2020/2021 Winter/Offseason Golf Practice/Training Plan?

Going to try to focus on putting got away from it the last few years.
Also debating looking at doing lessons as long as i can practice it may be beneficial

The only things I will work on is putting and chipping. I'll have my putting mat and a chipping station set up in the basement.

I will be focusing a lot of time on putting this winter. I will also be trying to figure out my driver swing if I can find time to get on a sim. I think it's a combination of swing, plus shaft. So I'll be trying out some new shaft combinations as well.

Weather permitting, I'll try to get some chipping in too. When I was diligent about practicing my short game it was a strength. By the end of the year I lost focus, and my scores suffered as a result..

@radiman did a great thread on fitness goals.

What are your golf practice/training plans for winter/offseason?

To play as much golf as possible while the weather is in the 70s ;)

To play as much golf as possible while the weather is in the 70s ;)

I did that earlier this week, golf in 70 degree weather. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see 70 degrees again until April or so.

Drink lots of these by the fire and wait for spring.... (set your expectations low and then anything you do will be a bonus).

8B54DC76-043B-48D8-86E9-0DEF35F1DBE0.jpeg

I bought a planemate last winter and never used it. Going to make an effort to get some swings at least 3-5 times a week around the house. Maybe a range session here or there if the weather cooperates.

I don’t really have an off-season...more like off stretches. There are usually opportunities to play at least a couple of times each month. However, my winter plan is for improvement. I’m three lessons in so far and am really learning some things. My goal is to continue with the lessons and practice (with some playing mixed in when I can) and hopefully be regularly breaking 100 by the time consistently good golf weather rolls around again.

I will be focusing a lot of time on putting this winter. I will also be trying to figure out my driver swing if I can find time to get on a sim. I think it's a combination of swing, plus shaft. So I'll be trying out some new shaft combinations as well.

Weather permitting, I'll try to get some chipping in too. When I was diligent about practicing my short game it was a strength. By the end of the year I lost focus, and my scores suffered as a result..

You ever wanna hit up my local Trackman place with me to bang some balls over the winter, let me know. Pretty slick setup with a short game area as well (limited chipping from collar only). It’s called Fore-One-Nine Golf or some version of that spelling. Owner is the local pro at Shelby CC, good guy that is obviously a very good instructor and will point out a few things if he’s not giving a lesson AND if you want him to (you do).

I had my best driving round in years and came close to breaking par at 6600 130 slope par 72. Best I’ve struck the ball in forever, if I’d have made a putt or two it really could have been a round. Anyways that was after him giving me one simple tip. I went from blocksville every other shot to hitting every single drive in play, and even on the correct hole, lol.

I'll work on putting again this year but the main thing is just to get my back and hip healthy again. I don't want to go through a season of pain again.

I try to golf year round. That keeps the swing gooved for the most part. Would like to take a lesson to clean some minor things up.

Nope to get out this Sunday for last round of the year if it doesn’t rain too hard then having some surgery on both feet next week which will set me back for couple of months.

Plan is to start right after new year with SuperSpeed training 3X/week and work on some exercises to strengthen upper back. My wife and I do a lot of walking but we bought each other snowshoes this year for Christmas so will do a lot of trail walking and walking the golf course even after the snow starts falling. Weight training is no go since I tore one of my bicep tendons off last year so lots of cardio and core training plus speed will be my 6 month downtime.

I need to work on hitting my irons higher. I also want to work on my clubhead speed and see if I can improve my distances a bit.

I don't expect to take a break really given that this is the first day in 8 months where golf isn't an option and that's due to a light drizzle that most of the country wouldn't blink at playing in.

I spent the last 9 month concentrating almost solely on my full swing striking. I improved a lot. My HC dropped from not having one in January to 29 in May and down to 21.3 as of today. Hitting 200 yard + drives in the fairway and having a prayer of hitting the green in regulation on almost every hole has helped. I have broken 100 in 18 of my last 20 rounds. I have set my PB in 5 of my last 8 rounds. I have a legit shot at 90 now and expect to break it before the end of the year. I think by the spring I should be breaking it consistently if I work on the right things. I definitely am throwing away 5 shots every round on duffed chips and my short game every round. That is conservative. If I fix those duffed chips and practice my putting so that I hit the occasional 8-12 footer I have a lot of easy room for improvement. I could use some improvement in my driving but I don't think there are as many shots there.

@radiman did a great thread on fitness goals.

What are your golf practice/training plans for winter/offseason?
Man, I don't have many practice outlets at the moment. I was doing superspeed up until our kids ended up being home most every day for distance learning. Was great to come home at lunch knock out the routine and get back to work.

I have been using the tour striker smart ball most days to work on staying connected. I also plan on working on getting my weight to my left side sooner. I have had a habit of keeping too much weight on my right foot as I start to lose flexibility.

I am going to get the Planemate and take it with me when my wife and I head to N Carolina in January. Weather permitting I'll be at the range or the beach working with it as much as I can.

Don't get (too) fat is my main goal.. have to manage diet while wife transitions into pregasaurus.

But I need to work on my putting, so hoping ti secure a spot for a little putting matt in the 2nd living room

I built a garage gym this Summer so I'm keeping busy lifting weights and getting in time on the rower. Once I'm done with my college work in February and my weekends free up, I'm planning to really get after hitting balls again and start properly tracking my handicap. Would love to get down to single digits this year.

100 putt challenge! And aiming for 3-5 days per week on the SkyTrak range with 1-2 sim rounds per week. Will hopefully evaluate early next year if lessons are needed.

Golf work will focus on putting and swing work. After today’s sim league round I initiated a series of 3 swing lessons spread over the winter. With swing I want to dial in tempo and consistency with irons and add ball speed with driver.

For me, I am doing lessons every 2 weeks, range and superspeed 3 days a week. Practice putting and chipping twice a week along with shorter range sessions.

Gym 3 days a week, then try to mix in yoga at least once a week and hopefully 2-3 times then play once a week. Been progressing nicely and want to keep it going over the winter so when spring comes I am ready to get after it.

I need to work on hitting my irons higher. I also want to work on my clubhead speed and see if I can improve my distances a bit.

Tradesies? I’ve gotta hit them lower.

CHS (and yes it’s crude, but effective) can be gained in leaps and bounds with the SuperSpeed system.

Back