2020-2021 College Football Thread

I'll watch the game tonight. Hopefully, it will be a good game.
I know you'll be rooting for the Buckeyes, because they are nutty! ;)

I know you'll be rooting for the Buckeyes, because they are nutty! ;)

Since I don't root for either team, that's good enough reason for me. O H I O

Pruitt out as Tennessee head coach.

There's getting fired and then there's getting fired with fire.

No ambiguity there as to whether UT views this as a termination with cause.

Pruitt is just the top, you have to get the core and that's Fulmer.

No ambiguity there as to whether UT views this as a termination with cause.
They’ve got about 15m reasons to see it that way

Tennessee has hired Josh Heupel.

Weird...

Lane Leipold leaving UB to go to Kansas. Did a good job here but the timing of this really hurts UB. Last time Kansas hired a coach from UB it was Turner Gil.

Interesting developments around the potential expansion of the playoffs to 12 teams.

I'm very much against any system that doesn't guarantee the P5 conference champions a spot at the table.

I just can't get behind guaranteeing a spot to a team based on winning their conference. What if their conference is nothing but trash teams? Last year isn't a very good example with covid and whatnot, but it was last year. USC was the highest ranked team from the PAC12 and they were at #17. 17! Oh by the way, they lost. Oregon, from the 25th spot, would have been gotten into the playoffs.

I guess that it's really going to pay to be Alabama's QB. I see that Bryce Young who hasn't started a game yet for the Tide is set to profit greatly off some NIL related things. Coach Saban has indicated that Young's deals may net the payer who has never started a game somewhere near seven figures.

You don't say.

Iowa State and West Virginia to the Big Ten?

Back