2020/2021 Soccer Thread

28 minutes played and 5 goals for the USMNT. Granted it against El Salvador, but it’s good to see them playing well

Last edited:
28 minutes played and 5 goals for the USMNT. Granted it against El Salvador, but it’s good to see them playing well
Hopefully we can keep building up to world cup 2022.

Hopefully we can keep building up to world cup 2022.
Keep mining across all levels to see who we can uncover. A good showing against El Salvador. I know not the strongest competition, but we failed to qualify against some suspect teams before, so I'll take it!

It's been a lot of fun following the Champions League this year with so many USMNT players not only in the field, but contributing. Now, we have a contingent playing the the knockout round!

From Pulisic at Chelsea to Reyna at Dortmund. McKennie at Juventus. Adams at Leipzig. Dest for Barcelona. This is an exciting time to be following the progression of US soccer.

What the hell is going on?!?! 2 footie legends dead in the same week, and both way too young! Paolo Rossi dead at 64! Terrible.

Manchester Derby 0-0 at the half

some great chances from city and some good ball movement from Utd

Manchester Derby 0-0 at the half

some great chances from city and some good ball movement from Utd
Nobody with the decisive goal.

I honestly don’t follow soccer other than the World Cup, but how common are 0-0 scores. I caught the end of this game as I was waiting for the Women’s Open on NBC.

Probably 1 in 10 end in 0-0 but ties are more common than that methinks?

I honestly don’t follow soccer other than the World Cup, but how common are 0-0 scores. I caught the end of this game as I was waiting for the Women’s Open on NBC.
Probably 1 in 10 end in 0-0 but ties are more common than that methinks?
@OITW I think you're right on at 10%. I heard a number for the top 5 European leagues was like 1 in 12 games I believe.

I'd say lower levels of soccer, like high school, is much lower. Maybe 1 during the 20 or so games we play each year.

@OITW I think you're right on at 10%. I heard a number for the top 5 European leagues was like 1 in 12 games I believe.

I'd say lower levels of soccer, like high school, is much lower. Maybe 1 during the 20 or so games we play each year.

I think based on this year there is more scoring I think that is also where the game is going away from clean sheets

I think based on this year there is more scoring I think that is also where the game is going away from clean sheets
More scoring, which I'm all for. I like a good defensive side, but like when a creative player or perfect pass opens up the defense. Or a great counter attack that catches the defense out of position. I also played forward or midfield most of my soccer career, so there is that bias :ROFLMAO:

More scoring, which I'm all for. I like a good defensive side, but like when a creative player or perfect pass opens up the defense. Or a great counter attack that catches the defense out of position. I also played forward or midfield most of my soccer career, so there is that bias :ROFLMAO:

Lol disagree

nothing better than getting stuck in and winning a 50/50 or dispossessing the striker on the break and sending the counter off lol

Lol disagree

nothing better than getting stuck in and winning a 50/50 or dispossessing the striker on the break and sending the counter off lol
That's why I love soccer. Because you can be that player that stops the opposition on one end, then scores the winner in a tight game on the other.

If you've never seen this, it is a fantastic ending to see who would make it into a playoff game for premier league promotion. Gives me goosebumps

A little snowy afternoon soccer, let’s go!

Newcastle with an early 1-0 advantage despite 32% possession.

Playing with fire. Leeds draws even at 1-1.

Blah. 1-2. Need Dubravka back, but that’s only part of the struggles.

Aha! Newcastle draws even at 2-2. I need a point or three on this snowy afternoon!

😖 I think I could put together a group of THPers to put forth a better defensive effort. 2-3 disadvantage.

Ugh turned it off. And it’s still too early for beer 😫

Wasnt watching, but sounded like a great game, minus Newcastle going giving up some late. Amazing the momentum stuffs that can occur during 90 minutes.

Back