about the Heisman process. Trask had the best numbers of the three. Regardless of whether or not they make the playoffs shouldn’t have an outcome on voting. Just my opinion.

Bailey Hockman (committed to Georgia, enrolled at Florida State, transferred to NC State) has entered the transfer portal.

Hmmm another Ohio story. :LOL:
Covid or ribs?

COVID. Heard this on Dan Patrick today. He has a source who told him that TOSU is getting perilously close to the limited number of players needed to field a team for a game. They are continuing to try to prepare to play Monday night, but the Big Ten conference is taking their case to the NCAA, or whoever they need to take it to, to get the game postponed for one week.

Penn State’s OC out after 1 year.

Ugh!!! So just heard the news that Michigan & Coach Harbaugh sign a 5 yr extension that will go through 2025. He will take a lower salary with a buy out option.

So much for Michigan football.

Ugh!!! So just heard the news that Michigan & Coach Harbaugh sign a 5 yr extension that will go through 2025. He will take a lower salary with a buy out option.

Herman is available for an OC job now.

This is fascinating. It appears to be a substantially lower salary from 8M down to 4M per year plus possible incentives. It seems that they tried to force him out without firing him and he accepted it. I don't think he lasts the 5 years under this contract.

Needs a DC more.

This is fascinating. It appears to be a substantially lower salary from 8M down to 4M per year plus possible incentives. It seems that they tried to force him out without firing him and he accepted it. I don't think he lasts the 5 years under this contract.

Needs a DC more.
It’s going to be interesting to see who they bring in. I’m not sure Gattis survives next year. If they don’t beat Ohio State next year Harbaugh should be gone.

Big 12 officials tonight.

Will watch tonight but cannot root for either team. These are the 2 teams I have always disliked most in CFB. FSU made that a trio under Bowden and Jimbo but find them a little more palatable now that they are not coached by whiners that refuse to hold their star players accountable for inappropriate actions.

Will watch tonight but cannot root for either team. These are the 2 teams I have always disliked most in CFB. FSU made that a trio under Bowden and Jimbo but find them a little more palatable now that they are not coached by whiners that refuse to hold their star players accountable for inappropriate actions.

Yeah, the choices are pretty repugnant to me. Only a couple of ways it could have been worse for me.

Just want to see a good game.

Yeah, the choices are pretty repugnant to me. Only a couple of ways it could have been worse for me.

A lot of people where I live will be pulling for Alabama because they are from the SEC. I am not that guy that will root for a team just because they are from the same league or division as my favorite team (which happens to be ND so that would not apply to me anyway). No way in H E double hockey sticks I would ever pull for the Yankees against anybody just because they are in the same division and league as the Red Sox.

So just got cleaned up after my run & my wife said to me, "Where is your red & white?" My comment..."You know I'm not a OSU fan, so why would I wear that?" Her response..."Do you want to have a bed in the house tonight?"

Hmmmm...choices...:ROFLMAO:

...and what OSU fan calls it Red & White? Isn't is Scarlet & Gray?

So just got cleaned up after my run & my wife said to me, "Where is your red & white?" My comment..."You know I'm not a OSU fan, so why would I wear that?" Her response..."Do you want to have a bed in the house tonight?"

Very likely but the red and white thing is bothersome. No true fan would say that :unsure:
I've corrected her multiple times...its quite comical. Those extreme fans will take it to the extreme. Kind of like Maize & Blue.

Just wear something scarlet and gray and be happy about it.....might even get lucky!

Have you guys been noticing what's going on with the Transfer Portal. There are currently over 400 players in it. We effectively have free agency in college football these days. One Pac12 school only used @5 of its scholarship slots for traditional HS recruiting and is saving the rest for transfers.

And no one loses a year of eligibility this season if they find a place to go next year... Gonna be a weird one indeed. Rosters will have to be expanded some...

Back