2020-2021 College Football Thread

chefkritter

It's the most wonderful time of the year
Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw last years thread up and going so I figured to start a new season thread with what may or may not be college football this year.

As Always

Boomer Sooner & Tuck Fexas!

but really, I'm rooting for it. It can be done, and done safely.

Last edited:
With so many universities going online, doubt the college football will be happening this year.

so this thread will be a bit quieter this season...

Big 10: gone

Wow. I understand, but it’s tough to hear. Penn State football and autumn in Happy Valley is part of my identity. FU 2020!

Wow. I understand, but it’s tough to hear. Penn State football and autumn in Happy Valley is part of my identity. FU 2020!

Sounds like the Pac 12 is done too.
Rumors are ACC and Big 12 could join as early as tomorrow.

and the SEC is like, fellas come play with us haha

Wow...just read the reports...my neighbor works for CBS & we were talking about this last week. He was pretty confident that fall sports would be cancelled.

Tuck Fexas indeed, but I don't think we'll have football this year.

I think it is an awful idea to entertain CFB this year, and I hope smarter heads prevail in all of this.

I don't think anyone is playing college football this year. But if there is it will only be the SEC.

Big 12 says........
200.gif

SEC & ACC initial reaction to Big 12 decision

tenor.gif

The NCAA portal

e2DfVE.gif

If I was the Rock and just bought the XFL I’d be going to every Big 10 and PAC 12 player with any nfl future and say let’s do an 8 game winter season and we will pay you. I know the ACC is playing but if he can poach a Trevor’s Lawrence for this season and turn it into the college alternative he couldn’t ruin college football. Which I am 100% against I can’t let college football be ruined for me, but it would be smart.

If I was the Rock and just bought the XFL I’d be going to every Big 10 and PAC 12 player with any nfl future and say let’s do an 8 game winter season and we will pay you. I know the ACC is playing but if he can poach a Trevor’s Lawrence for this season and turn it into the college alternative he couldn’t ruin college football. Which I am 100% against I can’t let college football be ruined for me, but it would be smart.
It would be great for the XFL if they didn’t have to burn bridges to make it happen. But I can’t see it being a good look for Micah Parsons to opt out and then join the XFL for a one season bender.

It would be great for the XFL if they didn’t have to burn bridges to make it happen. But I can’t see it being a good look for Micah Parsons to opt out and then join the XFL for a one season bender.

Absolutely, not a good look. It’s surprising how much scouts take those things into consideration. However, young athletes that know they have professional futures (Parsons, Rondale Moore,etc) I think would have no problem following the money and taking that risk. It would be too hard logistically to get that done for the XFL with bubbles and what not, but sometimes the success of a business is about striking while the iron is hot!

Absolutely, not a good look. It’s surprising how much scouts take those things into consideration. However, young athletes that know they have professional futures (Parsons, Rondale Moore,etc) I think would have no problem following the money and taking that risk. It would be too hard logistically to get that done for the XFL with bubbles and what not, but sometimes the success of a business is about striking while the iron is hot!
Very true. I’m not sure how the XFL would have fared had covid not hit, but it doesn’t hurt to have a showman like The Rock on your side. Very interested to see what their next move is and to see how opting out affects the draft stock of top college talent.

Very true. I’m not sure how the XFL would have fared had covid not hit, but it doesn’t hurt to have a showman like The Rock on your side. Very interested to see what their next move is and to see how opting out affects the draft stock of top college talent.

And partners w/ his ex wife!

After scrolling through the ESPN app to see how the Twins were doing, I saw the schedule for the Minnesota Gophers. Knowing that had a chance to be pretty darn good, bums me out a little!
They had a top 10 QB and maybe the best WR in the country. What could have been!

It’s been 13 years. I could watch this over and over again 😁

I have rooted against Notre Dame my whole life. Now my son is a freshman there. Go Irish! They announced yesterday students can attend games, so really hoping he gets to experience that this fall.

It’s been 13 years. I could watch this over and over again 😁

Thanks. I'm still triggered by "The HORROR".

Yes that is the name of that game in Michigan fan circles. I have that seasons tee shirt (schedule on the back). I can't bring myself to wear it nor throw it away.

Thanks. I'm still triggered by "The HORROR".

Yes that is the name of that game in Michigan fan circles. I have that seasons tee shirt (schedule on the back). I can't bring myself to wear it nor throw it away.
Half of me wants to apologize, but the other half wants to say my pleasure. I’ll settle for noting that it seems like every few years I go to an early season cupcake Penn State game where they need to mount a fourth quarter comeback to win. I love and hate those games!

Back