2020/2021 Soccer Thread

Yessir. It's why I stopped hating on City and Chelsea and the rest for buying their squads. As apparent with this season, it's hard to make European football with a cup squad. Arsenal won't be able to make money on name alone for much longer. It's why their participation in the ESL makes so much sense for them.
Except who will want to continue to support then when they just get stomped every match because he will put nothing into the team. He wants to sell Lacazette who is the only 1 scoring. I am just over him honestly and wish when they had the petition and the fans protesting to have him sell they EPL could have help force it. Instead because of his lack of giving a crap about Arsenal and winning made Usmanov sell his share off and go to Everton where they are doing well.

reports are Man City and Chelsea have backed out. If that is true then this won't last once you start having teams back out before it even starts it can't be successful especially since Man City would have been one of the bell cow teams.

Barcelona and Atletico have now left the league. If these reports are true its over. That is 2 of the biggest clubs in Man City and Barcelona.

Without full stadiums, how were they thinking this would even fly?

This is the guy that’s here “to save football”.....

View attachment 9004105
Is it me or does it always seem like Real Madrid's Presidents are VERY full of themselves. An elite trying to save the soccer/football for the common man?

Right, and then on top of that the expectation was working people/fans are going to fly from Barcelona to Milan, then the next week Barcelona to London, then in return fans were going to travel from Liverpool to Turin and then Liverpool to Spain?

Now all 12 clubs will meet tonight to discuss disbanding the league according to reports.

TalkSport has reported that the league has folded and is called off.

Woodward resigned
Supposedly Juve president also.

Reports from some folks on twitter not sure how good they are but they are getting tons of retweets that the Glazer family may sell Man United not because of this and other owners may follow. What a disaster.

EDIT: fixed its man u not city.

Supposedly Juve president also.

Reports from some folks on twitter not sure how good they are but they are getting tons of retweets that the Glazer family may sell Man City not because of this and other owners may follow. What a disaster.
Think you mean Utd. Ever since they missed regular Champions League qualification with Ferguson, revenues are way down. I can see some other owners getting the hump cos it didn't go the way they hoped and bailing.

Think you mean Utd. Ever since they missed regular Champions League qualification with Ferguson, revenues are way down. I can see some other owners getting the hump cos it didn't go the way they hoped and bailing.
Yes i edited and updated. the City owners wont sell because they now have NYCFC and others.

As a Gillingham fan, I hate Manchester City since we were 2-0 up with les than 10 minutes to play in the League 1 play off final .

Look up the 1999 play off final to see why promotion and relegation are a vital part of football

You will also see Fulham and Burnley in the Third division, so three teams plusBrighton in Fourth Division

Last edited:
Glazers never had enough cash flow to run a club like MANU.
They are fine with the TB Buccaneers b/c of the NFL salary cap.

Now reports saying it isnt a done deal and only Man City have left the league. I guess we will find out soon enough who is staying and who is leaving.

The 9th place club in the English Premier League is withdrawing from the European Super League.

I appreciate my 9th place club! 🤣

The 9th place club in the English Premier League is withdrawing from the European Super League.

Maybe it was the 9th place that scared everyone else away? :ROFLMAO:

As I said earlier, these clubs have always been, and always will be owned by the fans, and the fans have spoken!!!! A real dirty episode, but hopefully that’s the super league dead and buried for good.

I suspect Liverpool and Man Utd will be up for sale.

Television/streaming service rights package, along with advertising money, and don't forget the exclusive Super League team kit at the online store...

I wish they had created a Super League ...then maybe Leeds could have won the Premiership. :D

Back