2020/2021 Soccer Thread

Can’t blame de gea for that but i will

3 utd defenders and one vardy - inexcusable, good subtle movement though. Top class strikers though the movement and clinical finishing is what separates them

i do but that vardy goal was good since the United defense is non existent
Seems to be a trend for them...

Seems to be a trend for them...

Why are you going to pay some ******** fee for sancho when you can pay half that for a better center half?

they need that maguire is mediocre

Why are you going to pay some ******** fee for sancho when you can pay half that for a better center half?

they need that maguire is mediocre
He really is mediocre. Too many bad decisions for what he's valued at.

Boxing Day lineup is fun - enjoyed our Boxing Day match a few years ago with Fulham playing Wolves.

Will probably watch the Fulham Southampton match too

3 utd defenders and one vardy - inexcusable, good subtle movement though. Top class strikers though the movement and clinical finishing is what separates them
Wasnt able to watch the game live, but that Vardy goal yikes. That's on the entire defense including de gea. He can see everything and needs to be sure Vardy is marked, tight!

Wasnt able to watch the game live, but that Vardy goal yikes. That's on the entire defense including de gea. He can see everything and needs to be sure Vardy is marked, tight!

I don’t think they listen though

Great finish by Liverpool Mane with a superb touch and goal

Oh my gosh surprise Wednesday afternoon soccer! Been so busy I forgot Newcastle was playing this afternoon. I fully intend to punish myself by watching them lose!

Oh my gosh surprise Wednesday afternoon soccer! Been so busy I forgot Newcastle was playing this afternoon. I fully intend to punish myself by watching them lose!
Well my superstition kicked in and I refused to post during the game. Result: 1 point. I’ll take it!

Refresh my memory boys....what’s the rule for a goalie punting the ball from inside the goalie box. Where does ball/feet/contact have to occur before a foul is called?

Refresh my memory boys....what’s the rule for a goalie punting the ball from inside the goalie box. Where does ball/feet/contact have to occur before a foul is called?
The keeper can kick (not punt) the ball anywhere. He can’t handle the ball outside of the 18 yard box.

Last edited:
As long as the ball hasn’t fully crossed the line he /she can kick it out. Once that ball crosses the line it’s a goal.

The keeper can kick (not punt) the ball anywhere. He can’t handle the ball outside of the 18 yard box.
As long as the ball hasn’t fully crossed the line he /she can kick it out. Once that ball crosses the line it’s a goal.
So in this case the line crossed here is the end of the 18 yard box. He’s outside the box when making contact. So apparently it seems as long as he’s not touching the ball once he leaves the box he’s good?!

8B15FABF-74DF-4ECE-89B3-CED16B53005C.jpeg

So in this case the line crossed here is the end of the 18 yard box. He’s outside the box when making contact. So apparently it seems as long as he’s not touching the ball once he leaves the box he’s good?!

View attachment 8986033

would have to see when the ball leaves his hand but in theory as long as the ball is out of his hands outside the box he’s good. That said, a lot of goalies blur that line and don’t get called.

View attachment 8986033

It’s fine. Keeper does not have to stay in the box. In World Cup games, once it gets to the knockout stages, it’s not unusual to see the keeper up in the opposition box in the dying minutes of the game if his team are behind. Once outside his box, he’s subject to the same rules as every other player. Can kick it here there and everywhere, but if the ball strikes him on the arm or hand, it’s handball.

It’s fine. Keeper does not have to stay in the box. In World Cup games, once it gets to the knockout stages, it’s not unusual to see the keeper up in the opposition box in the dying minutes of the game if his team are behind. Once outside his box, he’s subject to the same rules as every other player. Can kick it here there and everywhere, but if the ball strikes him on the arm or hand, it’s handball.

May have left out, but goalie scoops up the ball in the box. Runs it out to the line and punts. He punts the ball outside the 18 yard box but he does release the ball for the punt before he leaves the box. So think Mike got it right....it’s ok if he’s not touching the ball w/ hands outside the box.

Not related to the keeper discussion, but if we are posting Rene Higuita videos....

Finally able to watch the City-Aston Villa game from earlier today.

It's exciting to see how much Foden improves all the time. He's already very good, but he is gonna be stupid good before long.

Back