2020/2021 Soccer Thread

lol...
lol Rapinoe.PNG

I do not mind being up on Costa Rica 3-0, friendly or not.
These matches are about as least friendly as a friendly can be. And a couple first time goal scorers!

Opening match of the Euros. I didn’t get to see the second half as I was called away at work, but sounds like they put in an impressive performance against strong Turkish team. They dominated in the stats. That’ll make a few other countries take notice.

Holy f**k!!!! That is one of the worst things I’ve seen. Praying Christian Eriksen pulls through. Awful and scary.

I pray that they are able to resuscitate the young man.

Last edited:
I hope this is true
839AEF09-E3EE-4FAB-976E-B852D0254F21.png

Wow! Stabilized in hospital!! Thank god!!! Great job medical team!!!

Terrifying situation. Glad to hear he’s been stabilized.

It was scary to see on tv, just glad to hear he is okay in hospital

No idea how the players came back out to complete that match. Not really surprising to see Denmark lose that one.

No idea how the players came back out to complete that match. Not really surprising to see Denmark lose that one.
Must admit I was surprised to see that game finished tonight

Screw the game, thank God he seems to be doing ok tonight after that. Was watching it with my 15 year old and we sat there in silence as we watched them doing chest compressions on him during live tv for 15 minutes. Scary stuff. Eriksen may have just played his last soccer game.

Die Mannschaft! - Can’t wait for Tuesday.

1623553471451.gif

England unusually kicking off the campaign with a win and a pretty good performance in places. Kalvin Phillips had a great game.

USWNT goal 26 seconds after start of game. Filthy.

0282C5C0-6CBE-4846-94AD-84DD290D6655.gif

Missed the Scotland game this morning. Sounds like the game was closer than the score line suggested. They will be fired up for the game on Friday against England. Can’t wait for that. Watching the Spanish game. Can’t believe the team is playing 3 days after Covid vaccinations.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game like that Spain Sweden game. How does a team have 85% possession (can’t remember I saw stats like that) and not win. The Swedish keeper had an absolute blinder, but Spain were crap in front of goal.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game like that Spain Sweden game. How does a team have 85% possession (can’t remember I saw stats like that) and not win. The Swedish keeper had an absolute blinder, but Spain were crap in front of goal.
As a Newcastle fan I can tell you it’s rare, but possible :LOL: didn’t get to tune in for this afternoon’s game.

As a Newcastle fan I can tell you it’s rare, but possible :LOL: didn’t get to tune in for this afternoon’s game.
LOL. For a 0-0 one sided game, it was a good game.
I’ve just watched the highlights of the Scotland game. Patrik Schick’s goal 2nd goal was sublime! That could well already be goal of the tournament. Superb!!!

Had a dream Sporting KC had to play a Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday-Sunday schedule. It was brutal!

Rocket by Jaylin Lindsey for Sporting KC! What a goal!

Oh. My. Glesnes!!!!!!

Gold Cup roster:
1625165506654.png

Excited to see what some of these guys can do to try and cement a spot for WC qualifying.

Dike had a good run in England, and Hoppe has scored some goals in Germany. Would love for someone to step up and become an undisputed #9, because I think it's something the USMNT lacks right now.

Back