2020/2021 Soccer Thread

It's been a weird start to the season for sure. Not having a true pre-season, especially for City and United is showing bigtime. United just looks sloppy and out of sync. Harry should never have that armband on again, never thought it was a good fit for him in the first place. It seems too heavy for him.

Liverpool getting smashed was the only thing that let me get any sleep last night.

After watching Ted Lasso I decided to load up Peacock and watch some EPL. I was genuinely excited to watch some matches. I think I might have a new favorite sport to watch.

It's been a weird start to the season for sure. Not having a true pre-season, especially for City and United is showing bigtime. United just looks sloppy and out of sync. Harry should never have that armband on again, never thought it was a good fit for him in the first place. It seems too heavy for him.

Liverpool getting smashed was the only thing that let me get any sleep last night.
When does ManU & L'pool both get destroyed on the same day? It just doesn't happen...unless the year is 2020.
I missed seeing the matches bc I was golfing. I was made enough watching my phone update.
If I had been home I'd be buying a new TV right now.

Similar here. I was on #2 yesterday and pulled the game up on my phone just in time to see Martial get sent off. I quickly turned it back off.

Yes, the last tour in the Premier League was crazy. It seems to me that this season as a whole will be unpredictable: now the matches of the national teams, then a busy schedule of performances in European tournaments. Many more unexpected results are waiting for us.

Aston Villa 7-2 versus the champions! Does anyone think there going to be a more shocking result than that this season? It's a hard game to beat

Sporting KC with the win last night and Tim Melia with a penalty save. I had to go find his numbers, he is a penalty saving machine. 11/25 saved in regular season competition and 5-0 career record in shootouts!
1602160782850.png

Aston Villa 7-2 versus the champions! Does anyone think there going to be a more shocking result than that this season? It's a hard game to beat
I was shocked. Also shocked to see so many goals come off deflections. I think 4 of the goals came this way...just crazy!!

The gods were just shining on us for that game. We need a decent title race, haven't seen but one in about 5 years

Cool beans. MLS starting to have a few higher value transfers both in and out. USMNT seems to have a number of solid pieces as well. Wonder if they can put it all together.

Cool beans. MLS starting to have a few higher value transfers both in and out. USMNT seems to have a number of solid pieces as well. Wonder if they can put it all together.
Lots of young USMNT players getting time in 1st division teams around Europe. I'm getting excited for the future, hoping they can gel and come together as a team.

We have a lot of great young talent in Europe for sure, but as long as the USMNT want to rely on the talent pool in MLS they will fail. MLS is English League One at best, it's useless to put a requirement for a manager that knows the MLS pool. They have got to go and find a top class manager if they want to take a step in the next cycle or two.

Spurs 3-0 in 16 minutes. With the time difference between England and Thailand, I gave up watching West Ham getting run all over the pitch and went to bed at half time. Wake up Monday morning to find out we scored 3 in 12 minutes. That result was as good as a win. There are some brilliant video clips of the usual gobby Spuds supporters, until the 94th minute and Lanzini shuts them up.

yea it was great

Are you SERIOUS!!!???

Best performance Ive seen out of United. That game could have been 3-0. Good to see Martial get on the scoresheet. lol

United with a convincing win - Rashford is a helluva player

Good bounce back for Barca vs the Ronaldo less Old Lady

Sporting KC and the Union keep playing at the same time. I won’t complain as long as they each get points!

Big 3 points for Newcastle this morning! Union playing now and Sporting KC tonight. Full day of soccer!

Everton v Man Utd. Think this may be Ole’s last game in charge if they loose

I think Everton are going to win today

Everton v Man Utd. Think this may be Ole’s last game in charge if they loose

I think Everton are going to win today
This is how I see it to. Just think the Everton attack will be too much for United.

This is how I see it to. Just think the Everton attack will be too much for United.

Only thing is they don’t have Richarlson playing, and they have never won without him in the Premier League

Only thing is they don’t have Richarlson playing, and they have never won without him in the Premier League
Oh I forgot about that. Is James enough to make up for Richarlson, that'll be the question for me.

Oh I forgot about that. Is James enough to make up for Richarlson, that'll be the question for me.

Well they are winning, so at the moment,Yes

Damn 1 all now

Back