2020/2021 Soccer Thread

This is big for us here in Utah. After our team has taken an absolute beating this year with a scum of the earth owner who MLS finally took over the sale of the team, though we are still waiting for a new owner, This is a push in the right direction for our team.

Well it was ugly but at least one Manchester team can beat Sheffield United.

All I had to do was fully prepare myself for relegation and Newcastle gets a win. And I slept through the whole thing...

United looks better today than Wednesday.

Rashford needs to convert

Shelvey with a strike 70 seconds in and then 2 goals conceded in short fashion. Grr. Just keep it competitive so I have something to watch/listen to.

What a finish at Old Trafford. Everton goal in the final seconds to snatch victory away from the Rags.

City wins at Anfield for the first time since 2003. Five clear of United. 14 straight wins in all comps.

OMG City gets their 21 game winning streak stopped by the Rags. Looked like carp.

Lewandowski now 9 goals shy of Gerd Müller's Bundesliga record of 40 goals in a season with 10 games to go

Chelsea utterly crapped the bed today against West Brom. Jump out 1-0, then go down a man, give up 2 in added time in the 1st and lose 5-2. At home.

And what was the thinking of pulling off Pulisic, your goal scorer, after the team is on the field for the second half kick? Pulisic is on the pitch but then called off. Chelsea looked lost.

Chelsea utterly crapped the bed today against West Brom. Jump out 1-0, then go down a man, give up 2 in added time in the 1st and lose 5-2. At home.

And what was the thinking of pulling off Pulisic, your goal scorer, after the team is on the field for the second half kick? Pulisic is on the pitch but then called off. Chelsea looked lost.

Losing Silva was big. I’m not sure that second yellow was warranted, but it was given so play on.

Chelsea was sloppy with possession and while I understand playing from the back, when you are a man down you need to adjust and keep everything in front and focus on counter attacking. I would not say they are lost, but showed rust after the international break.

Also if you pull Pulisic bring on another piece to help and not a like player. Otherwise just leave him on.

Hopefully Thiago Silva never plays against West Brom again :cry:

Now it’s coming out it was a hamstring injury. Another soft tissue injury for Pulisic. I really want him to thrive in the EPL but his fitness with soft tissue injuries hasn’t been the best and I’m not sure that isn’t wearing thin in Tuchel

I hope Chelsea does well, bc I think Roman Abramovich has a crazy background. If you look up that guys life story it is incredible how he ever lived through it.
I am not saying that I support how oligarchs earn their wealth.

Huge point for Newcastle yesterday. Battle against relegation in full swing!

Huge win for the Union tonight. Second leg should be interesting after this ending. Curious yellow card decision...

Now it’s coming out it was a hamstring injury. Another soft tissue injury for Pulisic. I really want him to thrive in the EPL but his fitness with soft tissue injuries hasn’t been the best and I’m not sure that isn’t wearing thin in Tuchel
He played today in Champions League, so it must have been just tightness that he didn’t want to risk injuring. Thank goodness!

He played today in Champions League, so it must have been just tightness that he didn’t want to risk injuring. Thank goodness!

I saw that and was moving really good. Hopefully it was just tightness and he caught it before it tuned into something worse

I saw that and was moving really good. Hopefully it was just tightness and he caught it before it tuned into something worse
I thought he looked really good today. I thought he had a goal. His injuries have definitely been a hindrance and I hope they figure it out as he gets older.

Back